QUOTE (Huck @ Apr 8 2005, 06:08 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Apr 9 2005, 12:44 AM)
QUOTE (Huck @ Apr 8 2005, 05:37 PM)

See "Spirit Of Radio" 

Oh Yeah?

Sounds interesting. Who sings that?

Some Canadian band I think confused13.gif

You may of heard of them unsure.gif

Canada has hideously awful bands as a rule. Just look at Nickleback. I'd give them more that a f***ing nickle back I tell ya!

Can you send me that song? It must be good, eh?

You know what I think of Green Day? I think that they are faggotrosses. That's right. I have created the word faggotross just to describe those whiny losers.

You know what I think of American Idiot? I think that it is a compact disc pressed from human feces instead of plastic. Surprisingly, I have actually listened to the title track, and I suffered through the whole thing.

If you happen to love faggotrosses and listening to cd's that are made of crap, then you will definitely like this album. Hell, you would probably also like emo music and dressing up like an animal.

If you don't agree with me, who cares? This is my opinion, and I really don't care how you respond to it.

QUOTE (ikoul @ Apr 8 2005, 06:26 PM)
You know what I think of Green Day? I think that they are faggotrosses. That's right. I have created the word faggotross just to describe those whiny losers.

You know what I think of American Idiot? I think that it is a compact disc pressed from human feces instead of plastic. Surprisingly, I have actually listened to the title track, and I suffered through the whole thing.

If you happen to love faggotrosses and listening to cd's that are made of crap, then you will definitely like this album. Hell, you would probably also like emo music and dressing up like an animal.

If you don't agree with me, who cares? This is my opinion, and I really don't care how you respond to it.

Thanks.

My son and his friends are considered "emo".

Brilliantly open mind you have there.

QUOTE (ikoul @ Apr 8 2005, 04:26 PM)

Yet another case of "I've heard the single so I'm assuming the whole album is exactly like that." This needs to stop.

QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ Apr 8 2005, 11:20 AM)
Yes i myself have listened to that retched thing some people call an album. It BLOWS imo. I was reading in RS a few issues ago about how their so proud of themselves writing a what 9 min song!!! come on give me a god damn break. I was like where is the same praise for RUSH with having so many song well over 9 mins. come on give the boys some credit they have not been together for 30 years making 3-3:30 songs all their career. They had to work and no band today really has the stamana that RUSH did in the 70's. There will never be another RUSH EVER!! We better enjoy them while we can because there will never be another band that has the power and the stamana that RUSH does.
And for Green Day they can suck a fat one.

Nobody ever called them the "next Rush."

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Apr 8 2005, 06:41 PM)
It should also be noted that I despise emo and the culture that goes with it. Yet I love Green Day and American Idiot.

You may need to rethink your logic there.

Since my son is an "emo" I guess you despise him then? And me by extension?

Interesting.

I'm glad I've taught my boys to love ALL peeps. We're all different and that's the way it is.

I'm not entirely sure you understand "emo"? They are people to, just as you and I.

Easiest thing to do: Pass judgement.

QUOTE (dweezil @ Apr 8 2005, 07:57 PM)
It should also be noted that I despise emo and the culture that goes with it. Yet I love Green Day and American Idiot.

Interesting.

I'm glad I've taught my boys to love ALL peeps. We're all different and that's the way it is.

I'm not entirely sure you understand "emo"? They are people to, just as you and I.

You are taking these comments too personally. He said he dislikes emo music and the culture. Just because your son and his band of mindless emo friends, who undoubtably shop at the "Hot Topic" and drink coffee while feeling "angsty", like the emo crap-culture does not mean that they are bad people. They just like to sit around and cry. I say that is what I don't like.

For the record, men should not wear eye-liner.

QUOTE (ikoul @ Apr 8 2005, 05:28 PM)

Interesting.

You are taking these comments too personally. He said he dislikes emo music and the culture. Just because your son and his band of mindless emo friends, who undoubtably shop at the "Hot Topic" and drink coffee while feeling "angsty", like the emo crap-culture does not mean that they are bad people. They just like to sit around and cry. I say that is what I don't like.

Woah, woah, woah...let's not turn this into a flamefest here.

Dweez...it was nothing personal against your sons or you in any way. I was just saying that I dislike emo music and the subculture. And when I said subculture, I said "the subculture" not "the individual people who participate in the subculture."

