Model's Memoir

iluvgeddy05

Sometimes there really is some truth to the "blonde bimbo" stereotype. eyesre4.gif

Those boobs are ridiculous. Does she honestly think anyone's gonna look at her and assume they are the real thing?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mara @ Feb 10 2010, 09:07 AM)
Sometimes there really is some truth to the "blonde bimbo" stereotype. eyesre4.gif
Those boobs are ridiculous. Does she honestly think anyone's gonna look at her and assume they are the real thing?

I think when women go that route, they don't care if they look "real" or not...they just want them to look "perfect" and, clearly, as big as their head.

unsure.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Feb 10 2010, 11:35 AM)
Sometimes there really is some truth to the "blonde bimbo" stereotype.  eyesre4.gif
Those boobs are ridiculous.  Does she honestly think anyone's gonna look at her and assume they are the real thing?

I think when women go that route, they don't care if they look "real" or not...they just want them to look "perfect" and, clearly, as big as their head.

unsure.gif

When I see boobs like that, it really really makes me want to poke them with something sharp. I have this image of them going "pow!", like popping an overinflated balloon.

The only choice that she made in all this was the choice to be employed. The producers came up with her "new look" and they paid for it as well. It happens more often than you even know.

QUOTE (Mara @ Feb 10 2010, 09:46 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Feb 10 2010, 11:35 AM)
Sometimes there really is some truth to the "blonde bimbo" stereotype.  eyesre4.gif
Those boobs are ridiculous.  Does she honestly think anyone's gonna look at her and assume they are the real thing?

unsure.gif

When I see boobs like that, it really really makes me want to poke them with something sharp. I have this image of them going "pow!", like popping an overinflated balloon.

*waits for the (probably) inevitable post by a guy: "I got something sharp to poke 'em with" *

tongue.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Feb 9 2010, 02:58 PM)
I thought it might be okay to post this here...I really don't know who Heidi Montag IS (I've seen her mentioned on "The Soup") but the fact that a very pretty 23 year old had all this surgery ASTOUNDS me.

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/133193/HEIDI-MONTAG-PLASTIC-SURGERY-PHOTOS.jpg

Link to article if the above isn't readable: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/14/h...c_n_423855.html

What a bunch of unnecessary procedures.

This is the type of women that teens watch on shows like The Hills. Is it any wonder that they then starve themselves to look better? sad.gif

What an incredibly stupid thing to do, she was naturally pretty to begin with.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jan 14 2010, 11:15 AM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jan 14 2010, 11:51 AM)
I remember when Plus Sized meant size 14+  now it's 12+  unsure.gif

Exactly. And according to the article, the average woman in the U.S. is a size 14. Granted, Americans are generally heavy, but still.

Her hip measurement is 42" which is a size 16 in US charts, not a 12. How is she a size 12 with those knock-out curves? Also, I would never think a size 12 is "plus size." If you look in regular clothes, an XL goes up to a size 18 before it crosses over to the plus size. I don't quite know what to make of that article. I would hate for a woman, who is a size 12, to think of herself as "plus size." Especially when society puts such pressure on women to be thin PLUS the fact that the average woman is a size 14... so, the average woman is plus size?? wacko.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Feb 9 2010, 02:58 PM)
I thought it might be okay to post this here...I really don't know who Heidi Montag IS (I've seen her mentioned on "The Soup") but the fact that a very pretty 23 year old had all this surgery ASTOUNDS me.

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/133193/HEIDI-MONTAG-PLASTIC-SURGERY-PHOTOS.jpg

Link to article if the above isn't readable: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/14/h...c_n_423855.html

The girl has got serious body image issues. She's only 23 yet has had all these procedures done?? Imagine when she's *gasp* 35? When she reaches 30-40 and wants to maintain this appearance she is going to constantly be under the knife and at that point, she will have to say she's addicted. She's going to look like Joan Rivers in about five years. Mark my words.

Edited by Janie

I can barely make out what's been done. Neck liposuction? How, where? I could maybe see if she'd had that turkey wattle thing people get sometimes, but there is nothing there in the "before" photo.

It reminds me of that joke about the woman who's had all the face lifts and is complaining to her doctor about the fact that she now has a mustache and beard (think about it).

QUOTE (Mara @ Feb 11 2010, 01:53 PM)
I can barely make out what's been done. Neck liposuction? How, where? I could maybe see if she'd had that turkey wattle thing people get sometimes, but there is nothing there in the "before" photo.

It reminds me of that joke about the woman who's had all the face lifts and is complaining to her doctor about the fact that she now has a mustache and beard (think about it).

This thread is very interesting but the only thing I care about now is finally getting as physically fit as Mara just in case I need to beat her in a foot race to the beer!

I'll be working at it day and night at it from now on...

ph34r.gif

It is scary how young kids start getting this obsession about being fat. I will hold my hand up and admit I have a weight problem (but I'm working on it and have lost 28 lbs in the last 2 months) but even my son who is a fit, healthy slender 8 year old child comes home talking about "bad" food and not wanting to get fat. I was a terribly thin child/teen and worried my mother but I didn't try to loose weight, I was just naturally skinny and have made up for it since smile.gif

QUOTE (Angua @ Apr 14 2010, 08:35 AM)
It is scary how young kids start getting this obsession about being fat. I will hold my hand up and admit I have a weight problem (but I'm working on it and have lost 28 lbs in the last 2 months) but even my son who is a fit, healthy slender 8 year old child comes home talking about "bad" food and not wanting to get fat. I was a terribly thin child/teen and worried my mother but I didn't try to loose weight, I was just naturally skinny and have made up for it since smile.gif

sad.gif

That's part of the problem -- when foods are labeled as bad or good. I hate that. Food is food. Is some better for you than others? Of course. But bad v. good gives food this complex that makes people start to fear it and then problems start. When someone eats a "bad" food, then they say they've been bad, which just fills them with guilt. Not a good way to build self esteem IMO.

I know my mother was always on a diet growing up. (to this day, she is still talking about losing weight for my upcoming wedding..) It was shitty because when I hit puberty in all of 6th grade, I thought I was fat and wanted to join her on the diets. I would get on this old exercise bike in our basement and peddle away as fast as I could, hating every minute of it.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Aug 25 2009, 10:41 AM)
Seen on cnn.com - "Women are raving over Glamour's photo of size 12 model!" The tagline is: "Plus-size Model Madness."

It is a SAD state of affairs when a woman who wears size 12 is considered "plus-sized."

I usually wear 10's myself but an occasional 12, so I guess I'm plus-sized?

Craziness.

I wear 10-12. I have breasts, I have curves, I have a butt. All things that apparently make me plus sized. sarcasm.gif

I won't lie and say I don't want to lose a little belly fat. I do. I think every women occasionally feels self-conscience in this way.

However, my boyfriend is very happy with my body, and I am too. Twiggy has always been just....bizarre to me.