The Green Bay Packers Thread

Principled Man

So the Pack grabbed two running backs then?

Actually 3 - but I don't know much about the 3rd one. Angelo Pease, RB, Kansas State

The other 2 were projected to go much earlier, and the Packers grabbed them with when they fell. Sometimes that can really light a fire under a rookie's ass.... that disrespect. Shit, it still fuels Aaron Rodgers.

You should have given us a 3rd round pick for Ivory he's like all three of your rookies rolled into one running back!

So the Pack grabbed two running backs then?

Actually 3 - but I don't know much about the 3rd one. Angelo Pease, RB, Kansas State

The other 2 were projected to go much earlier, and the Packers grabbed them with when they fell. Sometimes that can really light a fire under a rookie's ass.... that disrespect. Shit, it still fuels Aaron Rodgers.

Benson, Green and Grant will be cut. It'll be Lacy, Harris, Franklin and Starks. One of those may lose out later on.

I knew it was coming.... Favre starting to pave the way to get the Green Bay fans to embrace him once again - just in time for his first ballot HoF induction as a Packer.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22364250/brett-favre-on-separation-from-packers-i-was-at-fault

An official reunion between Brett Favre and the Green Bay Packers looks like it's one step closer to happening. During an interview on Thursday, Favre did something he had never done before publicly: he took responsibility for the messy way things ended in Green Bay following the 2007 season.

In a wide-ranging interview with radio station WGR 550-AM in Buffalo, Favre sounded contrite about the way he left Green Bay.

"It's over and done with. I was at fault," Favre said. "I feel that both sides had a part in it. If you could go back, would I or them have done things differently? I'm sure both sides would. But you can't."

How are the Packers mini camps coming?

Amazing. From what I've seen, I'd be shocked if Rodgers gets sacked even once this year, the offense doesn't score 30 a game or the defense allows more than 10.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

Amazing. From what I've seen, I'd be shocked if Rodgers gets sacked even once this year, the offense doesn't score 30 a game or the defense allows more than 10.

It's only June. Let's wait a while before we jinx 'em with that kind of talk.... :o :P

It's only June.

That's basically what I was saying

It's only June.

That's basically what I was saying

He was trying out his weak powers of irony!

But hey I wasn't asking for a prediction of next season, I just asked a friendly question like how was it going, no need to be facetious. :moon: :madra: :nya nya: :banana:

Edited by treeduck

Nothing too exciting to report......darnit....

They welcomed back DT Johnny Jolly, who has hopefully gotten past his codeine addiction. He's been gone for three years, and the Packers are giving him a chance.

RB Dujuan Harris took a regular physical, and they found a fist-sized CYST by his lung. :o He's supposed to be good to go for pre-season.

The Packer WR's are having fun taking stabs at ex-teammate Greg Jennings.....allegedly all in fun.... ;) ;)

And they're trying to majorly reboot the O-Line, which does NOT put me at ease..... :eh: :eh:

Nothing too exciting to report......darnit....

They welcomed back DT Johnny Jolly, who has hopefully gotten past his codeine addiction. He's been gone for three years, and the Packers are giving him a chance.

RB Dujuan Harris took a regular physical, and they found a fist-sized CYST by his lung. :o He's supposed to be good to go for pre-season.

The Packer WR's are having fun taking stabs at ex-teammate Greg Jennings.....allegedly all in fun.... ;) ;)

And they're trying to majorly reboot the O-Line, which does NOT put me at ease..... :eh: :eh:

:smoke: Cool! :hail:

What about the rookies, new signings? And yeah I heard about Harris.

All the rookies are signed except for Datone Jones. Not gonna be a problem.

The mini-camp focus has been on causing turnovers, to which I say, "How about teaching them to TACKLE BETTER?"

It's been the same in the Saints camp, get to the quarterback more often take some off the pressure off the secondary. Don't even mention tackling! Edited by treeduck

Real news from Packer camp...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/08/packers-cap-week-with-dodgeball-tournament/

Since it was raining in Green Bay this week, the Packers weren’t able to finish up minicamp with any skeet shooting or other outdoor activities.

