MEGADETH!!!

ReturnOfTheRic

QUOTE (ReturnOfTheRic @ Dec 2 2009, 10:36 AM)
Chris is better? Better is a opiniated word. Chris can sweep cleaner but he didn't write Rust n Peace. Chris is good at certain and Dave is as well.

sweep cleaner? go listen to chris's playing again - then retype something coherent.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rotting @ Dec 2 2009, 08:41 PM)
Chris is better? Better is a opiniated word.  Chris can sweep cleaner but he didn't write Rust n Peace. Chris is good at certain and Dave is as well.

sweep cleaner? go listen to chris's playing again - then retype something coherent.

I'll take Chris Holmes from W.A.S.P.

Love,

"ANIMAL FUKK LIKE A BEAST!"

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 2 2009, 09:58 AM)
QUOTE (rotting @ Dec 1 2009, 09:03 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Dec 1 2009, 02:15 AM)

I am sure all of you Megadeth fans know that Dave wrote most of "KILL 'EM ALL."

Dave rules.

I think james and lars wrote most of Kill em all. Dave wrote some stuff too. I think he's fantastic, almost as good as chris. chris is better though.

Yep, they did. Dave has riff's on the first 3 albums and then goes on to say he wrote thing's on other albums as well dazed025.gif Class -A jackass . You are right, Chris is better.....imo

Dave has credits on the first two Metallica albums. I remember him stating in an interview over twenty years ago that he wrote a lot of the main parts to 'Leper Messiah', but it was originally titled 'The Hills Run Red'--which he recieved no credit for.

None of you guys have given Cryptic Writings much praise. I consider this their third best album behind Peace Sells and Rust In Peace.

Edited by GeddyLeeRoth

QUOTE (GeddyLeeRoth @ Dec 3 2009, 12:47 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 2 2009, 09:58 AM)
QUOTE (rotting @ Dec 1 2009, 09:03 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Dec 1 2009, 02:15 AM)

I am sure all of you Megadeth fans know that Dave wrote most of "KILL 'EM ALL."

Dave rules.

I think james and lars wrote most of Kill em all. Dave wrote some stuff too. I think he's fantastic, almost as good as chris. chris is better though.

Yep, they did. Dave has riff's on the first 3 albums and then goes on to say he wrote thing's on other albums as well dazed025.gif Class -A jackass . You are right, Chris is better.....imo

Dave has credits on the first two Metallica albums. I remember him stating in an interview over twenty years ago that he wrote a lot of the main parts to 'Leper Messiah', but it was originally titled 'The Hills Run Red'--which he recieved no credit for.

None of you guys have given Cryptic Writings much praise. I consider this their third best album behind Peace Sells and Rust In Peace.

I believe Dave wrote The Four Horseman, but it was originally called " The Mechanix" , or something like that. Hetfield said they changed the lyrics cause the ones dave wrote were silly. But pretty much all the lyrics on the first album are.

Dave has a unique style. No one plays like him. I think Poland and Friedman are the best lead guys he had.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Dec 2 2009, 11:13 PM)
QUOTE (rotting @ Dec 2 2009, 08:41 PM)
Chris is better? Better is a opiniated word.  Chris can sweep cleaner but he didn't write Rust n Peace. Chris is good at certain and Dave is as well.

I'll take Chris Holmes from W.A.S.P.

Love,

"ANIMAL FUKK LIKE A BEAST!"

You would............ laugh.gif

QUOTE (ReturnOfTheRic @ Dec 3 2009, 12:14 PM)
Uh something coherent? I was saying Chris is a great guitar player but i prefer Daves writing style. I've seen chris live with megadeth and he sweeps (on guitar, not with a vacuum) very nicely. You hear every note clearly. That's what i meant by sweeps clean. Chris shreds though.

so you saw the Peace sells tour? or was it even earlier than that?

Uh im talking chris broderick. Not Chris Polland. I was -1 when they toured for Peace Sells. lol. I saw Chris Broderick on tour with megadeth 3 weeks ago toruing for endgame. I first saw megadeth when they toured for The World Needs A Hero. Al Pitrelli wasn't too bad either.... But hes no Marty.

I saw the Killing tour [yep, i am old] they opened for King Diamond

QUOTE (ReturnOfTheRic @ Dec 3 2009, 12:35 PM)
Uh im talking chris broderick. Not Chris Polland. I was -1 when they toured for Peace Sells. lol. I saw Chris Broderick on tour with megadeth 3 weeks ago toruing for endgame. I first saw megadeth when they toured for The World Needs A Hero. Al Pitrelli wasn't too bad either.... But hes no Marty.

I see, I thought it was Poland you were talking about and would be willing to bet that Rotting did too. When you say Chris I would guess most old schoolers would think of Poland.

So the new guys name is Chris too? ( forgive me i have not spent much time looking at the cd cover ) I gotta say that i do like him and it seems like he has breathed a little life back into MD. Need to read up more on him.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 3 2009, 12:38 PM)

1022.gif talk about a feather in your cap! holy shit. damn and i thought i was old. ( 43 ) i got into them during peace sells and saw the so good, so far tour.

QUOTE (ReturnOfTheRic @ Dec 3 2009, 12:51 PM)
Yeah my mistake. Yeah new guys name is Chris Broderick(spelling?). He's really good. Best since Marty in my opinion. Look up stuff on him on youtube. He's impressive.

yeah, he has got the chops for sure.

QUOTE (tangy @ Dec 3 2009, 12:49 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 3 2009, 12:38 PM)

1022.gif talk about a feather in your cap! holy shit. damn and i thought i was old. ( 43 ) i got into them during peace sells and saw the so good, so far tour.

You are the same age as me[43] you could have seen the same tour . I went to see King because i was a fan of M. Fate and i was very happy i did

QUOTE (ReturnOfTheRic @ Dec 3 2009, 01:04 PM)
notworthy.gif

if you are into the tapping thing you might want to check out scale the summit and animals as leaders threads here. in particular, the guy from AAL is killing it. i think its my favorite guitar work of the year.

I think it's pretty cool they are up for a Grammy this year, they won't win because they are up agianst Metallica but hey..............

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Dec 3 2009, 03:40 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 3 2009, 02:18 PM)
I think it's pretty cool they are up for a Grammy this year, they won't win because they are up agianst Metallica but hey..............

What did metallica do this year?

You know the Grammys fing.gif . Priest is up for a song that came out in 1990 confused13.gif

That is f-n hysterical laugh.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Dec 3 2009, 07:09 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 3 2009, 07:00 PM)
That is f-n hysterical laugh.gif

yeah, i would take it as an insult to be lumped with nickelback and linkin park.

how the times have changed.

The Grammy's really are the most clueless bunch next to Rolling Stone