Manic Street Preachers Fan Thread

The Gutless Wonder

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Gutless Wonder @ Oct 25 2009, 07:06 AM)
BBC 2 tonight, James Dean Bradfield will be joining Dame Shirley Bassey on stage to perform the song that he and Nicky Wire wrote for her - The Girl From Tiger Bay. Looking forward to seeing this! Will have to sit through Goldfinger but hey! It'll be worth it! biggrin.gif

They've written for quite a few down the line. Do you know if Kylie ever did do a version of LBN? I loved Traci's version but KM would be interesting as well cool.gif

Seeing as people are posting about Manic meets!;

Guess who just met James Dean Bradfield?

He was in my town in one of my locals, on holiday I presume. We had a 5 minute convo about Rush. Good f***ing times! My mates tried to get me out earlier because they were sitting on the table next to him and Nicky but they didn't tell me that bit for a suprise and I had a shower instead! JDB and Sean were in another pub in Tenby yesterday when we got told about it. I must say, my 30th Anniversary tour shirt did me proud biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Oct 24 2009, 04:17 PM)
Seeing as people are posting about Manic meets!;

Guess who just met James Dean Bradfield?

He was in my town in one of my locals, on holiday I presume. We had a 5 minute convo about Rush. Good f***ing times! My mates tried to get me out earlier because they were sitting on the table next to him and Nicky but they didn't tell me that bit for a suprise and I had a shower instead! JDB and Sean were in another pub in Tenby yesterday when we got told about it. I must say, my 30th Anniversary tour shirt did me proud biggrin.gif

Cool! Was that in Wales that you met him? Enjoyed the performance last night. Steevo - Kylie did join MSP once on stage to perform Little Baby Nothing. Most fans seem to agree that her version isn't a patch on Traci's! laugh.gif

Had to bump this thread...going through a massive Manics kick at the moment, though for me it's really all about the earlier days, as I feel they got a bit "soft" after Richey disappeared...anyone else like them?