Wimbledon

PhilCastro

I don't see Roddick winning it, he's had three final appearances and never quite made it. I can see him making the semi/quarters but that's it, might even have an early exit.

if Fed doesn't win then Nadal will...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 21 2010, 04:40 PM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Jun 21 2010, 11:53 AM)
Go Andy Roddick! biggrin.gif

Fed had to go to 5 sets this morning too!

This has been a great opening round so far yes.gif

It was afternoon at Wimbledon too...

Well it was morning for me laugh.gif

Sorry, i should just leave the tennis threads to you... but you were late on this one

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Jun 21 2010, 10:35 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 21 2010, 04:40 PM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Jun 21 2010, 11:53 AM)
Go Andy Roddick! biggrin.gif

Fed had to go to 5 sets this morning too!

This has been a great opening round so far yes.gif

It was afternoon at Wimbledon too...

Well it was morning for me laugh.gif

Sorry, i should just leave the tennis threads to you... but you were late on this one

Oh I couldn't be bothered this time...no one reads em!

laugh.gif

Watch out for Querry and Fish and also Genepri they're all on form. Fish may meet Roddick in round 4...

QUOTE (Running Rebel @ Jun 23 2010, 12:52 PM)
Longest match in history going on right now almost 7 hours..

this is amazing laugh.gif

I don't understand how they are still on their feet!

10 hours. ohmy.gif

And they'll wait for day 3. 59-59 and they'll resume tomorrow.

BY FAR the longest tennis match ever played anywhere in the world.

And it will continue tomorrow...... wtf.gif

Edited by Rush Cocky

I have heard that some people are proposing changing the rules and adding a 5th set tiebreaker rule because of this outrageously long match.

My question is WHY? My understanding is that this is the first time since 1877 that two have gone on like this. You don't make rules because of one instance. You stand up and applaud like the fans there did. You appreciate the effort. Let television take a flying leap. People who like tennis may get some popcorn or soda during the changeovers but PLEASE don't make a new rule so we can keep on schedule. Hats off to both. And especially hats off to Mahut for not giving up on those 4 match points and saying "I have had enough". We are talking true grit here. We are talking something that doesn't happened but once in a hundred and thirty three years. I am guessing tomorrow will be a short one and I am guessing the winner loses in the 2nd round. But right now? I pay tribute! applaudit.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 23 2010, 05:00 PM)
I have heard that some people are proposing changing the rules and adding a 5th set tiebreaker rule because of this outrageously long match.

My question is WHY? My understanding is that this is the first time since 1877 that two have gone on like this. You don't make rules because of one instance. You stand up and applaud like the fans there did. You appreciate the effort. Let television take a flying leap. People who like tennis may get some popcorn or soda during the changeovers but PLEASE don't make a new rule so we can keep on schedule. Hats off to both. And especially hats off to Mahut for not giving up on those 4 match points and saying "I have had enough". We are talking true grit here. We are talking something that doesn't happened but once in a hundred and thirty three years. I am guessing tomorrow will be a short one and I am guessing the winner loses in the 2nd round. But right now? I pay tribute! applaudit.gif

goodpost.gif Sucks either have to loose.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Jun 23 2010, 05:44 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 23 2010, 05:00 PM)

My question is WHY?  My understanding is that this is the first time since 1877 that two have gone on like this.  You don't make rules because of one instance.  You stand up and applaud like the fans there did.  You appreciate the effort.  Let television take a flying leap.  People who like tennis may get some popcorn or soda during the changeovers but PLEASE don't make a new rule so we can keep on schedule.  Hats off to both.  And especially hats off to Mahut for not giving up on those 4 match points and saying "I have had enough".  We are talking true grit here.  We are talking something that doesn't happened but once in a hundred and thirty three years.  I am guessing tomorrow will be a short one and I am guessing the winner loses in the 2nd round.  But right now? I pay tribute! applaudit.gif

goodpost.gif Sucks either have to loose.

Fu ck tie-breakers, I want another 59-59 finish next year!

1287.gif

Of course whoever wins will be ruined for the tournament, they've played 10 hours of tennis and they're going to be still in round one on the first thursday.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 23 2010, 04:08 PM)
10 hours. ohmy.gif

And they'll wait for day 3. 59-59 and they'll resume tomorrow.

BY FAR the longest tennis match ever played anywhere in the world.

And it will continue tomorrow...... wtf.gif

Not only is it the longest tennis match ever played, but it is the longest sporting event (game) as well....I believe that was quoted on ESPN during the match.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 23 2010, 06:00 PM)

Agree. This probably will never happen again, and if it does, we surely will not be around to witness it.

I don't follow tennis as closely as I used to, but I have never heard of either of these two guys. So that fact alone makes me smile and shows they are tremendous athletes with an unmatched desire. Sure, Fed would have killed it off by now but what's the fun in that? I have not see any part of this epic match but I sure love hearing about it and that neither will give in. That's awesome.

Whoever does lose has NOTHING to be ashamed of!

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 22 2010, 05:39 AM)
I don't see Roddick winning it, he's had three final appearances and never quite made it. I can see him making the semi/quarters but that's it, might even have an early exit.

if Fed doesn't win then Nadal will...

Why the hell do people like Roddick?! Outside of a massive serve, he doesn't have much going on honestly. Sure, he plays hard but he often doesn't come through with the goods. His serve alone can get him deep in the tourney but you can't be a 1 dimensional player and win Wimbledon or the French. I was shocked when he went all the way with Fed last year but can't imagine him duplicating that amazing effort (but yet again, not coming through).

Yeah as usual, it's hard to bet against Fed here.

As much as I loathe Hewitt, it is pretty fun to watch that gritty asshole play his heart out