The Doctor Who thread.

The Owl

Just as the Bookies were predicting over the last couple of days, Peter Capaldi has just been announced. Back to an older Doctor, and also more of a well known actor (mainly from playing Malcolm Tucker in The Thick of It)

Here he is, if you don't know who he is

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0134922/

Just as the Bookies were predicting over the last couple of days, Peter Capaldi has just been announced. Back to an older Doctor, and also more of a well known actor (mainly from playing Malcolm Tucker in The Thick of It)

I love In The Thick Of It - Peter Capaldi's just amazing!

• Like 1

It's posts like this I miss Jaye's input as well, she was a huge Who fan from what I remember :(

Book collection next YL.. :ebert:

You've inspired me to put mine up soon...nowhere near this much, but it's still in progress for a few more :)

Go for it Steevo. I'd love to see what you've got...and also what your favourites are

Ok, I'll try and make the effort sometime this weekend. Are you able to put up your books as well? :ebert:

Has Jaye gone? I miss her. :hug2:

:yes: Can't wait to see how he plays the Doctor..hope he keeps the Scottish accent

:yes: Can't wait to see how he plays the Doctor..hope he keeps the Scottish accent

You mean..?

You mean..?

Well, Tennant was Scottish, but played it with an English accent, while McCoy was Scottish and played it with his Scottish accent, and since Capaldi is Scottish too, which way is he going to go?

Edited by Your_Lion

You mean..?

Well, Tennant was Scottish, but played it with an English accent, while McCoy was Scottish and played it with his Scottish accent, and since Capaldi is Scottish too, which way is he going to go?

I mean, is he..?

i was hoping they'd back track for a while. cover the 8th doctor.

There are still rumours (how accurate I'm not sure) that the 8th Doctor will appear in the 50th anniversary, maybe regenerating into John Hurt's character.

I see he was in "Bean" too. I'll have to go back and look at that. :cheers:

• Like 1

Since i'm American, I have no idea who this guy is but they always seem to pick somebody good for the role. So, I believe he will do well. It's just Matt and Jenna have such good chemistry with each other, if Clara sticks around I wonder if it will be as good with the new Doctor.

He certainly looks the part in that picture. I like the scarf to, nice little nod to Tom Baker's Doctor.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

It's posts like this I miss Jaye's input as well, she was a huge Who fan from what I remember :(

Book collection next YL.. :ebert:

You've inspired me to put mine up soon...nowhere near this much, but it's still in progress for a few more :)

Go for it Steevo. I'd love to see what you've got...and also what your favourites are

Ok, I'll try and make the effort sometime this weekend. Are you able to put up your books as well? :ebert:

Has Jaye gone? I miss her. :hug2:

Well and truly. I wasn't on here so much back then so not really sure why.

Since i'm American, I have no idea who this guy is but they always seem to pick somebody good for the role. So, I believe he will do well. It's just Matt and Jenna have such good chemistry with each other, if Clara sticks around I wonder if it will be as good with the new Doctor.

He certainly looks the part in that picture. I like the scarf to, nice little nod to Tom Baker's Doctor.

The Doctor/Companion chemistry will definitely change. The age difference between Capaldi and Coleman is pretty much exactly the same as the age difference between Jon Pertwee and Katy Manning, and they were one of my favourite Doctor/Companion pairings...so I'm hoping for something similar to that.

As for the picture, it's just a publicity photo as yet. His Doctor's clothing have yet to be chosen...but the scarf is a nice nod.

If you've no idea who he is, you should check out some episodes of The Thick of It (although, I can't imagine his Doctor would swear as much as he does in that :LOL: )

i was hoping they'd back track for a while. cover the 8th doctor.
There are still rumours (how accurate I'm not sure) that the 8th Doctor will appear in the 50th anniversary, maybe regenerating into John Hurt's character.

i've heard that. which means that john hurt's character is the 8th regeneration but not "The Doctor" as he didnt take the title....

meh

Can someone explain something to me about the 8th Doctor? As far as I can see, he's described as the "missing Doctor". Wasn't Paul McGann the 8th Doctor? Are the BBC going to act like his incarnation doesn't exist? Because he was a movie version?

Can someone explain something to me about the 8th Doctor? As far as I can see, he's described as the "missing Doctor". Wasn't Paul McGann the 8th Doctor? Are the BBC going to act like his incarnation doesn't exist? Because he was a movie version?

Well, NewWho is certainly acknowledging his existence. There have been several times they've shown montages of the Doctors previous incarnations, or images of his past faces (Eg.The Next Doctor, The Eleventh Hour and Nightmare in Silver) and in every case, McGann was included.

Also, since the early 2000's, he's been recording monthly audio adventures (so have the 5th, 6th and 7th Doctors, and more recently so has the 4th), so there are much more Paul McGann adventures around than you may think.

Among fandom, McGann returning for another adventure is one of the most wished for things (certainly it is for me), and since we never saw how old he looked when he "regenerated", he's the only classic Doctor that you wouldn't have to explain away the actors age difference.

Well, NewWho is certainly acknowledging his existence. There have been several times they've shown montages of the Doctors previous incarnations, or images of his past faces (Eg.The Next Doctor, The Eleventh Hour and Nightmare in Silver) and in every case, McGann was included.

Also, since the early 2000's, he's been recording monthly audio adventures (so have the 5th, 6th and 7th Doctors, and more recently so has the 4th), so there are much more Paul McGann adventures around than you may think.

Among fandom, McGann returning for another adventure is one of the most wished for things (certainly it is for me), and since we never saw how old he looked when he "regenerated", he's the only classic Doctor that you wouldn't have to explain away the actors age difference.

Thanks for that! :)

Thanks for that! :)

No problemo :) ...and as you can see, he's not missing from my sig