Tool Fans Unite!

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Feb 28 2011, 01:17 AM)
How you people enjoy this mess of "music" is beyond me.

sorry, this is "Tool Fans Unite!"... I think you're looking for "Tools Unite!" tongue.gif

"ticks and leeches" is one crazy mofo of a tune!

EDIT: "motherf**ker" automatically gets changed to "mofo". that's awesome laugh.gif

Edited by MMCXII

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Feb 27 2011, 11:24 PM)

sorry, this is "Tool Fans Unite!"... I think you're looking for "Tools Unite!" tongue.gif

I would be a tool to not go agaisnt the crowd and like this band - all of the kids at my school are wearing their little merch and an old friend of mine has picked them up as a favorite band..

I just don't get it.. Shitty distorted music, ftw?

Edited by Kenneth

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Feb 28 2011, 01:29 AM)

I would be a tool to not go agaisnt the crowd and like this band - all of the kids at my school are wearing their little merch and an old friend of mine has picked them up as a favorite band..

hmm well their stuff is kinda "busy" but dude, you're on a Rush forum! tongue.gif

I find they're kinda like Rush in that it's not for everyone, but you sure can't say they don't know how to play!

I like them for this reason as well as the fact that they seem to put so bloody much into everything they do! "lost keys/rosetta stoned" for example are always sparking discussions/debates about meanings etc..

then there's their live show... 1022.gif

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Feb 27 2011, 11:57 PM)
QUOTE (Kenneth @ Feb 28 2011, 01:29 AM)

hmm well their stuff is kinda "busy" but dude, you're on a Rush forum! tongue.gif

I find they're kinda like Rush in that it's not for everyone, but you sure can't say they don't know how to play!

I like them for this reason as well as the fact that they seem to put so bloody much into everything they do! "lost keys/rosetta stoned" for example are always sparking discussions/debates about meanings etc..

then there's their live show... 1022.gif

They are pretty talented guys, I really like Maynard's vocals in fact, it's just when comes down to actually listening to their stuff, I can't.

QUOTE (Steevo @ Feb 28 2011, 12:16 PM)
QUOTE (Kenneth @ Feb 28 2011, 08:17 PM)

eyesre4.gif Stop fishing Kenny.

out of bait unsure.gif

Edited by Kenneth

QUOTE (Steevo @ Feb 28 2011, 10:26 PM)
^^ Please video it for youtube consumption?

I said most likely.

But if we do, I most definitely will. It's a really tough song though, and it depends on whether or not we can finish learning it in two months. We can play it individually, I would say, but not yet as a group, since right now our main priority is our epic.

But it is on my top songs to play.

Forty six and two are just ahead of me....

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Very high on my list of all-time headbangers.

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Mar 1 2011, 04:47 PM)
QUOTE (Steevo @ Feb 28 2011, 12:16 PM)
QUOTE (Kenneth @ Feb 28 2011, 08:17 PM)

eyesre4.gif Stop fishing Kenny.

out of bait unsure.gif

If this was a Tool board you may have got a few bites that's all confused13.gif

QUOTE (Steevo @ Mar 1 2011, 02:52 PM)
Anyway, does anyone like Puscifer?  I think I like them less than APC.

Looks like this is gonna be another 5 year gap for the next album release.

I need to give puscifer a better listen...they're pretty weird for me.

I read somewhere...I think on the tube, that somebody said tool was maynard's intellect, apc his emotion, and puscifer his subconscious. It sure seems this way. I like apc the best.

Edited by Good,bad,andrush

I'm in love with how maynard takes the most messed up lyrics and metaphors, and makes them mean something really deep.

Like what the heck? I think we all know that track one of aenema (I don't know if saying the actually name would offend anyone) is literally about...well look at the title. But somehow, he makes that a metaphor for pushing away boundaries and such. A unique lyricist, and one of my favorites. Also in Orestes, "umbilical residue?" that's messed up and at the same time beautiful wacko.gif

QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Mar 2 2011, 02:28 PM)
Like what the heck? I think we all know that track one of aenema (I don't know if saying the actually name would offend anyone) is literally about...well look at the title. But somehow, he makes that a metaphor for pushing away boundaries and such. A unique lyricist, and one of my favorites.

laugh.gif yes.gif goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Mar 2 2011, 08:08 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Mar 1 2011, 05:28 PM)
Also in Orestes, "umbilical residue?" that's messed up and at the same time beautiful wacko.gif

Or how about "Hooker with a Penis"? These men are geniuses yes.gif

Awful example.

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Mar 2 2011, 01:29 AM)
Is that sarcasm Kenneth? Or are you realizing the genius behind this mess of music? eyesre4.gif

...the mess and the magic biggrin.gif

Well you fans may proceed with your fandom.. I was just letting off some steam.. (And of course, the fact remains I dislike this band)

(farewell, this is my last Tool post until the day I become a fan. Won't happen)

Edited by Kenneth

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Mar 4 2011, 08:50 PM)
Well you fans may proceed with your fandom.. I was just letting off some steam.. (And of course, the fact remains I dislike this band)

(farewell, this is my last Tool post until the day I become a fan. Won't happen)

sad.gif I kinda like your anti-Tool sentiment. You can let off as much steam as you want.