TOUR PSA: Guard your debit card.

The Owl

LOL

Someone posted a thread like this for the S&A tour.......but it doesn't hurt to reiterate..

Rush fans are at probably the most risk for pickpockets than at any other concert...... most likely 4 out of every 10 people there have the same pin number.....so guard your wallet carefully at the Rush show...

Any known Rush fan who uses 2112 as their pin number deserves to have their debit card stolen and their account emptied.

Like......seriously.

It's my code for a lot of things, but not that. (For example, my password to access my work e-mail is 2112. Anyone who wants to go to town on that is welcome to. Just be sure you return all calls in a timely fashion).

Actually - I don't even HAVE a PIN number. I never set one - I just use the card as a credit card because I get $$$ back that way.

Keep your wallet close anyway. 99.9% of clerks never bother to check ID against the name on the card.

Edited by Mara

I will add that at concerts, my wallet is in my pocket. I do carry a small purse, but just fill it with contraband food & drink and whatever. Anyone ripping off my purse isn't going to get anything of value.

i always keep my wallet in the front pocket tried the back didn't like see u all on the 18th of sept. 2.gif

I think it's wise to always have your wallet in your front pocket. Debit cards seem an unnecessary risk; even though V/MC ones have the same federal protections as credit cards, it's the"freezing of funds" that can slow down the process. I use credit cards 99% of the time. They're easy, convenient, secure, provide protection, and some even literally pay you to use them. Edited by upstateNYfan

Related: consider carrying your wallet in your front pocket by default, not just when you're concerned about pick pockets. I've got two herniated disks in my lower back, partially because when I sat, I sat off-balance. Seriously. It's fine for almost everyone, but if you're going to have lower back problems, sitting with a wallet in your back pocket will accelerate the damage.

I don't use 2112 for my pin, but I did get it for my Google Voice number new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif