Bonds hints he might miss season

Test4VitalSigns

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (anagramking @ Mar 24 2005, 08:01 PM)

As for Britney, there are plenty of dancers who could dance circles around her, and we'll never hear about them. Fake breasts, fake hair, fake tan, fake voice, enough said. And who could forget Milli Vanilli? They lip synced their way to 7 million albums sold before the cat was let out of the bag. Yes you know it's true...ooh ooh ooh... 062802puke_prv.gif

Lip synching is not ripping people off??? [/quote]
Who doesn't lip sync in videos? Does she lip sync live? I really don't know, do you? [/quote]
I saw her perform on SNL, and there wasn't a doubt in my mind she was lip syncing there. It is ripping people off, unless you are open about it and everyone knows ahead of time. Hope you didn't think I meant otherwise, Test.

Apparently she's not the only one that does it on SNL as well. When Ashlee Simpson got caught - wasn't there a report saying that a lot of artists play their own vocals in the background so they sound better when they overlap the vocals?

Rush got a tonne of criticism for performing their act during the Tsunami benefit in a stuidio, while everyone else appeared live. One could say they're all studio...

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 24 2005, 08:03 PM)
All these comparisons of Bonds to Britney and Ashlee don't make much sense to me. On the other hand, Milli Vanilli won the Grammy for Best New Artist. When it was discovered that they never sang a single note on their album, there were forced to give the Grammy back. So, with that in mind, what will happen when Bonds breaks Aaron's HR record? Many people want an asterisk next to his name.

I mean, if and when Bonds hits that HR mark, we very well might hear some BOOS from the crowd. Imagine that!

He better make sure he's in Frisco when he breaks the record then ahahahaha. I hope he gets healthy and breaks the record just to make people whine more.

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 08:02 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 24 2005, 07:59 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 24 2005, 07:49 PM)
Lip synching is not ripping people off???

Madonna did it as well in the concert I went to - a few songs.

Rush pre-recording their keyboard tracks and backing vocals? One could say that is a ripoff too - and what can you really say about that? That's exactly what my wife said when I mentioned the lip syncing during Madonna.

I forgot about RUSH doing it too, they add keyboards when playing live when Geddy is no where near keyboards. RUSH IS RIPPING US OFF LETS DEMAND OUR MONEY BACK AHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Also, Earthshine, LIVE, whos singing the backups? It sounds EXACTLY LIKE GEDDY hmmmmmm, wonder who it could be? Geddys no where near the mic, but his lips are moving.......I saw them 6 times this tour, he lip snyced on that song. Oh and remember time stand still? Who was that chick singing backups? Her picture was on the screen, she wasn't even there, hmmmm, Rush used recording while playing live. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!!

Oh but this is different because it's a band we like.................. rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

It's no big secret Rush uses certain "sampling" to help their live shows but comparing that to britney was way off base sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (Trance @ Mar 24 2005, 08:03 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 07:54 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 24 2005, 07:50 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 07:46 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 24 2005, 07:42 PM)
I just want to know where you get this idea I'm jealous of anyone????

To be honest when I was talking about people being jealous I didn't have you in mind at all. I just seeing a lot of bashing of some very successful people. If someone doesn't like someone then just don't listen to them. I know that a lot of people are jealous of successful people, it's not hard to see. I wasn't pointing my finger at you but I guess your guilty conscience took over.

where do u get off making assumptions about me??? Guilty conscience!!!! Farg!!!!

Yeah, guilty conscience, you assume I was talking about you when I wasn't. chill out, it's not the end of the world. You're not gonna get salty on us are you? fists crying.gif

What good does making comments like that do?

It's no worse than what he said earlier. What good does it do to bash people because they are successful? No good at all, just like the comment I just made. Cept I thought what I said was funny so for that it did me a whole hell of a lot of good.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 24 2005, 08:07 PM)

Rush pre-recording their keyboard tracks and backing vocals? One could say that is a ripoff too - and what can you really say about that? That's exactly what my wife said when I mentioned the lip syncing during Madonna.

I forgot about RUSH doing it too, they add keyboards when playing live when Geddy is no where near keyboards. RUSH IS RIPPING US OFF LETS DEMAND OUR MONEY BACK AHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Also, Earthshine, LIVE, whos singing the backups? It sounds EXACTLY LIKE GEDDY hmmmmmm, wonder who it could be? Geddys no where near the mic, but his lips are moving.......I saw them 6 times this tour, he lip snyced on that song. Oh and remember time stand still? Who was that chick singing backups? Her picture was on the screen, she wasn't even there, hmmmm, Rush used recording while playing live. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!!

Oh but this is different because it's a band we like.................. rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

It's no big secret Rush uses certain "sampling" to help their live shows but comparing that to britney was way off base sarcasm.gif

Why because we like Rush? They are cheating on stage, it's weak, just like anyone else lip syncing. That's my opinion, you have yours and I'll have mine. You dip how you wanna dip and I'll dip how I wanna dip.

