The New VIP Merch Thread

I figured there were a few of us logging in to see what others were saying about the merch that we are SUPPOSED to be receiving with our VIP packages, so I thought I'd create a new update thread...

So here's the scoop... my friend (whom I'm attending the Seattle show with on Aug 7) received his VIP merch on Saturday. I still have not received mine yet (even though we redeemed our codes on the VIP website at the same time and live only a half hour apart from each other).

Just wanted to let you all know that at least ONE of us has received the merch we were promised and paid for with our tickets.

But like others have stated on this board, I don't particularly care for the way this whole VIP thing was handled. I've been passing by the "Beyond The Lighted Stage" DVD/Blu Ray at a local store now everytime I've gone in for the last few weeks, and it's all I can do to keep myself from buying it. The only reason I haven't is because I knew I was getting it in the mail at some point. I personally think they should have given those of us who shelled out the cash for the VIP package special priority on receiving the DVD before the general public (or at least at the same time - i.e. not make us wait for weeks after it is released).

I don't think I'll be doing a VIP package for Rush again in the future.

Edited by theoriginalfuzz

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, at least we know it really does exist. That it wasn't some myth cooked up by the promoters to overprice seats. laugh.gif

This gives me some hope that I might actually have merch in hand by the time my show rolls around.

QUOTE (The_Enemy_Within @ Jul 26 2010, 06:25 PM)
I'm sorry all of you guys have to wait. :/ How much money was it? I forgot.
I remember seeing it on the site, but haven't really kept tabs with it.

Mine was a little over $300 per person... but I know others had to pay more (prices varied from city to city).

QUOTE (theoriginalfuzz @ Jul 26 2010, 06:29 PM)
QUOTE (The_Enemy_Within @ Jul 26 2010, 06:25 PM)
I'm sorry all of you guys have to wait. :/ How much money was it? I forgot.
I remember seeing it on the site, but haven't really kept tabs with it.

Mine was a little over $300 per person... but I know others had to pay more (prices varied from city to city).

Ouch! Well, I do hope you get yours soon! yes.gif

I emailed Fanfire to ask them when it would ship, and I got the following reply -- a week later -- on 7/18:

Your order has been sent to the warehouse for packing and shipment. It should be shipping out within the next 24-48 hours. Please allow another 5-7 business days for delivery.

And I got that reply from Fanfire several days after Ticketmaster emailed me, separately, saying the VIP items had begun shipping.

So, it should be arriving any day now. At least it's good to know my friend got his stuff - makes me feel a bit more confident that mine will actually get here at some point as well.

Received one of two packages on Saturday. It's a decent assortment of swag, but I only bought it to get better tickets. The tourbook is about the only item I would have bought regardless.

thanks for the update. it's nice to know someone has actually gotten theirs! i did receive an email saying mine was shipped on 7/21, so hopefully we'll get them soon. it would have been nice to get the stuff before the show (mohegan sun 7/19), but the seats were pretty awesome- center section, 9th row. thanks again for letting us know someone has received their stuff.

Just got my stuff today ! Tues. 7/27 via USPS in a large, white, flat cardboard envelope. I live in Vero Beach, FL (east coast) and the package comes from Rancho Cordova, California (WAAAAY on the left coast), Personally, I LOVE the shirt and the poster is much larger than I thought it would be ! FBN is my fav album cover so I'm stoked. 653.gif

For those of you who've received your swag - pic of the shirt?

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 27 2010, 11:49 AM)
For those of you who've received your swag - pic of the shirt?

Apparently the shirt is just the Rush logo from the first album.... very simple.

At least, that's what I was told by my friend (he's not much of an internet guy, so you wont' see him on here)

Hopefully I'll have mine today too.... then I can give better info:)

Well, my husband just got home and called to tell me my swag is there waiting for me!!!! bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif

FINALLY! Tonight I can watch the documentary!!!!

