Random Setlist Idea *Spoiler

(I posted this as a spoiler as I assume it will become one on June 29th.)

I had this idea recently regarding the setlist, but I'm going to need someone's help on opening night. I really would like to know all of the songs Rush are playing this tour, but to retain at least a bit of excitement and surprise at the show I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to post it on this thread opening night but in a completely random/mixed up order so I won't know what they'll be playing from song to song. I found this to be a decent compromise. May sound dumb to some, but I assume that there are others who may find this to be a good idea as well. I don't wish to know the opener, where moving pictures is in the set, what opens the second set, or even what songs are encore songs. I just want the list of songs in random. I'd really appreciate it! 2.gif

That's not a bad idea really...I'm taking my son to his first show and would like to have him get familier with what songs are going to be played. This would be a way for me to get him the correct songs without knowing the order.

I'm sure someone will do it for you, but check out the setlist once in order....I am sure you'll forget the order once the concert hits....unless you have a photographic memory.

As long as no one pulls a jerk move and posts the correct in order setlist here I think this will work out alright. But I seriously don't think anyone would do that on here.

And yeah, I have a decent memory. I really don't want to know the opener and stuff like that, and I know I would definitely retain that knowledge after seeing it!

IM all for this myself for the same exact reasons. Bringing the kids and wife and am going to make a disc for them to "get with it".

Of course once the setlist gets issued I could mix up the songs to surprise them with the order. Doesn't much bother me to know everything I can about the show.

Edited by briremo

You know, its funny. When I go to see the symphony, the setlist is given to you in the program before the concert even starts. They even hype the gig (I know-wrong wording) by stating what they are going to play right up to the end of the concert. With a Rush concert, I almost feel cheated if I know the setlist beforehand. Interesting how perspective is.

ok...heres the setlist i put it in alphabetical order.

*spoilers*

bu2b

caravan

closer to the heart

drum solo

farcry

faithless

freewill

guitar solo

la villa strangiato

leave that thing alone

limelight

marathon

presto

red barchetta

stick it out

subdivisions

the camera eye

the spirit of radio

time stand still

tom sawyer

vital signs

witch hunt

working man

workin them angels

yyz

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Jun 28 2010, 06:23 PM)
THANK YOU! 
Has this list been confirmed? I hope so, this is one of the best ones I've seen!

nothing official til tomorrow,but i figured with everyone going crazy over it you might wanna know.

edit:youre welcome.

Edited by dethroned emperor