Instead, they played dodgeball, and not surprisingly, it was quarterback Aaron Rodgers who became their Vince Vaughn.

“I’ve watched ‘DodgeBall’ many times, and I’ve followed the five Ds in dodgeball – dodge, duck, dip, dive and, of course, dodge,” Rodgers said, via the team’s official website. “Patches O’Houlihan and I are good buddies.”

Players and coaches divided up into eight teams, and Rodgers faced off against wide receiver James Jones’ squad in the final.

He finished it off in style, catching a throw from Jordy Nelson, setting up a three-on-one against Jones, making the wideout an easy mark.

“There was a lot of trash-talking before that match, but we did our talking with the dodgeball,” Rodgers said.

Hopefully, they didn’t let coach Mike McCarthy walk under the “Luck of the Irish” sign on the way out, preserving their chances for the rest of the season.

Isn't tackling supposed to be in the day one instruction/training session? I've seen enough plays in the prior seasons where I just said to myself while watching a game, "Will someone please tackle that F*&*ing guy with the football"?! What, it's girlie school now?; don't you dare touch my quarterback!?

Check out this header in nfl.com's article on "Who's Really In Charge?"

GREEN BAY PACKERS

Owner: N/A

General Manager: Ted Thompson, 9th Year

Head Coach: Mike McCarthy, 8th Year

Other front-office notables: Mark Murphy, President and CEO; Russ Ball, Vice President of Football Administration; Eliot Wolf, Director of Pro Personnel; Brian Gutekunst, Director of College Scouting;Alonzo Highsmith, Senior Personnel Executive.

Notice who is listed as Team Owner......... :haz: :haz: :haz:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000210844/article/whos-ireallyi-in-charge-general-managers-reign-in-nfc-north

GREEN BAY PACKERS

Other front-office notables: Mark Murphy, President and CEO; Russ Ball, Vice President of Football Administration; Eliot Wolf, Director of Pro Personnel; Brian Gutekunst, Director of College Scouting;Alonzo Highsmith, Senior Personnel Executive.

http://www.nfl.com/n...gn-in-nfc-north

Is that the Alonzo Highsmith that used to be a running back for the Houston Oilers?

GREEN BAY PACKERS

Is that the Alonzo Highsmith that used to be a running back for the Houston Oilers?

How many are there?

GREEN BAY PACKERS

How many are there?

I don't keep up with the Oilers or the Alonzo Highsmiths. Maybe you know? He's your boy isn't he? :hi:

GREEN BAY PACKERS

The very same! He's reported to be doing a bang-up job, too! :ebert:

GREEN BAY PACKERS

The very same! He's reported to be doing a bang-up job, too! :ebert:

Can he still run though? :D-13:

So who decides who the Packers' general manager is going to be? Does it go to a fan vote? Do they do the same thing with the HC? Did Mike McCarthy win a poll?

There's an elected board who picks the GM, usually the Chairman determines the GM.

So who decides who the Packers' general manager is going to be? Does it go to a fan vote? Do they do the same thing with the HC? Did Mike McCarthy win a poll?

Mark Murphy, President and CEO, after getting the blessing of the Board of Directors, hires the General Manager. His predecessor, the great Bob Harlan, hired Ron Wolf in the early 90's and Ted Thompson in 2005.

The power structure is like this:

Board of Directors (7-member Executive Committee; 45 total members); Elected by shareholders

Mark Murphy = President/CEO

Ted Thompson = Executive V.P., General Manager and Director of Football Operations

Russ Ball = Vice President of Football Administration/Player Finance

**Note: After the Favre fiasco in 2008, the shareholders and directors, in their annual meeting at Lambeau, gave Mark Murphy and Ted Thompson a thunderous vote of approval. It was virtually unaminous if I remember correctly. :haz: :haz:

Edited by Principled Man