Got my water bottle and t-shirt from Music today just shy of two weeks ago, and got my VIP package the middle of last week. I was slightly disappointed in the poster, since I was under the impression (maybe wrong?) that it was going to be something to do with the tour, but it is still cool.

I had already bought the guitar pick thingy through the Rush Backstage club. Maybe I'll just give the extra to my son...He's getting the two t-shirts! LOL

Both my packages came through regular US Postal Service.

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Jul 27 2010, 03:51 PM)
Got my water bottle and t-shirt from Music today just shy of two weeks ago, and got my VIP package the middle of last week. I was slightly disappointed in the poster, since I was under the impression (maybe wrong?) that it was going to be something to do with the tour, but it is still cool.

I had already bought the guitar pick thingy through the Rush Backstage club. Maybe I'll just give the extra to my son...He's getting the two t-shirts! LOL

Both my packages came through regular US Postal Service.

Cool, thanks. I'll drag the kids down to the mailbox later, the package may be in the apartment office since USPS is doing it.

I'll hold off on being pissed til I see it, but if it's not the tour poster I'm going to be LIVID. Same with the tee. A big part of why I shelled out for the package was so that I wouldn't have to cart all the stuff around at the venue.

I got mine today. I thought the shirt would be a new design but it is just the first logo on a grayish shirt, so that kind of sucks. The poster and the guitar picks are pretty sweet though. I think that there are 8 or so picks with different designs. I can't wait to finally see the documentary and the extras!

I read on one of the other Rush forums today that there appears to be some sort of delay for people who ordered XL t-shirt sizes vs. L... the poster didn't elaborate or even explain where this info came from or why that is. But given that my friend did get his stuff and he ordered a L t-shirt, whereas I ordered XL and haven't received my stuff as of yet (the mail has already come today), it almost seems plausible...

... can anyone else corroborate what I've heard?

If this is true - it sounds like this whole deal has just been very poorly managed. I'm very disappointed with the path Rush has gone down in this regard...

I am FKING LIVID. I really don't know if I can describe just how pissed off I am at this travesty, but I'll try. Went down to the apartment office and picked up one package - I ordered two. One, the shirt was a medium, that's the one they sent. The other was an XL. That has yet to arrive (to answer theoriginalfuzz's post). This is not why I'm so angry.

I paid $300 each for these packages.

In the package, I received a DVD that I can get at Walmart for under $20. A t-shirt with the original logo that honestly, I could have made myself. Not worth more than ten bucks. A copy of Working Men, which I can get for under $15 retail. A set of guitar picks. Pretty cool, but I wouldn't pay much for them if I had to. A CD copy of the new single, what's that three dollars? Four? And the tourbook, which is... $25? I think? And the stupid fking poster. Seriously? It's the Fly By Night cover with logo, and it's small. I could have printed the damn thing out at Kinkos for a couple of bucks, this thing's barely worth the paper it's printed on.

Add it all up, it comes to under a hundred bucks worth of merch in my estimation. The tickets that are part of the package in no way are worth $200+ each. The VIP deal was TERRIBLE.

But even that isn't the whole reason I'm so pissed off. A major part of why I wanted this package was because of the way it was presented.

It was supposed to be a TOUR PACKAGE. For $300, they advertised a tourbook, the new single, an exclusive t-shirt (yeah, right), a poster and all that other stuff. They advertised it as if all the items were tour related. I bought into it thinking that I could go to the show and not have to lug around an armful of merch! The only goddamn thing I don't have to get at the show now is the tourbook! I still need a tour shirt and a tour poster - two items that were advertised as being part of the VIP package.

No, it was not explicitly stated that those tour items were part of the package, but when they talk about it being a tour package and they include the tourbook, it is reasonable to expect that the other items are tour related.

Couple all this with the fact that they botched the delivery for people who have already been to their shows (and they apparently have a problem with XL shirts)... I will never, ever buy a VIP package from these clowns again. I'm absolutely disgusted with the way this was handled, and I'll be sending emails to LiveNation, Ticketmaster, Fanfire, and Rush's management about it. I encourage everyone who is similarly dissatisfied to do the same.