And I only brought it up in the first place because Ikoul contended that if you like American Idiot, you must also like emo. I was pointing out that I HATE emo and yet I love American Idiot.

QUOTE (ikoul @ Apr 8 2005, 07:28 PM)

Interesting.

I guess you're better than them then.

I know my boys have a clue about reality. Whereas you don't.

QUOTE (dweezil @ Apr 8 2005, 09:06 PM)

Interesting.

I think you're the one who needs to examine the situation. You should have left the whole thing about your son out of those posts. Seriously. As for reality and the perception of it, to each his own. I know that I definitely see things differently than you do. Please take note that at the end of my first post I said that it was my opinion, and therefore not to be taken as fact.

I do have to say, though, that the insult about reality (if it was indeed one) was what I would describe as "petty".

QUOTE (ikoul @ Apr 8 2005, 09:33 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Apr 8 2005, 09:06 PM)

Interesting.

I think you're the one who needs to examine the situation. You should have left the whole thing about your son out of those posts. Seriously. As for reality and the perception of it, to each his own. I know that I definitely see things differently than you do. Please take note that at the end of my first post I said that it was my opinion, and therefore not to be taken as fact.

I do have to say, though, that the insult about reality (if it was indeed one) was what I would describe as "petty".

Well let's see.

You said you despise emo and their culture.

My son is emo.

Therefore you despise my son.

It's the same thing as saying you despise jew, black, native americans, whites etc. and their culture.

Obviously you have assigned emo's their own culture. So it's the same.

If I were emo would that make it more clear to you?

I think you despise them because you don't understand them. My son is just as much a good person as the next.

I'm not reading too much into it. How would you like it if your dad was a nudist and I said I despised nudist's and their culture?

Hey man. I don't hate you. I think you are immature in the fact that you would post that you despised a group and their culture on an open forum and then have the audacity to tell me that I'm taking it out of context.

The reality that I am referring to is having the wisdom to keep such thoughts to yourself instead of spreading hate.

Actually it was not me who said that I despise emo people. I just said that I did not agree with their whole...thing. Plus, you compare the Emo culture to different races. Last I checked, a race and a culture of whiny people are not the same thing. Also, you are right, I don't understand them. The sane do not understand the insane. Anyway, stop being such an ignoramus!

Ok...i think i may need to end this thread...really. All I wanted was a damn simple, "Yea, I like it, blah blah blah...", "Eh, it's ok...blah blah blah...", or "I dont really like it, blah blah blah", but this thread NOW has NOTHING to do with what I freakin TITLED the thread. Geez!!! mad.gif

-Matt

QUOTE (ikoul @ Apr 8 2005, 10:16 PM)
Actually it was not me who said that I despise emo people. I just said that I did not agree with their whole...thing. Plus, you compare the Emo culture to different races. Last I checked, a race and a culture of whiny people are not the same thing. Also, you are right, I don't understand them. The sane do not understand the insane. Anyway, stop being such an ignoramus!

Jesus loves you, but I'm having one f**k of a hard time right now brother.

Now you've slandered me as well as my son.

Thank you.

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Apr 8 2005, 08:20 PM)
Ok...i think i may need to end this thread...really. All I wanted was a damn simple, "Yea, I like it, blah blah blah...", "Eh, it's ok...blah blah blah...", or "I dont really like it, blah blah blah", but this thread NOW has NOTHING to do with what I freakin TITLED the thread. Geez!!! mad.gif

-Matt

Shit happens.

I hear ya Matt.....I only lurk on forums because fights ensue.

Being in a liberal arts college has atuned me to such cultural debate which is excellent sometimes, but when everything in life turns to that, it's too much.

And...I'll prolly get attacked for saying all that comp26.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Apr 8 2005, 01:14 PM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Apr 8 2005, 09:39 AM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Apr 7 2005, 05:54 PM)
QUOTE (yyz @ Apr 7 2005, 11:06 AM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Apr 7 2005, 02:01 PM)
I cannot stand Green Day. I have never liked their music. I think American Idiot is horrible. And yes PuppetKing2112, I HAVE listened to it.

You only listen to Rush, Led Zeppelin, Dio, and The Who....

With 99% of the emphasis on Rush and a combined 1% on the other bands.

yes.gif wink.gif

That's nothing to be proud of. It just means you're closed-minded.

No offense.

I'm never worried about it. I'm used to these comments by now. You seem to like to disagree with me on very many issues on TRF. confused13.gif

Archived