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 08:07 PM)
QUOTE (Trance @ Mar 24 2005, 08:03 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 07:54 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 24 2005, 07:50 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 07:46 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 24 2005, 07:42 PM)
I just want to know where you get this idea I'm jealous of anyone????

To be honest when I was talking about people being jealous I didn't have you in mind at all. I just seeing a lot of bashing of some very successful people. If someone doesn't like someone then just don't listen to them. I know that a lot of people are jealous of successful people, it's not hard to see. I wasn't pointing my finger at you but I guess your guilty conscience took over.

where do u get off making assumptions about me??? Guilty conscience!!!! Farg!!!!

Yeah, guilty conscience, you assume I was talking about you when I wasn't. chill out, it's not the end of the world. You're not gonna get salty on us are you? fists crying.gif

What good does making comments like that do?

It's no worse than what he said earlier. What good does it do to bash people because they are successful? No good at all, just like the comment I just made. Cept I thought what I said was funny so for that it did me a whole hell of a lot of good.

Still don't see any proof I "bash" successful people...only cheats and fakes...big difference

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Mar 24 2005, 08:01 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 24 2005, 04:23 PM)
Bonds isn't a nice guy, then again Ruth wasn't very nice either.

Anyone here play baseball?  Steriods aside, it takes amazing talent to still have the accuracy hit the ball like Bonds does.  He is an all around great player.

You don't have to be a nice guy to be good at something. I sure think he has a crappy attitude, but it doesn't make him a bad player.

Being able to consistently hit a small round object coming at you at 80-90 mph with a small round stick takes a lot of talent.

Bonds has always pretty much been a home-run hitter all his career. 30-40 home runs for a majority of his career. So how was he doing this all throughout his career? If you look at career HR's the only real anomoly is 2001. All the rest are pretty much inline with each other. If you took his 2001 season and lowered his HR's to be in line with his other years he'd still be less than 40 behind Babe Ruth. So if he was healthy this season he'd break that record anyway.

PS: What's with all the name calling becuase our ideas/thoughts/opinions don't agree? Let's leave that out of our discussions please.

Who knows when Bonds started juicing? He started pretty skinny, but when did he bulk up, exactly? I thought it was sooner than 2001. To get better as you approach 40 is unheard of in baseball, though. Players usually begin the decline in their late 30s, if not sooner. The steroids and HGH enabled Bonds to keep going at the same rate as before, at the very least.

Britney Spears doesn't have a band to back her up too - all the music is pretty much all prerecorded. Don't you see it's a different type of music, differen't type of appeal?

People say rap takes no talent. I can't stand people who say that because the rap I listen to has lyrics comparable to some of the stuff Neil writes, not the garbage like P. Ditty etc.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Mar 24 2005, 08:12 PM)

Anyone here play baseball?  Steriods aside, it takes amazing talent to still have the accuracy hit the ball like Bonds does.  He is an all around great player.

You don't have to be a nice guy to be good at something. I sure think he has a crappy attitude, but it doesn't make him a bad player.

Being able to consistently hit a small round object coming at you at 80-90 mph with a small round stick takes a lot of talent.

Bonds has always pretty much been a home-run hitter all his career. 30-40 home runs for a majority of his career. So how was he doing this all throughout his career? If you look at career HR's the only real anomoly is 2001. All the rest are pretty much inline with each other. If you took his 2001 season and lowered his HR's to be in line with his other years he'd still be less than 40 behind Babe Ruth. So if he was healthy this season he'd break that record anyway.

PS: What's with all the name calling becuase our ideas/thoughts/opinions don't agree? Let's leave that out of our discussions please.

Who knows when Bonds started juicing? He started pretty skinny, but when did he bulk up, exactly?

Good question, I hope he answers this after he breaks the record.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 24 2005, 08:12 PM)

Britney Spears doesn't have a band to back her up too - all the music is pretty much all prerecorded. Don't you see it's a different type of music, differen't type of appeal?

People say rap takes no talent. I can't stand people who say that because the rap I listen to has lyrics comparable to some of the stuff Neil writes, not the garbage like P. Ditty etc.

exactly. Rush plays as a band actually playing their instruments. yes.gif

True, it seems the only people crying about her lip syncing is the people who never been to one of her concerts. If the paying customers aren't bitching, then why should anyone else? That's like me calling the foot locker and complaining because your shoes didn't fit you.

Unless someone was jealous why would they even care?

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 24 2005, 08:14 PM)

As a musician, I can tell you that "sampling" is NOT the same as playing your instrument. no.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 24 2005, 08:14 PM)

Albiet - not all instruments, but most of the sounds you hear.

But don't you see, Spears' music is not instrument based? It's more stage presence, dance, sex appeal etc.

