From Scotland for Rush

lyndale2112

For the DC stop: cheaper but nice accommodations will be found in Manassas, VA. Look for something near the Battlefield Drive exit off I-66. Will give relatively easy access to both the city and the venue via I-66.

Good luck!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Ron2112 @ May 12 2010, 02:57 PM)
For the DC stop: cheaper but nice accommodations will be found in Manassas, VA. Look for something near the Battlefield Drive exit off I-66. Will give relatively easy access to both the city and the venue via I-66.

Good luck!

Booked up in to the Hampton Hotel at Dulles airport. Mainly because they have a picture of Rush on stage at the Jiffy Lube on the opening page of their website. Got a decent price, i think. We'll probably get a cab to and from the venue. Cant wait!

Thank to all who have helped with our adventure so far.

trink39.gif Thanks to all who gave advice etc on our fast approaching trip across the pond. Everything all booked up now. Rented a houseboat in Boston for a couple of nights,worked out cheaper than a hotel in the same area. Something different eh? Guess we'll just have to wait now, and save some spending money of course.

We're really looking forward to meeting up with fellow fans in both Boston and Washington. So if you see 6 (possibly tartan kilted) guys enjoying a wee dram or two be sure to make yourself known. We wont bite, biggrin.gif honest.

Thanks again for the advice and help over the past few weeks.

See you all in September. 2.gif

QUOTE (lyndale2112 @ Jun 12 2010, 03:40 PM)
trink39.gif Thanks to all who gave advice etc on our fast approaching trip across the pond. Everything all booked up now. Rented a houseboat in Boston for a couple of nights,worked out cheaper than a hotel in the same area. Something different eh? Guess we'll just have to wait now, and save some spending money of course.

We're really looking forward to meeting up with fellow fans in both Boston and Washington. So if you see 6 (possibly tartan kilted) guys enjoying a wee dram or two be sure to make yourself known. We wont bite, biggrin.gif honest.

Thanks again for the advice and help over the past few weeks.

See you all in September. 2.gif

trink39.gif

Keep checking the Washington DC thread in the Time Machine Hot Tubs section for details for our tailgate. I guess we'll get organized a couple weeks before the show.

Really looking forward to the tailgate thing. Not something that happens here in the UK. Especially not here in Scotland. Think the weather has a lot to do with it. sad.gif Whats the deal with the tailgate? Do we just turn up in the parking lot with beers and join in the fun? Are we allowed to take beer etc into the venues at Boston and Washington?

Thought we'd got everything figured out, but it looks like we got a lot more little things to get advice on. haha! Part of the adventure i guess.

The point of the journey is not to arrive. 2.gif

QUOTE (lyndale2112 @ Jun 14 2010, 11:44 PM)
Really looking forward to the tailgate thing. Not something that happens here in the UK. Especially not here in Scotland. Think the weather has a lot to do with it. sad.gif  Whats the deal with the tailgate? Do we just turn up in the parking lot with beers and join in the fun? Are we allowed to take beer etc into the venues at Boston and Washington?
Thought we'd got everything figured out, but it looks like we got a lot more little things to get advice on. haha! Part of the adventure i guess.

we won't be tailgating in Boston, as it's an indoor venue in the middle of the city. We'll be meeting at a pub/restaurant a little bit away from the venue (The Black Rose, 160 State Street, Boston) for supper (for those who want to eat there) and drinks before the show. Keep tabs on the Time Machine Hot Tub Thread as the show gets closer for the meetup time, etc. I will probably need to get a final headcount beforehand so that I can make a reservation. Also there's a group page on Facebook as well: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/eve...08513558&ref=ts

Edited by LakesideMaiden

QUOTE (lyndale2112 @ Jun 14 2010, 10:44 PM)
Really looking forward to the tailgate thing. Not something that happens here in the UK. Especially not here in Scotland. Think the weather has a lot to do with it. sad.gif Whats the deal with the tailgate? Do we just turn up in the parking lot with beers and join in the fun? Are we allowed to take beer etc into the venues at Boston and Washington?

For Washington:

I feel sorry for you folks that you aren't tailgating experienced. Tailgating can be an art form. I think it is why football (american) is so popular. People hanging out for hours before the event with great food, friends, and typically large quantities of alcohol.

The last two S&A tours for the forum tailgate: we met at a grocery store parking lot about 30 minutes before the gates opened which is about 5 minutes from the venue. That way people could buy snacks, drinks, food, etc.... (there's a liquor store there also**). Once everyone was accounted for (GeddysMullet: we weren't gonna leave you) we then caravaned to the arena so we could all park together. We then had two hours to grill out, share food, share drinks, play some guitar. You can see some pictures of the tailgates in the Washington thread in the Time Machine Hot Tube section.

So yes, you do want to bring beer to the parking lot. You are not supposed to be drinking, but if you keep it in a plastic cup you most likely won't get hassled. There is NO WAY they will let you bring beer into the venue itself. I've snuck airplane bottles of liquor in without any issues (I've also had them confiscated, but that is rare).

**Not sure if you are aware but alcohol laws differ from state to state. Some states you can buy beer, wine, and liquor just about anywhere. Some states you can buy beer and wine in grocery stores/convenience stores but have to go to different stores to buy liquor (Virginia for instance). Some states you have to go to liquor stores to buy any alcohol.

I'll be missing the tailgate crew since I've moved south. All you forum folk going to the DC area show really should include yourself. It's a great crew to hang with before the show so don't be shy. smile.gif

QUOTE (Joshua @ Jun 15 2010, 10:01 PM)
I'll be missing the tailgate crew since I've moved south. All you forum folk going to the DC area show really should include yourself. It's a great crew to hang with before the show so don't be shy. smile.gif

Sorry we'll miss you. I'll be sure to have one trink39.gif for you.

I'm going from Brazil to the Boston gig!

2.gif will finally play again in Brazil in october but I'll not be here at the date! fists crying.gif

So, since I'll be near Boston in september that's a good opportunity to go to the show.

I'm looking for a place to stay (I'm thinking about the Buckminster hotel which is reasonably cheap and near the T) and what to see in Boston as I will stay for 3 nights.