Best 'Dance' Track

StuartBruce

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (greg2112 @ May 2 2009, 01:52 PM)
I'm going to have to say The Weapon.  Hell, Alex danced to it on both the signals and gup tours!

just because a guy who can not dance does it, does not make it a dance song tongue.gif

QUOTE (sanzo @ May 21 2009, 08:42 PM)
you can dance to Rush or just jump around which is as enjoyable, here I have a pic of me and other at a "rush" disco  biggrin.gif

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/sanzo2112/galway05.jpg

15/5/08  galway,Ireland

I think Big G's comments and Sanzo's photo nails it. To actually dance to, say, Scars would be butt-clenchingly embarrassing. Unspeakably naff. But this music isn't designed to be danced to.

However, some tracks do want to make you want to get up and move...but its more arms round each others shoulders sing-along stuff - which can be great bonding fun.

There's a great section Natural Science which goes. 'Woor, woor, woor, woor, wo, woor, woor ,woor worr' (oh, you know the bit) which is ideal for this.

Disco

PS It seems that only lads were at the Rush Disco then, who'd have thunk it?

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 21 2009, 09:15 PM)
QUOTE (greg2112 @ May 2 2009, 01:52 PM)
I'm going to have to say The Weapon.  Hell, Alex danced to it on both the signals and gup tours!

just because a guy who can not dance does it, does not make it a dance song tongue.gif

hehe yes, he has a very "special dancing style" laugh.gif

I always dance to Enemy Within and almost the whole debut album (except Working Man and Here Again...).

Well, they have A LOT of danceable songs actually. common001.gif

I think people mentioned most of the good danceable Rush tunes out there. Anything with a good beat can be danced/jammed to. It doesn't have to be in 4/4, either.

Big Money is a biggie

Time Stand Still is another

SCARS is huge

LTTA

Animate is perfect - just bump up the tempo a touch

and I think a whale of a jammin' dance tune is Malnar. But then again I also think Malnar should be used as the intro to a modern day Miami Vice episode as well.

All the others people mentioned work, too. Rush has more danceable tracks than you think. http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/69.gif

Archived