Bonds hints he might miss season

Test4VitalSigns

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 24 2005, 07:22 PM)
I posted this thread to state Bonds was injured and that it was possible he would miss the season. It was supposed to be baseball-related news. I didn't mean for this to be a debate on the alleged steroids issue. We already have a thread for that.

True, but this is a thread about Barry Bonds, and when the name Bonds comes up, the conversation will invariably turn to steroids. Steroids are THE hotbutton topic in sports right now, and Barry is the 'roids poster child.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 24 2005, 05:35 PM)
I can assure you I'm not jealous of Britney Spears.. sarcasm.gif If I'm going to be an entertainer I'm going to play real instruments and sing live and not rely on tits and ass to get by. It's called integrity. The analogy you make is far from brilliant; You want to pay 100 bucks a ticket to watch her wiggle her ass that's your perogative. Her lip-synching at live concerts is well documented. Me, I rather watch great musicianship (ye like Rush sarcasm.gif ). It's a stupid analogy because nobody is jealous because someone is being fake to rip off people. people are pissed because they are getting ripped off. So u think it was ok for Ashlee Simpson to lip-synch on Saturday Night LIVE?? And to top it off blame it on her band..on national tv no less??? At least her sister is honest and caters to the right crowd. Ashlee is trying SO hard to pass herself as a rocker, it's pathetic. Why the mindless, endless rant??? Geez it's only Britney and Ashlee. confused13.gif
You know everybody is right. You are a pathetic, childish idiot who cannot handle anybody speaking up against you without you going into a f***ing tantrum. I'm up for a decent debate but all you spew is negative ranting that goes nowhere. Because the rules have changed in politics forum you don't go there anymore and you spread your garbage elsewhere on the board trying to antagonize people?? Get a life. upyours.gif I don't need you to turn Rush against me to preach your crap. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks Superconductor is Neil's sarcastic take on the entertainment world today. If anything it proves my point right more than it does yours.

I guess you aren't bright enough to get what I was saying because your post is way off base. I wouldn't pay a nickle to watch Britney Spears in concert, I wouldn watch that if they paid me $100 let alone PAY to go see it. I don't like her music, and I'm not really entertained watching people dance. HOWEVER, I just get sick of jealous people bashing people who are successful, just because they are successful. THAT it what is pathetic. GOT IT NOW?

The only thing worse than a fake that became successful is someone whinning and bitching about it all day when there's not a damn thing they can do about it, it's not going to change ANYTHING. Why bother, if you don't want people thinking you're jealous then STOP ACTIN JEALOUS. iT'S f***ing SIMPLE, IT REALLY IS. damn.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 24 2005, 07:29 PM)
For the record, I don't like Bonds, Britney Spears, Metallica, Bruce Willis or Alexei Yashin as people...

But I can give credit where it's due. They are successful because they appeal to people and have talent at what they do. If none of them had talent, we'd all be where they're at. Just my two cents.

True, they have SOMETHING, just because everyone don't have the same taste in what they feel is entertainment it doesn't always mean they are fakes, it means they are doing something that isn't their cup of tea. No sense in bashing them all day, I find that pathetic. They are there and you're not, now do something about it besides whinning like a little bitch.

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 07:25 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 24 2005, 05:58 PM)
And for the record I was only objecting to your pathetic opinion that people are jealous of these cheaters and fakes.... capeesh?

I didn't expect you to just come out and "admit" you were jealous of Britney Spears, that's just not something someone jealous usually does, they just sit and bash all day and it shows but they will never admit it. Carry on.

ooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy......Man you don't even know me from the empty space between your ears. I couldn't care less if Britney is "famous" or "rich". I go to sleep comfortably knowing I live life the best I know. I don't need to be well known by anyone and I sure as hell not going to be jealous of somebody who rips off people with lip-synching candy-coated "music" to lure parents into spending tons of money on her crap for their innocently oblivious kids(not to mention young girls wanting to wear slutty clothes but that's another thread). You have no proof I bash anyone all day, even Barry. I never mentioned Barry's alleged steroids use once. I just merely stated that to suggest that people are jealous of these people because they happen to get rich ripping people off is preposterous. Do you honestly think Britney would still be famous if she wasn't as hot looking as she is? Come on! In 5 years she'll be pulling a Tiffany and a Debbie Gibson and pose for Playboy to pay her bills!

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 24 2005, 07:29 PM)
I posted this thread to state Bonds was injured and that it was possible he would miss the season. It was supposed to be baseball-related news. I didn't mean for this to be a debate on the alleged steroids issue.  We already have a thread for that.

True, but this is a thread about Barry Bonds, and when the name Bonds comes up, the conversation will invariably turn to steroids. Steroids are THE hotbutton topic in sports right now, and Barry is the 'roids poster child.

When I think of Barry I think of all the good plays on the field I seen him do in the last 15 or so years, he provided me with a lot of good times and I loved watching him play. He did steroids, so did a lot of other players, he was good before he did steroids. The steroid problem is being taken care of, people shouldn't let it consume their lives so much, it will give them ulcers. There's a lot more worse shit out there to worry about, like kids shooting other kids at school, jets dropping bombs on innocent civilans, high gas prices, things that personally affect us. This steroid problem is being taken care of as we speak. I remember 2 years ago when they said Barry was saving the game of baseball. How things can change.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 24 2005, 07:38 PM)
And for the record I was only objecting to your pathetic opinion that people are jealous of these cheaters and fakes.... capeesh?

I didn't expect you to just come out and "admit" you were jealous of Britney Spears, that's just not something someone jealous usually does, they just sit and bash all day and it shows but they will never admit it. Carry on.

ooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy......Man you don't even know me from the empty space between your ears. I couldn't care less if Britney is "famous" or "rich". I go to sleep comfortably knowing I live life the best I know. I don't need to be well known by anyone and I sure as hell not going to be jealous of somebody who rips off people with lip-synching candy-coated "music" to lure parents into spending tons of money on her crap for their innocently oblivious kids(not to mention young girls wanting to wear slutty clothes but that's another thread). You have no proof I bash anyone all day, even Barry. I never mentioned Barry's alleged steroids use once. I just merely stated that to suggest that people are jealous of these people because they happen to get rich ripping people off is preposterous. Do you honestly think Britney would still be famous if she wasn't as hot looking as she is? Come on! In 5 years she'll be pulling a Tiffany and a Debbie Gibson and pose for Playboy to pay her bills!

I'm pretty sure she has enough money to pay her bills for life. You will be alright.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 24 2005, 07:38 PM)

Explain how Britney Spears is ripping people off, if they like what she does and buy her recods and tickets to her show, how is that ripping people off? Please explain that one.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 24 2005, 07:23 PM)
Bonds isn't a nice guy, then again Ruth wasn't very nice either.

Anyone here play baseball? Steriods aside, it takes amazing talent to still have the accuracy hit the ball like Bonds does. He is an all around great player.

Britney Spears has found a niche in the market, and she is successful as a result. She is actually a pretty good dancer on stage - it still takes amazing talent to be able to dance in sync like that. Not my thing at all, but hey she doesn't do well for what she does.

Ruth did do a lot of charity work, if I remember correctly. Not that bad a guy. Certainly not that bad compared to Bonds. Ted Williams was known for being prickly with the press. Ty Cobb, now that was a mean guy, no matter how you slice it. Racist, and could be dirty as they come on the field. Bonds used his own son to shield himself from the onslaught of the press. I feel bad for that kid.

As for Bonds, remember that HGH is thought to improve vision. His head didn't grow two hat sizes in 2001, his record year, for no reason. The inflated on base percentage happened recently. Frank Thomas was the career OBP leader among active players until recently. Without HGH, Bonds doesn't become supernatural as he approaches 40. If you want to know more about how devastating the mix of steroids and HGH can be, Lyle Alzado wrote an article in SI about this shortly before he died. To think that people have to choose this concoction at the risk of loss of life at too early an age in order to achieve such a level of greatness, or risk being less than HOF caliber, is such an unthinkable proposition to offer any ball player. Bonds will be lucky to make it to age 50.

As for Britney, there are plenty of dancers who could dance circles around her, and we'll never hear about them. Fake breasts, fake hair, fake tan, fake voice, enough said. And who could forget Milli Vanilli? They lip synced their way to 7 million albums sold before the cat was let out of the bag. Yes you know it's true...ooh ooh ooh... 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 07:39 PM)
I posted this thread to state Bonds was injured and that it was possible he would miss the season. It was supposed to be baseball-related news. I didn't mean for this to be a debate on the alleged steroids issue.  We already have a thread for that.

When I think of Barry I think of all the good plays on the field I seen him do in the last 15 or so years, he provided me with a lot of good times and I loved watching him play. He did steroids, so did a lot of other players, he was good before he did steroids. The steroid problem is being taken care of, people shouldn't let it consume their lives so much, it will give them ulcers. There's a lot more worse shit out there to worry about, like kids shooting other kids at school, jets dropping bombs on innocent civilans, high gas prices, things that personally affect us. This steroid problem is being taken care of as we speak. I remember 2 years ago when they said Barry was saving the game of baseball. How things can change.

