MJ Memorial Highlights?

Steevo

What a lovely cover of Human Nature smile.gif When Marlon spoke, or at least tried to, I was very sad for him sad.gif Then when Paris spoke, the first time I have ever heard her talk, she spoke so wonderfully of her Dad. To hear about Michael in words like hers was very moving and I balled my eyes out rose.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jul 7 2009, 05:49 PM)
Yes, well worth the millions of dollars we spent here in California on beefed up security, accomodations, etc. It's not like our fine state has anything better to be spending our money on.

wacko.gif

Don't worry.....I'm sure your government will raise taxes to get the money back. wink.gif

And then the quote in your sig will come into play.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jul 7 2009, 04:49 PM)
Yes, well worth the millions of dollars we spent here in California on beefed up security, accomodations, etc. It's not like our fine state has anything better to be spending our money on.

wacko.gif

Why does every thread have to turn into shite?? This was about the service and someones death. confused13.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Jul 7 2009, 06:21 PM)
Why does every thread have to turn into shite?? This was about the service and someones death. confused13.gif

And the 2 million tax payer dollars (at least) that it cost to do the funeral. No shite there, it's a serious issue.

If we the people are going to lay into politicians for misappropriating a few thousand dollars (read South Carolina governor), we certainly have the right to complain about millions coming out of the public treasury. The fact that you personally happen to agree with how the money was spent is not really the issue at all.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 7 2009, 05:55 PM)

And the 2 million tax payer dollars (at least) that it cost to do the funeral. No shite there, it's a serious issue.

If we the people are going to lay into politicians for misappropriating a few thousand dollars (read South Carolina governor), we certainly have the right to complain about millions coming out of the public treasury. The fact that you personally happen to agree with how the money was spent is not really the issue at all.

Yes but this thread is NOT about the security! The security issue is not Michael Jacksons fault. This thread is for those who wish to mourn a few words. Leave it to that.

Why do you have to turn it into the drama thread?

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 7 2009, 06:55 PM)

What the f**k does Sanford have to do with Michael Jackson's funeral? Keep the political shit in SOCN, and out of the rest of the forum.

I thought just about the entire memorial was very moving. And without a doubt, I thought what John Mayer did was just about the best of them all. What everyone else spoke of about Michael, he did with his guitar. It spoke so much.

QUOTE (Steevo @ Jul 7 2009, 03:34 PM)
So far from what I've seen this is what stood out the most. The reason why I love strats so much wub.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvrtuAmHHnI

John Mayer did a very good cover of Human Nature. It looked like he was gonna break down a few times while playing it too. It's just so sad. sad.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jul 7 2009, 07:32 PM)

What the f**k does Sanford have to do with Michael Jackson's funeral? Keep the political shit in SOCN, and out of the rest of the forum.

eyesre4.gif

1) Check the log, Beavis.....I didn't start the political reference, merely commented on it once it was brought up.

2) I could say much in my response to this post, but I am choosing to show restraint and leave it alone.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jul 7 2009, 09:48 PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7V4keHnMAA

This just made tear up seriously I'm crying right now. sad.gif

This part made me cry too. My biggest issue is why would his mourning daughter be mourning in front of billions? Poor girl, those were real tears sad.gif wub.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 7 2009, 11:34 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jul 7 2009, 07:32 PM)

eyesre4.gif

1) Check the log, Beavis.....I didn't start the political reference, merely commented on it once it was brought up.

2) I could say much in my response to this post, but I am choosing to show restraint and leave it alone.

smart boy wink.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Jul 7 2009, 11:35 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jul 7 2009, 09:48 PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7V4keHnMAA

This just made tear up seriously I'm crying right now. sad.gif

This part made me cry too. My biggest issue is why would his mourning daughter be mourning in front of billions? Poor girl, those were real tears sad.gif wub.gif

She probably felt it was something she had to do to say goodbye. My sister did something similar, she needed to do it. I never said anything at my dad's funeral, I did compose a piece of music for him tho. I just couldn't preform it on the day because I was just not really there.

Mayer did a fabulous job on Human Nature. It was reportedly one hell of a memorial. I didn't watch any part of it other than the John Mayer video, and the video of Paris Jackson saying good-bye to her daddy. My wife is currently watching a replay of it in our room. I can hear bits and pieces coming from my room.

My heart and prayers go out to his 3 children. I say forget about the negativity that had surrounded MJ from time to time in life. The fact remains that those 3 kids just lost their daddy, and that's a seriously heart wrenching tragedy.

R.I.P Michael.

QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Jul 7 2009, 11:02 PM)
Mayer did a fabulous job on Human Nature. It was reportedly one hell of a memorial. I didn't watch any part of it other than the John Mayer video, and the video of Paris Jackson saying good-bye to her daddy. My wife is currently watching a replay of it in our room. I can hear bits and pieces coming from my room.

My heart and prayers go out to his 3 children. I say forget about the negativity that had surrounded MJ from time to time in life. The fact remains that those 3 kids just lost their daddy, and that's a seriously heart wrenching tragedy.

R.I.P Michael.

goodpost.gif No...great post...

You hit the nail on the head...