Bonds hints he might miss season

Test4VitalSigns

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 08:46 PM)
I hope his knee gets better and he comes back and hits 56 home runs between this year and next. That would rock. http://www.ericwithac.de/site/images/myDiary/Playing%20Heart-Ball%202002/Barry%20Bonds%20hits%20HR%20600.jpg

It would be a disgrace to the game, after all that Hank Aaron went through.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope his knee gets better and he comes back and hits 56 home runs between this year and next. That would rock. http://www.ericwithac.de/site/images/myDiary/Playing%20Heart-Ball%202002/Barry%20Bonds%20hits%20HR%20600.jpg

I hope we see this:

ALL-TIME HOME RUN LEADERS

Player________HR__

Barry Bonds.........756*

Henry Aaron.........755

Babe Ruth............714

*Validity of all home runs cannot be confirmed due to performance-enhancing steroid use

QUOTE (anagramking @ Mar 24 2005, 08:48 PM)

Exactly. Hank endured years of racist abuse and death threats. But Bonds puts fannies in the seats so I guess integrity counts for nothing....It makes it all right,hunky dory. Yeah I'm jealous sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 24 2005, 09:05 PM)

Exactly. Hank endured years of racist abuse and death threats. But Bonds puts fannies in the seats so I guess integrity counts for nothing....It makes it all right,hunky dory. Yeah I'm jealous sarcasm.gif

See, wasn't that hard was it?

Bonds also went through racial abuse, and now that you mentioned it, he had some death threats also. Jealousy sucks, I need a bumper sticker that says that. rofl3.gif

I have a serious question.

How long have steroids been against the rules in baseball?

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 09:28 PM)

Bonds also went through racial abuse, and now that you mentioned it, he had some death threats also. Jealousy sucks, I need a bumper sticker that says that. rofl3.gif

Few went through what Aaron went through to get a record. I haven't heard much about any death threats or racial abuse of Bonds before, but that's not to say it didn't happen. As far as Bonds and the media scrutiny, Bonds is getting what he deserves. He should be ashamed of himself. He is a piece of shit who cheated his way to where he is today. End of story.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Mar 24 2005, 09:46 PM)

Few went through what Aaron went through to get a record. I haven't heard much about any death threats or racial abuse of Bonds before, but that's not to say it didn't happen. As far as Bonds and the media scrutiny, Bonds is getting what he deserves. He should be ashamed of himself. He is a piece of shit who cheated his way to where he is today. End of story.

Where is he today????????????

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 09:44 PM)

How long have steroids been against the law without a doctor's prescription?

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 09:52 PM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Mar 24 2005, 09:46 PM)

Where is he today????????????

You tell me where he is.

Oh, another Neil lyric was about glittering prizes and endless compromises shattering the illusion of integrity, yeah.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Mar 24 2005, 09:55 PM)

I don't know. I thought that's where he was getting them from, he claims his DR gave them to him and he didn't know that they contained steroids. Until he gets put in jail I have to believe that he's telling the truth.

How long have they been against the rules in baseball? How long have they been testing for them? Is that Bonds fault too?

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 10:02 PM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Mar 24 2005, 09:55 PM)

I don't know. I thought that's where he was getting them from, he claims his DR gave them to him and he didn't know that they contained steroids. Until he gets put in jail I have to believe that he's telling the truth.

How long have they been against the rules in baseball? How long have they been testing for them? Is that Bonds fault too?

Bonds is part of the problem. Others are to blame besides him for making the game into a mockery of what it once was, if that's possible. We've already gone over that. They don't test for HGH, either. Still. Doesn't mean we have to like the game and it doesn't mean we can't berate the game for these glaring shortcomings, being fans who expect better from it. So you believe it was flaxseed oil? You think his mistress was lying, too? You think it's unfair that the media has subjected his son to all this?

