What Would Be The Toughest Song...

Tick

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 21 2010, 02:08 PM)
I will go with, No One At The Bridge. atickhum.gif

"scream out desperation, BUT!...."

Are you kidding me? It's gotta be "Temples"...Why else would they have to bring it down so far when they play it live? It's either that, or not play it at all...wacko.gif I understand the OP is referring to songs they haven't been playing, just sayin'... Edited by CygXanTor

I'd go with either "Cygnus X-1" or "Available Light."

QUOTE (moedrabowsky @ Jun 21 2010, 01:11 PM)
Cygnus X-1

"Every nerve is torn apart...."

I think that IS his highest recorded note, isn't it?

QUOTE (moedrabowsky @ Jun 21 2010, 04:17 PM)
QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Jun 21 2010, 04:00 PM)
Cygnus X-1

I read that somewhere, but can't remember where.

Yeah you're right, it's like a super high Bb or whatever... But I think "Something For Nothing" or "Hemispheres" would be tougher, just cause he sings high the ENTIRE song and not just one note like that Bb at the end of "Cygnus X-1"...

QUOTE (CygXanTor @ Jun 21 2010, 03:31 PM)
Are you kidding me? It's gotta be "Temples"...Why else would they have to bring it down so far when they play it live? It's either that, or not play it at all...wacko.gif I understand the OP is referring to songs they haven't been playing, just sayin'...

Do you sing? Cygnus X-1 is far more difficult to sing. There's not much in it, but its very high, and he doesnt falsetto it. Even with a falsetto he cant hit those notes now, not even remotely close. They would have to drop it far more than the ever did for Syrinx.

QUOTE (WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER @ Jun 21 2010, 03:58 PM)
I figure A Farewell To Kings might be the toughest to match the studio vocal ranges. The entire song is sang at a high octave.

The verses arent that high, and neither is the first part of the chorus, but the 2nd part, withered hearts line, is way too high for him to sing.

maybe not the whole song but The Fountain.

with lines like "hear the dancing waters, I must be drawing near...." tears throats up.

The "Now at last I fall before the fountain of lamneth..." is lower, but still kind of in the upper mid where it kind of pulls a bit.

The end is ok.... bah... its Rivendelly in range so it could be all delicate and he could pull it off.

QUOTE (Jake2112 @ Jun 21 2010, 04:27 PM)
QUOTE (moedrabowsky @ Jun 21 2010, 04:17 PM)
QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Jun 21 2010, 04:00 PM)
Cygnus X-1

I read that somewhere, but can't remember where.

Yeah you're right, it's like a super high Bb or whatever... But I think "Something For Nothing" or "Hemispheres" would be tougher, just cause he sings high the ENTIRE song and not just one note like that Bb at the end of "Cygnus X-1"...

A fair point. Given that, it would have to be Hemispheres simply for length.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 21 2010, 04:36 PM)
I figure A Farewell To Kings might be the toughest to match the studio vocal ranges. The entire song is sang at a high octave.

The verses arent that high, and neither is the first part of the chorus, but the 2nd part, withered hearts line, is way too high for him to sing.

Yeah, you're right...(that wasn't too hard to say)...

It's not as high pitch as I thought.

I just listened to it and thought damn maybe he could pull it off for the Time Machine but...

'BEATING down the multitudes....' and ... 'OOHHHH, Can't we raise....'

might be a tough sing.

QUOTE (WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER @ Jun 21 2010, 04:50 PM)

I just listened to it and thought damn maybe he could pull it off for the Time Machine but...

might be a tough sing.

And back then he sang that in full blast no falsetto fashion. Like he was in vocal levitation and looking and beaming down upon us. laugh.gif

QUOTE (WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER @ Jun 21 2010, 04:50 PM)

might be a tough sing.

Yeah I think he could with the verses and first part of chorus, but that 2nd part wouldbe rough. He's either have to just sing that lower, or drop the tune of the whole song.

Ive always felt that this is a good, short song for a new rush tour that I think he could pull off most of it.

Its really just that withered hearts line, and the multitude part, the rest if doable.

Edited by trenken