Like some girls think Geddy is hot. I for one think he's one ugly son of a bitch, but I do worship him to death as a bass player.

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 08:14 PM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Mar 24 2005, 08:12 PM)

Who knows when Bonds started juicing? He started pretty skinny, but when did he bulk up, exactly?

Good question, I hope he answers this after he breaks the record.

Oh so after he breaks the record it's ok to say "ye I was on the juice"??? That's like drinking 20 beers and going for a drive and getting caught and then saying Oh I shouldn't have had that last one!" The first 19 don't count! sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 08:16 PM)

True, it seems the only people crying about her lip syncing is the people who never been to one of her concerts. If the paying customers aren't bitching, then why should anyone else? That's like me calling the foot locker and complaining because your shoes didn't fit you.

Because maybe we hold the music industry to actually deliver the products it claims it is? If they are going to go all out presenting and advertising a Britney LIVE show then why not deliver one and not the lip-syncing. But I guess that goes back to false advertising, which I can't stand. . . although it's been around forever and most likely will be.

QUOTE (Trance @ Mar 24 2005, 08:20 PM)

Because maybe we hold the music industry to actually deliver the products it claims it is? If they are going to go all out presenting and advertising a Britney LIVE show then why not deliver one and not the lip-syncing. But I guess that goes back to false advertising, which I can't stand. . . although it's been around forever and most likely will be.

OK then, I would understand if people bitched about the music industry for letting this happen. NOW you are onto something. Nice posting trance. trink39.gif

When I was at Madonna, she did an acoustic set by herself while she played guitar and sang. The song before was a pre-recorded video on screen while acrobats did their thing. "Die another Day" was prerecorded for sure because she was doing all these wicked dance moves and there was no way she could sing while doing that.

To this day, that was one of the most entertaining concerts I've ever seen, even more than Rush R30, eventhough I'm not a big fan of her.

Wait, wasn't we talking about Bonds and about how he was hurt? I almost forgot. ahahahah

And we hold Major League Baseball to deliver the product it claims it is, right? The front offices were very likely complicit in this steroids/HGH brouhaha. Selig is so full of 062802puke_prv.gif . The Yanks can't void Giambi's contract because they knew what they were getting into. They even went out and signed Sheffield, knowing he was involved in the BALCO fiasco. MLB is just as guilty as the players who juiced. They allowed it to go on for years.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 24 2005, 08:24 PM)

When I was at Madonna, she did an acoustic set by herself while she played guitar and sang. The song before was a pre-recorded video on screen while acrobats did their thing. "Die another Day" was prerecorded for sure because she was doing all these wicked dance moves and there was no way she could sing while doing that.

To this day, that was one of the most entertaining concerts I've ever seen, even more than Rush R30, eventhough I'm not a big fan of her.

And you aren't alone. Last summer Madonna sold out 8 shows in a row at Madison square garden, that place holds close to 20,000. Rush barely sold out 2 shows at radio city and it only holds 5500. After the Madonna shows I bet there wasn't many people walking away bitching because she was lip syncing. I'm sure a lot of people saw her 3-4 times that week for the same show. I'm guessing they wasn't walking out of MSG complaining about how she was lip syncing. The only people that is bitching are the ones who wasn't there. Don't make sense.

Again, you can't blame people for making millions doing whatever they can. I say blame the music industry for letting people get by with this, but until people that are doing it stops selling out 8 shows at MSG then I don't see how anyones complaints will add up to anything. So why bother? If you like Rush then go see Rush, I can't stand people who sit and make fun of rush because of Geddys voice, and a lot of people do it too. To me, those people are just as bad as all the other people bitching and moaning, you dont like Rush? Then dont go see them, but STFU about them and go to your Britney concert ahahahahaha.

Maybe we need another thread, I will email Bonds to appoligize for highjacking him thread. laugh.gif

QUOTE (anagramking @ Mar 24 2005, 08:31 PM)

And we hold Major League Baseball to deliver the product it claims it is, right? The front offices were very likely complicit in this steroids/HGH brouhaha. Selig is so full of 062802puke_prv.gif . The Yanks can't void Giambi's contract because they knew what they were getting into. They even went out and signed Sheffield, knowing he was involved in the BALCO fiasco. MLB is just as guilty as the players who juiced. They allowed it to go on for years.

Yep, and MLB and the team owners who signed these juicing free agents looked the other way because in their minds, home runs = fans in the seats.

I hope his knee gets better and he comes back and hits 56 home runs between this year and next. That would rock. http://www.ericwithac.de/site/images/myDiary/Playing%20Heart-Ball%202002/Barry%20Bonds%20hits%20HR%20600.jpg

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 24 2005, 08:46 PM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Mar 24 2005, 08:31 PM)

Yep, and MLB and the team owners who signed these juicing free agents looked the other way because in their minds, home runs = fans in the seats.

That's what it's all about, money money money. You said it all right there.

Archived