For someone who continuously harps against generalizations you sure are good at it yourself. Just because people object to someone you admire you consider it jealousy but if you do it you cry "victim" and bitch and whine about being lump in with a certain group of people. This has nothing whatsoever to do with jealousy. Don't know how many times I have to say that but it's the reality. You keep running your mouth about the liars and the cheats in the world but when it comes to your own "heroes" it makes it ok. I'm gonna get a bumper sticker too..."THE HYPOCRISY CONTINUES."

QUOTE (Apollo was astonished @ Mar 24 2005, 10:05 PM)
Are steroids actually illegal in baseball? I actually thought there was no set rule, only an unspoken one - sorry if I am ignorant on this, can someone please clarify this for me though?

That's why I was asking because I'm not sure either. For some reason I thought the rule just went into effect the last year or so. My point is, it's not his fault that they didn't ever test them for steroids, sure he's wrong for using them but I can't just point the finger at him. I also can't put others down for doing any type of drugs for any reason when I've did my own fair share. That would make me a hypocrite. I guess I like to play the devil's advocate and also put myself in other peoples shoes before judging them. I'm just a nice guy like that, what can I say?

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 24 2005, 10:09 PM)

For someone who continuously harps against generalizations you sure are good at it yourself. Just because people object to someone you admire you consider it jealousy but if you do it you cry "victim" and bitch and whine about being lump in with a certain group of people. This has nothing whatsoever to do with jealousy. Don't know how many times I have to say that but it's the reality. You keep running your mouth about the liars and the cheats in the world but when it comes to your own "heroes" it makes it ok. I'm gonna get a bumper sticker too..."THE HYPOCRISY CONTINUES."

Nice try. Well not really, My last post explains what I mean. I'm not a hypocrite, you are the one that says Britney is a fake for lip syncing but when Geddy does it then it's OK.

WHO'S THE HYPOCRITE? YOU ARE. If you can't see that then I truly feel sorry for you. Poor guy.

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 10:12 PM)
Are steroids actually illegal in baseball?  I actually thought there was no set rule, only an unspoken one - sorry if I am ignorant on this, can someone please clarify this for me though?

That's why I was asking because I'm not sure either. For some reason I thought the rule just went into effect the last year or so. My point is, it's not his fault that they didn't ever test them for steroids, sure he's wrong for using them but I can't just point the finger at him. I also can't put others down for doing any type of drugs for any reason when I've did my own fair share. That would make me a hypocrite. I guess I like to play the devil's advocate and also put myself in other peoples shoes before judging them. I'm just a nice guy like that, what can I say?

This debunks your stupid ass theory about me.

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 10:14 PM)

Nice try. Well not really, My last post explains what I mean. I'm not a hypocrite, you are the one that says Britney is a fake for lip syncing but when Geddy does it then it's OK.

WHO'S THE HYPOCRITE? YOU ARE. If you can't see that then I truly feel sorry for you. Poor guy.

Oh so Geddy is fake huh? Do tell.

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 10:15 PM)
Are steroids actually illegal in baseball?  I actually thought there was no set rule, only an unspoken one - sorry if I am ignorant on this, can someone please clarify this for me though?

Hey if the shoe fits...choke on it. You are just proving my point by assuming I'm jealous but If I call you a hypocrite it makes it ok???

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 24 2005, 10:18 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 10:15 PM)

Hey if the shoe fits...choke on it. You are just proving my point by assuming I'm jealous but If I call you a hypocrite it makes it ok???

Call me whatever you want, whatever makes you feel better. Poor fella

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 24 2005, 10:20 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 10:19 PM)
The vigilantes gather on
The lonely torchlit hill.

Being a hypocrite again. Call a member of 2.gif a fake but yet you are quoting one of their songs sarcasm.gif applaudit.gif

Now you are a liar, show me where I called someone from rush a fake. Please do, poor fella. Now you have to lie about me. Pathetic.

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 10:14 PM)

right here

Archived