How Much Does Ged Talk To the Crowd?

Lerxst

I got a kick out of Geddy filming the crowd on the S&A tour, having them say "Hello Canada!"

It's cool when Ged talks with the crowd. I hope he does some of that this time.

He doesn't do that much talking. Just the usual stuff like welcoming everyone after a few songs and introducing a few others. Nothing major at all at my show, which I like. There's nothing I hate more at a concert than a singer who won't shut up between songs. It takes away from the flow of the show and takes time away from playing songs.

The "Hello Canada" thing from the S&A tour I don't mind because Rush doesn't normally waste time talking that much and Geddy had a cool reason for doing it. I prefer a band to shut up and play since that's what i've paid to see them do. Which is exactly what Rush does live.

Edited by J2112YYZ

He really doesn't talk that much at all, which is good.

Like the previous poster said, he welcomes the crowd after the first few songs, and then introduces a couple others (primarily, the newer ones off S&A and the two off the upcoming album.. at least that's what he did at my show)

Besides that, it's just a musical flow of one song into another, constantly. Once one ends, there's like a 5 second gap of the stage being dark, and then you can hear Neil introduce the next song with his hi-hat.

I LOVE this method. I hate when bands go on rants for minutes after EVERY song is done. I just wnat to hear the next song!

This is one of the many reasons why they are one of the best live acts out there - they don't waste time with mindless chatter.

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 13 2010, 07:01 PM)
This is one of the many reasons why they are one of the best live acts out there - they don't waste time with mindless chatter.

I dunno, The Who rocked live and had pretty hilarious stage banter. confused13.gif

Rush is one of those really funny bands that only conveys their humor through the music and the background videos at concerts, and i'm certain if they would just open up and joke around on stage, the crowd would really get into it. cool.gif