If Bonds wasn't taking 'roids, he'd still be the best player in baseball. He has more raw skill than any other player in the game. The only difference would be his homerun count. How many of his homers in recent years would've been merely warning track shots or doubles without the juice?

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 24 2005, 07:42 PM)
I just want to know where you get this idea I'm jealous of anyone????

To be honest when I was talking about people being jealous I didn't have you in mind at all. I just seeing a lot of bashing of some very successful people. If someone doesn't like someone then just don't listen to them. I know that a lot of people are jealous of successful people, it's not hard to see. I wasn't pointing my finger at you but I guess your guilty conscience took over.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Mar 24 2005, 07:44 PM)

Anyone here play baseball?  Steriods aside, it takes amazing talent to still have the accuracy hit the ball like Bonds does.  He is an all around great player.

Britney Spears has found a niche in the market, and she is successful as a result.  She is actually a pretty good dancer on stage - it still takes amazing talent to be able to dance in sync like that.  Not my thing at all, but hey she doesn't do well for what she does.

Ruth did do a lot of charity work, if I remember correctly. Not that bad a guy. Certainly not that bad compared to Bonds. Ted Williams was known for being prickly with the press. Ty Cobb, now that was a mean guy, no matter how you slice it. Racist, and could be dirty as they come on the field. Bonds used his own son to shield himself from the onslaught of the press. I feel bad for that kid.

As for Bonds, remember that HGH is thought to improve vision. His head didn't grow two hat sizes in 2001, his record year, for no reason. The inflated on base percentage happened recently. Frank Thomas was the career OBP leader among active players until recently. Without HGH, Bonds doesn't become supernatural as he approaches 40. If you want to know more about how devastating the mix of steroids and HGH can be, Lyle Alzado wrote an article in SI about this shortly before he died. To think that people have to choose this concoction at the risk of loss of life at too early an age in order to achieve such a level of greatness, or risk being less than HOF caliber, is such an unthinkable proposition to offer any ball player. Bonds will be lucky to make it to age 50.

As for Britney, there are plenty of dancers who could dance circles around her, and we'll never hear about them. Fake breasts, fake hair, fake tan, fake voice, enough said. And who could forget Milli Vanilli? They lip synced their way to 7 million albums sold before the cat was let out of the bag. Yes you know it's true...ooh ooh ooh... 062802puke_prv.gif

Lip synching is not ripping people off???

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 07:46 PM)

To be honest when I was talking about people being jealous I didn't have you in mind at all. I just seeing a lot of bashing of some very successful people. If someone doesn't like someone then just don't listen to them. I know that a lot of people are jealous of successful people, it's not hard to see. I wasn't pointing my finger at you but I guess your guilty conscience took over.

where do u get off making assumptions about me??? Guilty conscience!!!! Farg!!!!

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 24 2005, 07:45 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 07:39 PM)

If Bonds wasn't taking 'roids, he'd still be the best player in baseball. He has more raw skill than any other player in the game. The only difference would be his homerun count. How many of his homers in recent years would've been merely warning track shots or doubles without the juice?

Probably so, I think the last 4 years was when he was reaching for the record. He probably saw that it was in sight and he let the drug take control of him. He sold a lot of tickets in the last 3-4 years that's for sure. I agree though, even without roids he was one of the best in baseball, even for a 40+ year old. I like Bonds though as you can probably tell. I wish he stayed in Pittsburgh but I understand that he had way better offers and that's how it is in sports. If someone paid you 4x more then most people would go take the money. So I don't hate him for that. I understand that Pittsburgh isn't a huge market like a lot of other cities and can't afford to keep bigtime players like him. Now I'm going off on another "old" subject again. LOL ............. I have tickets to opening day in Pittsburgh. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 24 2005, 07:49 PM)

Anyone here play baseball?  Steriods aside, it takes amazing talent to still have the accuracy hit the ball like Bonds does.  He is an all around great player.

Britney Spears has found a niche in the market, and she is successful as a result.  She is actually a pretty good dancer on stage - it still takes amazing talent to be able to dance in sync like that.  Not my thing at all, but hey she doesn't do well for what she does.

Who doesn't lip sync in videos? Does she lip sync live? I really don't know, do you?

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 24 2005, 07:50 PM)

where do u get off making assumptions about me??? Guilty conscience!!!! Farg!!!!

