I CAN believe it's not butter. . .

Mara

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 7 2010, 01:27 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jan 7 2010, 10:20 AM)
I use real, unsalted butter for baking and cooking.  We use an organic vegan spread for toast, etc.  It's very good.

I think I know which spread you use. I use a spread like that. No hydrogenated oils. wink.gif

Is this an administrators secret brand or can you share the brand name with the lowly peasants ? notworthy.gif

atickhum.gif

Edited by tick

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 7 2010, 11:36 AM)
I use real, unsalted butter for baking and cooking.  We use an organic vegan spread for toast, etc.  It's very good.

I think I know which spread you use. I use a spread like that. No hydrogenated oils. wink.gif

Is this an administrators secret brand or can you share the brand name with the lowly peasants ? notworthy.gif

atickhum.gif

I use:

http://www.bbphi.com/Images/ScreenHunter_137.jpg

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jan 7 2010, 01:40 PM)

atickhum.gif

I use:

Wow, its certified, that must cost extra ! ohmy.gif wink.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 7 2010, 11:42 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jan 7 2010, 01:40 PM)

atickhum.gif

I use:

Wow, its certified, that must cost extra ! ohmy.gif wink.gif

Not really. I'd be too poor to buy it if it was.

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 7 2010, 09:05 AM)
You had better think of your health and eat it ! If not, you will be riding one of those carts at the supermarket any day now ! angry.gif

tongue.gif

We actually use Country Crock a lot in my house. Is it actually good ? meh, it serves its purpose. We always have butter in the house for stuff where butter is mandatory like say a baked potato.

In all seriousness though, they make that spray butter stuff. Its non fat and works very well on veggies or corn on the cob.
http://i42.tinypic.com/i70jzt.jpg
0 calories 0 transfat, and its fine when used on certain things.

Anyone who approaches my plate with this stuff will find it used against them in the manner of pepper spray.

Really, I don't use a lot of butter (though I did recently make a cake that had almost 2 lbs. of butter once you figured in the frosting). Real butter is what makes your cookies soft and chewy, and a good herbed butter is wonderful when you are grilling a top shelf piece of steak.

I don't butter bread and can do without on pretty much all pastry. I had biscuits last night, though, and that's where I encountered ICBINB. Ruined a perfectly good biscuit.

Baked potatoes? I like Heinz 57, barbecue sauce, salsa - all kinds of things other than butter on my spuds.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jan 7 2010, 12:40 PM)

atickhum.gif

I use:

I use either that one or this one:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/ebalance.jpg

You should be able to find one or both of those in your regular food market. Both taste better and have more of a firm buttery texture than most of the mainstream regular margarines.

And neither has hydrogenated oils, which is important to anyone looking to eat healthier and wants to avoid butter. Health-wise, margarines WITH hydrogenated oils are worse than butter -- you're better off eating butter.

I should add, we have a big damn vat of that garbage taking up room in the fridge. Because of course hubby didn't like it either. I'm returning it - it wasn't cheap.

Whoever referred to Country Crock of Shit earlier - laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif . I've always called it that; my sister and I used to giggle every time we heard the name. Those ads with the hands were annoying as hell.

A funny story.

When I first met my wife, she made me a meal while we were dating one night, and the canned corn tasted outrageous !

I asked her, "why does this corn tastes so good?" She had a puzzled look on her face. She said "I don't know ?"

I said, "what did you put in it ?"

She answered, "just a stick of butter, that's what my mom always did."

I looked at her... ohmy.gif "a whole stick of butter is a can of corn ? no wonder it tastes so good !"

I still pick on her about that 15 years later. rofl3.gif

so if you want your canned corn to taste really good....

laugh.gif

I knew someone who ATE a stick of butter by itself, on a dare.

all the skinny ladies at my work freak when they come across a recipie with a lot of butter in it. They forget they're eating only a small portion of the entire batch of cookies, cake, whatever. wacko.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jan 7 2010, 03:13 PM)
all the skinny ladies at my work freak when they come across a recipie with a lot of butter in it. They forget they're eating only a small portion of the entire batch of cookies, cake, whatever. wacko.gif

What do skinny ladies know anyway ? They need to eat a pack of Yodels to get there head screwed on straight.

QUOTE (ozzy85 @ Jan 6 2010, 11:18 PM)
Then there's Country Crock (of shiite.) Fake butter is evil.

My 12 year old daughter is taking a nutrition course in school right now and she learned that margarine is actually black and then they change the color? Also Zoe told us that this fake shit contains plastic particles in it. WTF? Is this true?

Butter is the only way, but since being in the olive oil business we put olive oil on everything and it's very tasty and good for you.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jan 7 2010, 02:18 AM)
You Americans are pretty fussy when it comes to food aren't you?

It's got to be right coffee, bacon, butter, whatever.....

As long as I don't have to stab it to death on my plate i really don't give a shit laugh.gif

applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif z7shysterical.gif