My wife got hers today. Mine is still MIA (of course)

Here is what you get:

I did a close up of the pick set

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af286/aquila2112/photo-2.jpg

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af286/aquila2112/photo-1.jpg

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jul 27 2010, 07:56 PM)
I am FKING LIVID. I really don't know if I can describe just how pissed off I am at this travesty, but I'll try. Went down to the apartment office and picked up one package - I ordered two. One, the shirt was a medium, that's the one they sent. The other was an XL. That has yet to arrive (to answer theoriginalfuzz's post). This is not why I'm so angry.

I paid $300 each for these packages.

In the package, I received a DVD that I can get at Walmart for under $20. A t-shirt with the original logo that honestly, I could have made myself. Not worth more than ten bucks. A copy of Working Men, which I can get for under $15 retail. A set of guitar picks. Pretty cool, but I wouldn't pay much for them if I had to. A CD copy of the new single, what's that three dollars? Four? And the tourbook, which is... $25? I think? And the stupid fking poster. Seriously? It's the Fly By Night cover with logo, and it's small. I could have printed the damn thing out at Kinkos for a couple of bucks, this thing's barely worth the paper it's printed on.

Add it all up, it comes to under a hundred bucks worth of merch in my estimation. The tickets that are part of the package in no way are worth $200+ each. The VIP deal was TERRIBLE.

But even that isn't the whole reason I'm so pissed off. A major part of why I wanted this package was because of the way it was presented.

It was supposed to be a TOUR PACKAGE. For $300, they advertised a tourbook, the new single, an exclusive t-shirt (yeah, right), a poster and all that other stuff. They advertised it as if all the items were tour related. I bought into it thinking that I could go to the show and not have to lug around an armful of merch! The only goddamn thing I don't have to get at the show now is the tourbook! I still need a tour shirt and a tour poster - two items that were advertised as being part of the VIP package.

No, it was not explicitly stated that those tour items were part of the package, but when they talk about it being a tour package and they include the tourbook, it is reasonable to expect that the other items are tour related.

Couple all this with the fact that they botched the delivery for people who have already been to their shows (and they apparently have a problem with XL shirts)... I will never, ever buy a VIP package from these clowns again. I'm absolutely disgusted with the way this was handled, and I'll be sending emails to LiveNation, Ticketmaster, Fanfire, and Rush's management about it. I encourage everyone who is similarly dissatisfied to do the same.

I hope to someday receive something to complain about.

I have to say I'm pretty happy with all the items. I like the gray shirt - am glad it wasn't black, as I have enough black concert tees to last me a lifetime.

The FBN design is a favorite of both myself and my husband. Plus, it matches our bedroom color scheme. It will be matted and framed.

Didn't have Working Men. Probably wouldn't have bought it, but it's cool to have.

The CD of BU2B and Caravan - FINALLY I CAN LISTEN TO THESE SONGS LOUDLY IN THE CAR!!!

Tourbook - would have purchased anyway. Ditto the documentary. (Now, I'd have bought it on the actual release date. That is the ONE aspect that sort of pisses me off. I've waited a month to watch this).

The pick set is the one item I was sort of "meh" about originally, but it's really quite cool.

Would I do this again? I don't know. I got a terrific seat, which was the point. If that were the scenario next year, I MIGHT do it. Agree that it was very poorly thought out on someone's part.

I don't think it's Rush's fault, something obviously happened outside of their control but I feel confident that everyone who purchased a VIP package will be taken care of, no matter how long it takes. Plus, the t-shirt and FBN poster are not available anywhere else which makes them extra special collection items.

BTW, Does anybody have an idea as to how many VIP tickets were offered for each show? And how many total were actually sold? I was curious because one of the LE Fly By Night posters reads 444/3500.