What is Will Call?

Shirley

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Apr 14 2010, 07:06 PM)
You order a ticket now and they hold it at "Will Call" until you pick it up at the time of the show..

They don't send them out in the mail?

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Apr 14 2010, 01:06 PM)
You order a ticket now and they hold it at "Will Call" until you pick it up at the time of the show..

yes.gif you make that choice at check out for TM. I go for standard mail delivery.

Ticketmaster only offered will call... I have a problem now. My mum is buying me a ticket using her card... she isn't going to be there at the show with me. How f***ing stupid.

QUOTE (ADesignForRush @ Apr 14 2010, 02:27 PM)
Ticketmaster only offered will call... I have a problem now. My mum is buying me a ticket using her card... she isn't going to be there at the show with me. How f***ing stupid.

That might be a problem. It really depends on that particular box office. Sometimes, you just show them ID and so long as the name is right, you get in. Others will make you show them the actual credit card used for purchase. For what it's worth, most places will allow you to call and let someone else pick them up, so long as you call in advance. Just have her call and say you'll be picking them up.

QUOTE (ADesignForRush @ Apr 14 2010, 01:27 PM)

I know she's coming to North America with you, so have her come with you to the show just to pick up the tickets. Then she can split. tongue.gif If she put your name on the ticket purchase and used her credit card and you show ID for your name to pick up the tickets then there shouldnt be a problem. If she put her name on the tickets then you might have issues.

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Apr 14 2010, 01:30 PM)

That might be a problem. It really depends on that particular box office. Sometimes, you just show them ID and so long as the name is right, you get in. Others will make you show them the actual credit card used for purchase. For what it's worth, most places will allow you to call and let someone else pick them up, so long as you call in advance. Just have her call and say you'll be picking them up.

yeah, get on that ASAP. Typically you can pick up a will call ticket during regular box office hours and not just before the show. you need to have the card present in my experience. i guess your problem is because you are in the UK?

For International Orders Only - Tickets held at Will Call can only be retrieved by the cardholder with original credit card of purchase and a valid photo ID with signature such as a government issued ID, driver's license or passport.

sad.gif

Surely you'll have some proof of payment, and you'll need to show ID to pick up the ticket. I wouldn't think much more would be needed? confused13.gif

QUOTE (ADesignForRush @ Apr 14 2010, 01:41 PM)
  For International Orders Only - Tickets held at Will Call can only be retrieved by the cardholder with original credit card of purchase and a valid photo ID with signature such as a government issued ID, driver's license or passport.

sad.gif

yikes. i have to imagine if you call and plead your case they will ship them to you for an additional fee. i hope you can work this out. good luck.

I iinitially selected Will Call (it was only option given which was stupid) but I called Ticketmaster Customer Service and requested that they mail them instead and they changed it no problem. Probably have to pay for shipping though.

Edited by Test4VitalSigns

Dang, now you have to hope the Icelandic volcano quiets down -I saw where the ash clouds are seriously disrupting air travel. ohmy.gif

Or book a cruise and get here that way. . .

I will receive paper tickets from music today but for Red Rocks the first 10 rows or so you must go to the box office to get the "real" tickets.

I think this is their way of trying to thwart scalpers.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Apr 15 2010, 03:22 PM)

I will receive paper tickets from music today but for Red Rocks the first 10 rows or so you must go to the box office to get the "real" tickets.
I think this is their way of trying to thwart scalpers.

Exactly - there are ads for VIP tix all over saying "meet night of show"...

z7shysterical.gif