The Beatles' Remastered Discography

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Sep 8 2009, 10:26 PM)
I've decided I want to get the stereo boxset, but will all the stores be sold out of them from presales and stuff tomorrow?

That's what I saw on Amazon last night when I finished wrestling with the dilemma... should I buy.

I couldn't HELP! but to have some of that ROCK N ROLL MUSIC!

I caved in, I bought the stereo box set at QVC! I will receive it by 10/02/09 according to the email.

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

I've heard that if the sales of these remasters go as predicted, that The Beatles will be the hottest selling artist of the year.

And they've been split up for 39 years now.

Is that a tribute to the greatness of The Beatles, or a testimony of the extreme suck of today's music? Only you can decide.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Sep 9 2009, 06:52 AM)
I've heard that if the sales of these remasters go as predicted, that The Beatles will be the hottest selling artist of the year.

Is that a tribute to the greatness of The Beatles, or a testimony of the extreme suck of today's music? Only you can decide.

I find it hard to believe that simply remastering the Beatles catalog will have a bigger sales impact than the death of Michael Jackson.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 9 2009, 11:58 AM)
I'm still trying to decide whether to get the boxset or buy the albums separately

I'm still waiting to hear feedback for those rich enough to afford the upgrade as to whether the remasters are REALLY worth it.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Sep 9 2009, 03:34 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Sep 9 2009, 06:52 AM)

Is that a tribute to the greatness of The Beatles, or a testimony of the extreme suck of today's music?  Only you can decide.

I find it hard to believe that simply remastering the Beatles catalog will have a bigger sales impact than the death of Michael Jackson.

It will in the short term. I reckon you could see all Beatles albums in the UK/US Top 20 by next weekend.

In fact, what odds the stereo box entering the top 10? IT would be a first.

But, death sells and CBS will milk the Jackodeathcashcow for the Christmas market for all it's worth. Ghouls.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 9 2009, 11:17 AM)
QUOTE (Tom Sawyer @ Sep 9 2009, 01:12 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 9 2009, 08:58 AM)
I'm still trying to decide whether to get the boxset or buy the albums separately  confused13.gif  laugh.gif

The value is in the box set.

Yeah I'm thinking so too so I'm leaning that way more...

Are you talking about resale value? Because otherwise, buying on Amazon is for the most part cheaper if you're buying each disc individually than buying the box set. The box set I'm sure is very nice, but I think I'll buy a bunch individually, especially considering I have no interest in their pre-Rubber Soul albums.

I bought the stereo box set for $199 today. If each single-disc album is $12.99 and the White album and Past Masters are $16.99, that comes out to about $189. But the box set also comes with a DVD with mini-documentaries on the making of each album, and the box itself is really nice. I just got home and unwrapped it, and everything is totally first-class. Justifies the extra $10 IMO.

Of course, the box set is going to get way more expensive after the first week, so if you're planning on buying it this week, get the box, and if you're waiting until later you're probably better off buying them individually. You can't really go wrong either way. The packaging on the CDs is fantastic...I haven't even begun to start reading the liner essays but everything is packaged really well, and the CDs sound great from the few I've heard.

I got the boxset right when the store opened, but my friend just came from there not too long ago and said they only had one copy of Rubber Soul left and a couple early albums. Anyone else's local music stores sell out like this too?

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Sep 9 2009, 09:17 PM)
I bought the stereo box set for $199 today. If each single-disc album is $12.99 and the White album and Past Masters are $16.99, that comes out to about $189. But the box set also comes with a DVD with mini-documentaries on the making of each album, and the box itself is really nice. I just got home and unwrapped it, and everything is totally first-class. Justifies the extra $10 IMO.

Of course, the box set is going to get way more expensive after the first week, so if you're planning on buying it this week, get the box, and if you're waiting until later you're probably better off buying them individually. You can't really go wrong either way. The packaging on the CDs is fantastic...I haven't even begun to start reading the liner essays but everything is packaged really well, and the CDs sound great from the few I've heard.