Yeah, guilty conscience, you assume I was talking about you when I wasn't. chill out, it's not the end of the world. You're not gonna get salty on us are you? fists crying.gif

Madonna did it as well in the concert I went to - a few songs.

Rush pre-recording their keyboard tracks and backing vocals? One could say that is a ripoff too - and what can you really say about that? That's exactly what my wife said when I mentioned the lip syncing during Madonna.

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 07:53 PM)

As for Britney, there are plenty of dancers who could dance circles around her, and we'll never hear about them. Fake breasts, fake hair, fake tan, fake voice, enough said. And who could forget Milli Vanilli? They lip synced their way to 7 million albums sold before the cat was let out of the bag. Yes you know it's true...ooh ooh ooh... 062802puke_prv.gif [/quote]
Lip synching is not ripping people off??? [/quote]
Who doesn't lip sync in videos? Does she lip sync live? I really don't know, do you?

I saw her perform on SNL, and there wasn't a doubt in my mind she was lip syncing there. It is ripping people off, unless you are open about it and everyone knows ahead of time. Hope you didn't think I meant otherwise, Test.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 24 2005, 04:23 PM)

Anyone here play baseball? Steriods aside, it takes amazing talent to still have the accuracy hit the ball like Bonds does. He is an all around great player.

You don't have to be a nice guy to be good at something. I sure think he has a crappy attitude, but it doesn't make him a bad player.

Being able to consistently hit a small round object coming at you at 80-90 mph with a small round stick takes a lot of talent.

Bonds has always pretty much been a home-run hitter all his career. 30-40 home runs for a majority of his career. So how was he doing this all throughout his career? If you look at career HR's the only real anomoly is 2001. All the rest are pretty much inline with each other. If you took his 2001 season and lowered his HR's to be in line with his other years he'd still be less than 40 behind Babe Ruth. So if he was healthy this season he'd break that record anyway.

PS: What's with all the name calling becuase our ideas/thoughts/opinions don't agree? Let's leave that out of our discussions please.

I don't believe Britney sings live. Saw an HBO special once while in college... watched with my roomate who was into her, and you could tell she wasn't singing. Her voice didn't change timbre or anything when she was in the middle of her dance moves. I'm no expert, but I used to play an instrument while marching and I used to do a lot of dancing/movement classes, and it's hard to maintain perfect pitch and tone with an instrument, let alone your voice, while moving like that. Seemed to me she was just lipping to a backing track. If I paid 100+ dollars to see her live for whatever reason, I'd feel ripped off.

As far as Bonds.... I don't know.... so I'll leave that to you sports nuts smile.gif

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Mar 24 2005, 07:59 PM)

Madonna did it as well in the concert I went to - a few songs.

Rush pre-recording their keyboard tracks and backing vocals? One could say that is a ripoff too - and what can you really say about that? That's exactly what my wife said when I mentioned the lip syncing during Madonna.

I forgot about RUSH doing it too, they add keyboards when playing live when Geddy is no where near keyboards. RUSH IS RIPPING US OFF LETS DEMAND OUR MONEY BACK AHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Also, Earthshine, LIVE, whos singing the backups? It sounds EXACTLY LIKE GEDDY hmmmmmm, wonder who it could be? Geddys no where near the mic, but his lips are moving.......I saw them 6 times this tour, he lip snyced on that song. Oh and remember time stand still? Who was that chick singing backups? Her picture was on the screen, she wasn't even there, hmmmm, Rush used recording while playing live. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!!

Oh but this is different because it's a band we like.................. rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 07:53 PM)

http://www.bytebackonline.com/Articles_p/lips_p.html

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/ontv/110404_en...p_synching.html

http://www.insideedition.com/investigative/lip-synch.htm

She even lip-synchs her interviews!!!!!!!!

http://www.brokennewz.com/entertainment/spears.asp rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Mar 24 2005, 07:54 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 24 2005, 07:50 PM)

Yeah, guilty conscience, you assume I was talking about you when I wasn't. chill out, it's not the end of the world. You're not gonna get salty on us are you? fists crying.gif

What good does making comments like that do?

All these comparisons of Bonds to Britney and Ashlee don't make much sense to me. On the other hand, Milli Vanilli won the Grammy for Best New Artist. When it was discovered that they never sang a single note on their album, there were forced to give the Grammy back. So, with that in mind, what will happen when Bonds breaks Aaron's HR record? Many people want an asterisk next to his name.

I mean, if and when Bonds hits that HR mark, we very well might hear some BOOS from the crowd. Imagine that!

Archived