The Official Camel thread

The Owl

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jan 19 2010, 06:59 PM)
Oh, and so I make Limey happy eyesre4.gif tongue.gif , I'm interested in getting some Camel. Give me the best album to start with, and I'll add it to my album list.

LOL!

You got it dude! You must get MOONMADNESS asap!!!

moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif moon.gif

laugh.gif

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jan 19 2010, 09:02 PM)
Oh, and so I make Limey happy  eyesre4.gif  tongue.gif , I'm interested in getting some Camel. Give me the best album to start with, and I'll add it to my album list.

LOL!

laugh.gif

Added to my list. Wow, I hadn't edited it in a while - since the end of November! Might be a while until I get it, as I want to get the rest of Muse's library as well as some Silversun Pickups so I'll know both bands' music when I see them in February. I'll see.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jan 19 2010, 07:53 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jan 19 2010, 09:02 PM)
Oh, and so I make Limey happy  eyesre4.gif  tongue.gif , I'm interested in getting some Camel. Give me the best album to start with, and I'll add it to my album list.

LOL!

laugh.gif

Added to my list. Wow, I hadn't edited it in a while - since the end of November! Might be a while until I get it, as I want to get the rest of Muse's library as well as some Silversun Pickups so I'll know both bands' music when I see them in February. I'll see.

Nice Tim! Make sure you pick up the remastered version of "Moonmadness" with the extra live tracks! It's a must!!

Has anyone any info on the DVD called "The Opening Farewell" that is supposed to be coming out........ The only thing I can see is on Camel's website, noting on Amazon or anything like that.... It has a great setlist...from their 2003 tour..

According to the website this was almost not released, Andrew Latimer was at one point in really bad health, and this recording from the last Ever Camel tour almost was not going to be released..... if it is out, or is out soon, I would appreciated any info.

I have recently heard this news, but it is kind of old news.....

Apparently Latimer's health has gotten really better as of late and Camel is going to record a new album ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

according to the Camel site and Latimer's Twitter

and the DVD I posted about above is only ordered through their site, but is being completed now..

Awesome stuff coming out of the Camel camp

I used to think Camel was a board game for adults.

This is what happens when you sniff glue.

You've taken that line from somewhere else.

It reminds me of a funny story from Bill Hicks actually.

He was saying that the war on drugs in New York City (in 1991) had really eased off. So much so that he would be walking about the city and he'd see guys shouting out the names of drugs like fruit vendors "Heroin! Heroin! Heroin!" "Crack Crack Crack!" So when Bill walked past these guys there they were shouting "Heroin, Heroin, Heroin!" "Crack Crack Crack!" but when they saw Bill coming along they all changed to "Glue Glue Glue!" he was like hey I like dressing like this, I can afford heroin! I'm gonna come back in 5 minutes and buy some to prove it!

He was saying that the war on drugs in New York City (in 1991) had really eased off. So much so that he would be walking about the city and he'd see guys shouting out the names of drugs like fruit vendors "Heroin! Heroin! Heroin!" "Crack Crack Crack!" So when Bill walked past these guys there they were shouting "Heroin, Heroin, Heroin!" "Crack Crack Crack!" but when they saw Bill coming along they all changed to "Glue Glue Glue!" he was like hey I like dressing like this, I can afford heroin! I'm gonna come back in 5 minutes and buy some to prove it!

Have I? I suppose I heard it somewhere.

Have I? I suppose I heard it somewhere.

Aye it seems familiar...