More info pleeze!!! Mine arrives tomorrow. What songs have made you go "F*CKING HELL!!!"

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 9 2009, 01:32 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Sep 9 2009, 09:17 PM)

More info pleeze!!! Mine arrives tomorrow. What songs have made you go "F*CKING HELL!!!"

Give me an hour and I'll post some pictures of the box set. I'll listen to some stuff today and tell you what sounds amazing. The new Muse album just leaked so I might be busy with that. But I'll definitely post pictures of the box later today.

I'm still trying to decide whether to get the boxset or buy the albums separately  confused13.gif  laugh.gif

I just switched, I canceled QVC and order at Amazon. Saved 60 bucks that way... still won't see them for a couple weeks... oh well I'll listen the crappy mid eighties versions until then and then BAM! rock my socks wth the remasters when they do arrive!

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Sep 9 2009, 05:22 PM)
I got the boxset right when the store opened, but my friend just came from there not too long ago and said they only had one copy of Rubber Soul left and a couple early albums. Anyone else's local music stores sell out like this too?

The Best Buy near me was cleaned out of the stereo box set. They also sold out Rubber Soul, Revolver and the White Album.

I'm listening to Abbey Road right now. It sounds much more "cleaner" and "clearer".

I'm debating ordering the stereo box set from Amazon.

As promised, I took some pictures of my stereo box. Forgive the glare, I took them in 2 minutes with my Macbook's built-in camera.

Here's the front of the box:

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee77/seanhighkin/Photoon2009-09-09at1500.jpg

Here's how it opens, there's a magnet panel on the side.

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee77/seanhighkin/Photoon2009-09-09at1501.jpg

This is what it looks like on the inside, with the albums divided into two sections. They were individually shrinkwrapped when I first bought it.

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee77/seanhighkin/Photoon2009-09-09at15012.jpg

The empty box:

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee77/seanhighkin/Photoon2009-09-09at15013.jpg

All the albums laid out individually:

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee77/seanhighkin/Photoon2009-09-09at1502.jpg

Well worth the $199 if I do say so myself.

QUOTE (Tom Sawyer @ Sep 9 2009, 05:51 PM)

I just switched, I canceled QVC and order at Amazon. Saved 60 bucks that way... still won't see them for a couple weeks... oh well I'll listen the crappy mid eighties versions until then and then BAM! rock my socks wth the remasters when they do arrive!

Yeah man, amazon is the way. I had been checking on the stereo box, saw the price drop from like $207 to $199 then $179 over the course of a couple three weeks. Then almost two weeks ago now I was like, $179 sold! Except the day I pull the trigger is the day they sell out. I'm like whoa, sold out two weeks early? comp26.gif Who'da thunk it. The mono sold out way before the stereo. But I heard it would be back on the menu and available for order again starting today 9/9/09 and sure enough, I was able to add it to my cart this morning. cool.gif It was saying it wouldn't be delivered until late Sept or early Oct, but for $20+ savings I can wait. trink38.gif Beatles! trink39.gif

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Sep 9 2009, 03:22 PM)

I just went to the local Future Shop and got Rubber Soul, Sgt Peppers, Rovovler, and Abbey Road.......the shelves were pretty bare......those titles were almost sold out. Lots of all the others though.....

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 9 2009, 12:45 PM)

Are you talking about resale value? Because otherwise, buying on Amazon is for the most part cheaper if you're buying each disc individually than buying the box set. The box set I'm sure is very nice, but I think I'll buy a bunch individually, especially considering I have no interest in their pre-Rubber Soul albums.

I'm buying them individually.......no real interest in dumping $219 (CAN) or whatever it is on the box.........

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Sep 9 2009, 11:05 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 9 2009, 11:58 AM)
I'm still trying to decide whether to get the boxset or buy the albums separately

I'm still waiting to hear feedback for those rich enough to afford the upgrade as to whether the remasters are REALLY worth it.

Lots of Audiophiles are saying that they are excellent.......haven't had a chance to listen to mine yet......