"Rock 'N' Roll High School" V. "Detroit Rock City"

RUSHHEAD666

Which Classic Rock 'N' Roll Movie Do You Love The Most?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which Classic Rock 'N' Roll Movie Do You Love The Most?

• "Rock 'N Roll High School"
    • "Detroit Rock City"
    • Neither, I prefer "Dazed And Confused!"
    • None Of The Above! It's All About "The Rocky Horror Picture Show!"

Guys! "Rock 'N' Roll High School" is finally out on Blu-Ray so Wendy and I watched it tonight.

The transfer is magnificent but beyond that this movie is still incredible and will withstand the test of time.

Just like "Detroit Rock City" in my opinion.

If you watch "Rock 'N' Roll High School" and "Detroit Rock City" back to back you can see that there are some very interesting similarities.

I had to include the great "Dazed And Confused" movie as well even though this thread has nothing to do with that brilliant film.

Did you know that Alice Cooper's "School's Out" is in "Rock 'N' Roll High School" and "Dazed And Confused?"

I was hoping that "School's Out" was also in "Detroit Rock City" but it isn't, however the song "School Days" is in the film.

I know this is the Video Vertigo section but man The Ramones kicked ASS!!!

Great fukkin' band. Great fukkin' movie. P.J. Soles is awesome. I still like her in "Halloween" better!

Isn't P.J. in "Stripes" too?

I honestly don't know which flick to choose.

I know I won't vote for "The Rocky Horror Picture Show." As great as it is to the world I never got into it.

Love,

Planet Schmanet Janet

Dammit Janet!!!

I voted for Rocky Horror... I used to be in the cast at the Bloor Cinema downtown. We preformed it every last Friday of the month. I know that entire movie word for word, all the songs.. most of the call backs and THE TIME WARP!!!

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 7 2010, 12:57 PM)
Dammit Janet!!!

I voted for Rocky Horror... I used to be in the cast at the Bloor Cinema downtown. We preformed it every last Friday of the month. I know that entire movie word for word, all the songs.. most of the call backs and THE TIME WARP!!!

That's cool! I must admit that I have seen the Rock Horror Picture Show on dvd, but I am a Rocky Horror Picture Show Virgin when it comes to seeing in the theater with all of the live production.

Maybe that's why I never going into "The Time Warp."

Never really got into the movie at all.

confused13.gif

Dazed and Confused. But now that song Rock n Roll high School is going through my head.

Thanks wacko.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 7 2010, 05:59 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 7 2010, 08:53 PM)
I've only seen The Rocky Horror Picture Show.  Yes, it was in a movie theater, the midnight show.  It sucked.

goodpost.gif

Hey guys! Guess it's safe to say that I haven't missed much then.

Signed,

"Little Shop Of Horrors" wink.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 7 2010, 06:00 PM)
dazed and confused.

I did vote for "Detroit Rock City" but don't get me wrong I think "Dazed And Confused" is one of the best movies ever made.

Do you have the Criterion version of the film? IT ROCKS!!

Still don't know why this movie isn't on Blu-Ray yet.

Same with "Detroit Rock City!" WTF????

QUOTE (VarianStar @ Jun 8 2010, 08:58 AM)
Rocky Horror gets my vote although I do prefer its sequel. A much better movie, but it never caught on like RHPS.

You have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME?!!!!!!!

Shock Treatment is HORRIBLE!!!!! Half the cast isn't even in it.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 8 2010, 11:15 AM)
QUOTE (VarianStar @ Jun 8 2010, 08:58 AM)
Rocky Horror gets my vote although I do prefer its sequel.  A much better movie, but it never caught on like RHPS.

You have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME?!!!!!!!

Shock Treatment is HORRIBLE!!!!! Half the cast isn't even in it.

no.gif Not kidding! biggrin.gif

How can you not love it?? Yes some of the original cast were not in it, but you still had a good number returning. The music was outstanding. Plus, it basically predicted what "reality tv" would be in the future.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 7 2010, 06:59 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 7 2010, 08:53 PM)
I've only seen The Rocky Horror Picture Show.  Yes, it was in a movie theater, the midnight show.  It sucked.

goodpost.gif

goodpost.gif

One of the WORST movies I've ever seen.......absolute crap.

Detroit Rock City... the movie reminded me of me and a group of my friends back then. I remember purposely arc-ing two wires for fun in electronics class. Hell, I even had a similar flannel shirt and crappy mop haircut. Just bump up the year 1978 a couple and replace Kiss with the Scorpions... that was me and my buddies in high school.