Old Fart Request

lerxt1990

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 25 2010, 05:06 PM)
Used to love that song ending the show. Youve seen my posts here before.. Id love to see it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsZtsaAW6sc&feature=related

Yeah...that would be great! They haven't done that forever! 1022.gif

Damn skippy. One of those where they always look like it's such a complete blast to perform.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 25 2010, 05:15 PM)
Damn skippy. One of those where they always look like it's such a complete blast to perform.

Well in the Time Machine spirit, how about ending like they used ot end for years. And the lights, and us all clapping together, that was fun smile.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 25 2010, 06:16 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 25 2010, 05:15 PM)
Damn skippy.  One of those where they always look like it's such a complete blast to perform.

Well in the Time Machine spirit, how about ending like they used ot end for years. And the lights, and us all clapping together, that was fun smile.gif

Good call applaudit.gif

I'd love it if they would close the show with that one again.

edit: by agreeing with this am I automatically an old fart?

Edited by Snowdog

Agreed that it should be brought back. It is (I'm pretty sure) the song that's been played the most live in their career. The song isn't that great but it certainly belongs as part of their live set.

Yeah I didnt love when they ended the shows with the standard issue rock show medley. I was happy when they stopped that.

I get why they did it though, it was a high energy way to end a show, but I just wasnt into it.

I would love to hear it come back!

In college, ITM was one of the only Rush songs my roommate liked. He had really bad taste in music himself. Billy Joel was about the only thing we could agree on. That said, the stereo was mine, so it was rarely an issue laugh.gif . We had an agreement - he could listen to his music in exchange for helping me with math. Lets just say I eventually dropped calculus and made it up during the summer session. biggrin.gif I played In the Mood a lot, though - I had to live with the guy after all...

Sure, it's a "dumb" song, but who cares? It's probably the best closer they've ever used. Beats the hell out of "YYZ". The only song that came close IMO is "Working Man".

I used to love that ending. Somewhere I have one of those HYF balloons. They had Rush printed on them the same way it was on the HYF album. November 87-Utica, NY...23 years ago! Damn!

Its not about the song: its obviously not Shakespeare and its not Xanadu, its energetic, fun, and tongue-in-cheek in a way. They played it so long thusly, and for nostalgia's sake. I'd love to hear it again, and break out a cowbell.