What impressed me the most

lerxt1990

OK so up close I was to see this show. I very much enjoyed it. But sitting up close, or even watching on monitors, what continues to impress me is how these guys *care* about what theyre playing and how theyre playing. And what impressed me the most about the evening was.. Caravan. These guys, seasoned aging pros of hard rock from the 70s, went and out and played this hard edged, kick-ass song like no ones business. Young bucks, take note of how the old farts can take their chops and put them to work. F-ing wow. If this is the future of this band in the next few years, they are far, far from done. WOW. The look on their faces during this song said it all. Edited by lerxt1990

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jul 23 2010, 08:36 PM)
OK so up close I was to see this show. I very much enjoyed it. But sitting up close, or even watching on monitors, what continues to impress me is how these guys *care* about what theyre playing and how theyre playing. And what impressed me the most about the evening was.. Caravan. These guys, seasoned aging pros of hard rock from the 70s, went and out and played this hard edged, kick-ass song like no ones business. Young bucks, take note of how the old farts can take their chops and put them to work. F-ing wow. If this is the future of this band in the next few years, they are far, far from done. WOW. The look on their faces during this song said it all.

Amen to that. The other night in Camden you could just SEE it on their faces. Caravan as well as BU2B. The excitement was very visible during those two new songs and it showed. I was in amazement. wub.gif

QUOTE (Echoes @ Jul 23 2010, 09:06 PM)
OK so up close I was to see this show.  I very much enjoyed it.  But sitting up close, or even watching on monitors, what continues to impress me is how these guys *care* about what theyre playing and how theyre playing.  And what impressed me the most about the evening was.. Caravan.  These guys, seasoned aging pros of hard rock from the 70s, went and out and played this hard edged, kick-ass song like no ones business.  Young bucks, take note of how the old farts can take their chops and put them to work.  F-ing wow.  If this is the future of this band in the next few years, they are far, far from done.  WOW.  The look on their faces during this song said it all.

Amen to that. The other night in Camden you could just SEE it on their faces. Caravan as well as BU2B. The excitement was very visible during those two new songs and it showed. I was in amazement. wub.gif

Looking forward to hearing the new songs live....Aug 13th

I love both new tunes.

Another tour and album on the way!!!

35 plus years of touring NEW music.

RUSH brings their A game every night.

If this is the twilight of their career.....The light is very bright!!!!

trink39.gif Agreed! Caravan was fantastic live!! Looking foward to hearing it live again in less than a month. I was up close as well and I'm actually kinda pumped about sitting back a bit on my next visit for this tour. I know I missed a lot of 'the show' the first time. It'll be like experiencing a whole new gig! 653.gif Edited by bigalfan

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jul 23 2010, 07:36 PM)
OK so up close I was to see this show.  I very much enjoyed it.  But sitting up close, or even watching on monitors, what continues to impress me is how these guys *care* about what theyre playing and how theyre playing.  And what impressed me the most about the evening was.. Caravan.  These guys, seasoned aging pros of hard rock from the 70s, went and out and played this hard edged, kick-ass song like no ones business.  Young bucks, take note of how the old farts can take their chops and put them to work.  F-ing wow.  If this is the future of this band in the next few years, they are far, far from done.  WOW.  The look on their faces during this song said it all.

I agree they are frar from done, this is their lfe from childhood and anyone that thinks they will just walk away and retire needs to think again..

2.gif 1287.gif 2.gif 1287.gif 2.gif 1287.gif

Us old guys are not just going to lay down and quit, you young bucks take note and keep up... http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport033.gif

I can't wait for the new release either and my Red Rocks show. I missed a lot of viewing at ABQ that I plan on seeing at RR. I was dancing to much, this time I'll try and be a standing and watching. Dang that is hard to do, I like to ROCK!!

QUOTE (Shrek @ Jul 24 2010, 05:17 AM)
I love those two new tunes, they sounded great at the Camden show. I can't wait for the new record to come out!!

This only makes my wait even harder.

Oh and welcome to the forum.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Shrek @ Jul 24 2010, 06:17 AM)
I love those two new tunes, they sounded great at the Camden show. I can't wait for the new record to come out!!

Welcome!

I love your movies. yes.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 24 2010, 08:44 AM)
QUOTE (Shrek @ Jul 24 2010, 06:17 AM)
I love those two new tunes, they sounded great at the Camden show.  I can't wait for the new record to come out!!

Welcome!

I love your movies. yes.gif

Welcome x2!

Agreed.... yes.gif

Caravan and BU2B rocked big time at Camden. 1022.gif

They played them with such a high level of energy, despite the unbearable heat and humidity that night.

Since the Vapor Trails tour I get the feeling they go out and play like that particular show may be their last. Someone else on these boards said they mail nothing in and I agree. They give 100% and I appreciate that and count myself lucky to be able to see them every chance I get. biggrin.gif

2.gif rocks...

I'm going tonight to Jones Beach. The excitement level is through the roof right now and I'm at work and it's only 10:30 am lol. I am very much looking forward to seeing 'caravan' one of my favourite songs they have released lately. I am in awe of how they bring their 'A' game every night- that's a lot of driving, setup, playing etc. It must be very tiring. These cats love to jam though.

2.gif 1287.gif 2.gif 1287.gif 2.gif 1287.gif 2.gif 1287.gif

QUOTE (jacob's ladder @ Jul 24 2010, 10:37 AM)
I'm going tonight to Jones Beach. The excitement level is through the roof right now and I'm at work and it's only 10:30 am lol. I am very much looking forward to seeing 'caravan' one of my favourite songs they have released lately. I am in awe of how they bring their 'A' game every night- that's a lot of driving, setup, playing etc. It must be very tiring. These cats love to jam though.

2.gif 1287.gif 2.gif 1287.gif 2.gif 1287.gif 2.gif 1287.gif

the whole show is unreal. all of your excitement is completely justified. laugh.gif

OK so up close I was to see this show. I very much enjoyed it. But sitting up close, or even watching on monitors, what continues to impress me is how these guys *care* about what theyre playing and how theyre playing. And what impressed me the most about the evening was.. Caravan. These guys, seasoned aging pros of hard rock from the 70s, went and out and played this hard edged, kick-ass song like no ones business. Young bucks, take note of how the old farts can take their chops and put them to work. F-ing wow. If this is the future of this band in the next few years, they are far, far from done. WOW. The look on their faces during this song said it all.

They're monsters plain and simple yes.gif ....we're off to Jones Beach in 20 minutes courtesy of Slacker our tour guide.....NYC rules 2.gif

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Jul 24 2010, 03:55 PM)

They're monsters plain and simple yes.gif ....we're off to Jones Beach in 20 minutes courtesy of Slacker our tour guide.....NYC rules 2.gif

HAIL SLACKER!! 1022.gif 1287.gif 2.gif