Why Neil is how he is with fans

Earthshine

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ May 11 2009, 06:12 PM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ May 11 2009, 04:18 PM)
Excuses, excuses.... I guess some of you will have to actually experience a NP steaming diarrhea dump on your head before you get it.  Maybe Neil is just sick of having so many thick fans.  Another thing you don't realize is that he'll only have more disdain and contempt for those overprotective of him and his psyche. 

Honestly, I really do want to like him, but he is too much. He really ought to seek out a psychotherapist that he wouldn't consider below him. Or take up the study of Buddhism.  It may shed light on his dark, cynical mindset.

Nobody gives a flying f**K about what you say anymore.

You have absolutely zero credibility on this forum.

This will be my last response to any of your posts.

haha. We both know that's not true.. trink39.gif

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ May 11 2009, 11:24 PM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ May 11 2009, 06:12 PM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ May 11 2009, 04:18 PM)
Excuses, excuses.... I guess some of you will have to actually experience a NP steaming diarrhea dump on your head before you get it.  Maybe Neil is just sick of having so many thick fans.  Another thing you don't realize is that he'll only have more disdain and contempt for those overprotective of him and his psyche. 

Honestly, I really do want to like him, but he is too much. He really ought to seek out a psychotherapist that he wouldn't consider below him. Or take up the study of Buddhism.  It may shed light on his dark, cynical mindset.

Nobody gives a flying f**K about what you say anymore.

You have absolutely zero credibility on this forum.

This will be my last response to any of your posts.

haha. We both know that's not true.. trink39.gif

http://pics.bikerag.com/Uploads/data/500/258Troll_spray.jpg

QUOTE (naturalsciences101 @ May 11 2009, 11:32 PM)
Why is everyone trying to absolve him of responsibility for his treatment of the lessers?

Why not seriously entertain the possibility that Neil Peart thinks you all are Ass Burgers?

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/asshole.jpg

lol. Yet, I do get that vibe from watching interviews and readin' stuff of his...The vibe that he thinks less of the non-musical elite. Could be that he's just a tad stoic and is ill-equipped to express himself with emotion...It takes all different shapes and sizes. Not everyone can an extreme extrovert like Dee Snider or Ted Nugent.

And, I'm sure this has been mentioned already, but I always thought that the sentiments spoken in 'Limelight' were truly profound. Like, when he says that all fans are little gnats...Wait a second, he doesn't say that at all.

He says. "One must put up barriers to keep onself intact."....While, at the same time, saying, "I have no heart to lie. I can't pretend a stranger is a long-awaited friend." This last line. I thought that this last line was a perfect, poetic way of stating something that otherwise, in less apt hands, might come across as totally disrespectful.

QUOTE (naturalsciences101 @ May 11 2009, 10:32 PM)
Why is everyone trying to absolve him of responsibility for his treatment of the lessers?

Why not seriously entertain the possibility that Neil Peart thinks you all are Ass Burgers?

lmao. I knew there was an objective Rush fan somewhere. cosmo.gif

QUOTE (naturalsciences101 @ May 11 2009, 07:32 PM)

I've entertained the notion, but I won't give it any credibility without 1) a reason to believe it, and 2) a reason to give a shit.

But don't let reasoning skills get in the way of some OUTRAGED INTERNET RAINTING.

edit: just saw your post, never mind then. The above still applies to our good friend GeminiRising though.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ May 12 2009, 12:14 AM)
QUOTE (naturalsciences101 @ May 11 2009, 10:32 PM)

lmao. I knew there was an objective Rush fan somewhere. cosmo.gif

http://pics.bikerag.com/Uploads/data/500/258Troll_spray.jpg

QUOTE (naturalsciences101 @ May 11 2009, 11:10 PM)
lol.  Yet, I do get that vibe from watching interviews and readin' stuff of his...The vibe that he thinks less of the non-musical elite.  Could be that he's just a tad stoic and is ill-equipped to express himself with emotion...It takes all different shapes and sizes.  Not everyone can an extreme extrovert like Dee Snider or Ted Nugent.

And, I'm sure this has been mentioned already, but I always thought that the sentiments spoken in 'Limelight' were truly profound. Like, when he says that all fans are little gnats...Wait a second, he doesn't say that at all. 

He says. "One must put up barriers to keep onself intact."....While, at the same time, saying, "I have no heart to lie.  I can't pretend a stranger is a long-awaited friend."  This last line.  I thought that this last line was a perfect, poetic way of stating something that otherwise, in less apt hands, might come across as totally disrespectful.

Once again, I agree with you here, and I too felt that the lyrics of Limelight were obnoxious and pretentious.

Cast in this unlikely role (NP cast himself there)

Ill-equipped to "act" (Be yourself, stupid)

With insufficient tact (comes with being antisocial)

One must put up barriers (a weak person who can't adapt to change)

To keep oneself intact (can't face his own reality)

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ May 12 2009, 12:32 AM)
lol.  Yet, I do get that vibe from watching interviews and readin' stuff of his...The vibe that he thinks less of the non-musical elite.  Could be that he's just a tad stoic and is ill-equipped to express himself with emotion...It takes all different shapes and sizes.  Not everyone can an extreme extrovert like Dee Snider or Ted Nugent.

He says. "One must put up barriers to keep onself intact."....While, at the same time, saying, "I have no heart to lie.  I can't pretend a stranger is a long-awaited friend."  This last line.  I thought that this last line was a perfect, poetic way of stating something that otherwise, in less apt hands, might come across as totally disrespectful.

Once again, I agree with you here, and I too felt that the lyrics of Limelight were obnoxious and pretentious.

Ill-equipped to act (Be yourself, stupid)

One must put up barriers (a pathetic person who can't adapt to change)

To keep oneself intact (He can't face his own reality)

"Obnoxious and pretentious" applies more to your interpretations of those lyrics than the lyrics themselves. Just so you know. wink.gif

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ May 11 2009, 11:32 PM)

moon.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 11 2009, 11:35 PM)

"Obnoxious and pretentious" applies more to your interpretations of those lyrics than the lyrics themselves. Just so you know. wink.gif

At least you're admitting that they are indeed obnoxious and pretentious.

http://pics.bikerag.com/Uploads/data/500/258Troll_spray.jpghttp://pics.bikerag.com/Uploads/data/500/258Troll_spray.jpghttp://pics.bikerag.com/Uploads/data/500/258Troll_spray.jpghttp://pics.bikerag.com/Uploads/data/500/258Troll_spray.jpg

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ May 12 2009, 12:37 AM)

You'd like to think that, but no, I'm not saying that at all. Sorry.

At least you're admitting that I am obnoxious and pretentious.

yes.gif goodpost.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 11 2009, 11:39 PM)

Re-read your post and reinterpret.

Whoah. You're talking about being objective one minute and then you're interposing all these ideas that can not be taken from an objective reading of those lyrics. You must be kidding, yes?

QUOTE (naturalsciences101 @ May 12 2009, 12:42 AM)

Whoah. You're talking about being objective one minute and then you're interposing all these ideas that can not be taken from an objective reading of those lyrics. You must be kidding, yes?

http://kromeblog.kromeboy.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/dont-feed-troll.jpg

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ May 12 2009, 12:39 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 11 2009, 11:39 PM)

Re-read your post and reinterpret.

I know what my post says. I'm the one who wrote it. smile.gif

If you feel the need to misinterpret others posts to fit your arguments go right ahead. Notice how so few are taking your posts seriously. And don't give me the "Well, this site is full of fanbois" crap because we have more than our share of "Neil is a snob" people here.

Archived