If presto Were Represented

losingit2k

What song should represent Presto?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. What song should represent Presto?

• Show Don't Tell
    • Chain Lightning
    • The Pass
    • War Paint
    • Scars
    • Presto
    • Superconductor
    • Anagram (for Mongo)
    • Red Tide
    • Hand Over Fist
    • Available Light

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ May 29 2010, 07:35 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ May 28 2010, 05:19 PM)
I think "War Paint" and "Presto" are my top two songs that I'd like to hear live. I'd also like to hear "Show Don't Tell", "Chain Lightning", "The Pass", "Scars", or "Available Light".

Yes! Good call on 'War Paint' Xanadu93! What about the song do you like when its played live? I'm assuming you've checked it out on YouTube or something....

I've actually got a copy of that Mountain View show on DVD. I think part of what makes it great live is how it sounds "free", whereas on the record it sounds restrained. That, and the ending (the 'boys and girls' section) gives me chills, though I don't know why.

Presto gave me hope that this band still knew how to rock. I was getting a little worried after Hold Your Fire.

The Pass, Scars, Hand Over Fist, Available Light, Presto, Show Don't Tell are all good. I didn't hate any of them.

Roll The Bones had some nice parts: Bravado, Where's My Thing and a funky sounding RTB.

Counterparts: They headed back in the right direction for my personal taste.

Beyond a doubt, HYF disappointed me more than any other Rush release. I liked Force 10, Time Stand Still, Tai Shan and High Water. The rest of HYF, you can keep.

QUOTE (anchorman @ May 31 2010, 12:21 AM)
Beyond a doubt, HYF disappointed me more than any other Rush release. I liked Force 10, Time Stand Still, Tai Shan and High Water. The rest of HYF, you can keep.

laugh.gif

To be perfectly honest with you, I LOVE HYF...but what really makes me laugh is that if people asked me what my favourite parts of HYF are, I would tell them tracks 3-8...which evidently is the exact opposite of what you wrote.

Crazy stuff! trink38.gif

QUOTE (anchorman @ May 30 2010, 01:32 PM)
I'm a little surprised I was the only one who voted for Hand Over Fist. I like the song a lot.

'You talk as we walk along, I never imagined I could be so worng. Humming your favorite song, you know I've hated that song for so long ! How can we ever agree ? Like the rest of the world we grow farther apart.."

Great stuff.

I get to agree with you here though...I actually really enjoy this song alot. Also, that line that you mentioned is my favourite one in HOF. Indeed...great stuff. trink39.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 31 2010, 12:12 AM)
QUOTE (anchorman @ May 31 2010, 12:21 AM)
Beyond a doubt, HYF disappointed me more than any other Rush release.  I liked Force 10, Time Stand Still, Tai Shan and High Water.  The rest of HYF, you can keep.

laugh.gif

To be perfectly honest with you, I LOVE HYF...but what really makes me laugh is that if people asked me what my favourite parts of HYF are, I would tell them tracks 3-8...which evidently is the exact opposite of what you wrote.

Crazy stuff! trink38.gif

Too funny. That's why I really enjoy Rush. The same CD that I dislike the most may be someone's favorite. In fact, it may be the CD that got them to listen to Rush in the first place.

That's why they have lasted so long and been so successful. They never lose fans but they sure as heck pick up new ones every time out.

The Pass

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ May 27 2010, 11:14 AM)
they shouldn't play anything from presto because it sucks

That made me laugh. I will have to agree because Presto is my least fave Rush album.

I can't vote for any of the choices. My write in vote will be:

-Time to take a piss and grab a beer

"Presto" is probably my 2nd Favorite Rush album (after Signals), so of course I'd be thrilled to hear ANYTHING from it.

But if I had my preferences...

1. Presto

2. War Paint

3. Hand Over Fist

4. Scars

5. The Pass

6. Red Tide

But again - I'd be thrilled if they play ANYTHING from this album! 2.gif