Australian Pink Floyd

nebbish

I saw them a few years ago in Dublin. Great playing, but very little audience interaction (Just like the real thing, then).

I believe the lightshow now is much more spectacular. If I wasn't going to Jesus Christ Superstar in Derry on the same night, I'd go to the Odyssey myself.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Sep 4 2011, 08:53 PM)
I know someone who saw the show and she said it was really good. I don't think I'd spend $40 a ticket for a tribute band though.

WOW !! $40 wacko.gif

I've seen them on DVD and they're really good , but I gotta agree with you there.

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Sep 5 2011, 04:51 AM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Sep 4 2011, 08:53 PM)
I know someone who saw the show and she said it was really good. I don't think I'd spend $40 a ticket for a tribute band though.

WOW !! $40 wacko.gif

I've seen them on DVD and they're really good , but I gotta agree with you there.

Australian Floyd is worth every penny...and more!! I've seen them many times (7 or 8). The best Pink Floyd you're going to get (unless you got a chance to see RW do The Wall). Phenomenal show and exceptional musicians.

I'm going to see them again this year (Oct 21st in St. Louis) and I can't wait!!

There certainly not as good as, Peruvian Pink Floyd, but still pretty good. atickhum.gif

IMPORTANT NOTE: The Australian Pink Floyd that is touring this year is NOT the same Australian Pink Floyd band that has toured the last few years. The band split up, with much of the members joining Brit Floyd.

Check out the website here: Brit Floyd

QUOTE (Natch @ Sep 8 2011, 03:20 PM)
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Australian Pink Floyd that is touring this year is NOT the same Australian Pink Floyd band that has toured the last few years. The band split up, with much of the members joining Brit Floyd.

Holy crap! I wasn't aware of that. Well, I have tickets to the Aussie Floyd show, I'll report back if they are as good as the last lineup. Maybe we'll get lucky and have the Brit Floyd show come through here as well.

QUOTE (tjtull @ Sep 9 2011, 08:05 AM)
QUOTE (Natch @ Sep 8 2011, 03:20 PM)

Holy crap! I wasn't aware of that. Well, I have tickets to the Aussie Floyd show, I'll report back if they are as good as the last lineup. Maybe we'll get lucky and have the Brit Floyd show come through here as well.

I guess it's no wonder I was able to get such good seats at face value.

QUOTE (Natch @ Sep 8 2011, 01:20 PM)

Thanks for the heads up. I'm confused as to why they wouldn't keep their name though. At least on the website, it says that the entire touring personnel that did the 2009 and 2010 legs left. But why not just keep the same name? Am I missing something here? Or why did anyone leave at all if they all are still together? unsure.gif

QUOTE (sco703 @ Sep 12 2011, 06:09 PM)
QUOTE (Natch @ Sep 8 2011, 01:20 PM)

Thanks for the heads up. I'm confused as to why they wouldn't keep their name though. At least on the website, it says that the entire touring personnel that did the 2009 and 2010 legs left. But why not just keep the same name? Am I missing something here? Or why did anyone leave at all if they all are still together? unsure.gif

I had all the same questions myself, and didn't feel like wasting my time to find out. I'm sure it all comes down to one thing: Money (Pardon the pun tongue.gif )

I imagine it has to do with contracts and money. It is likely that the former members of TAPFS had no right to the band name.

I went to see Aussie Floyd last Friday night. This was my 8th or 9th time seeing the band and I must admit, the show was a step down from previous shows. However, on the whole, it's still an exceptional performance. Musically speaking, the band is very tight. The major differences between this version of Aussie Floyd and the previous version are the vocals. The main singers didn't sound quite as close to Gilmour/Waters as before.

Even with that, they still put on a superb show. If you haven't seen them before, you won't know the difference. Even if you have seen them before, they are worth seeing to get that Floyd fix.

Bottom line, I had a great time and the band sounded great. We had great seats and it was well worth the price we paid.

Great setlist as well:

Set 1

Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V)

Welcome to the Machine

Learning to Fly

Coming Back to Life

Arnold Layne

Dogs

One of These Days

Set 2

Speak to Me

Breathe