MLB Hot Stove League 08/09

Arndrake

So, what is the consensus for the Yanks' signings? I think they got better but I'm still thinking they are in the middle of the pack.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Dec 14 2008, 07:15 PM)
So, what is the consensus for the Yanks' signings? I think they got better but I'm still thinking they are in the middle of the pack.

They have no outfield with a roster full of aging DH's. Until they get younger and more athletic they will not contend. They really do need a good young centerfielder.

Now the Damn Yankees are eyeing Texiera, but most likely will not be able to sign him. If this is a ploy to force his price up for whoever does sign him, which right now appears to be either the Red Sox, Orioles, or Nationals, thus preventing them from having capital available to sign or re-sign anybody else, it's a good one.

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Dec 15 2008, 03:52 PM)
Now the Damn Yankees are eyeing Texiera, but most likely will not be able to sign him. If this is a ploy to force his price up for whoever does sign him, which right now appears to be either the Red Sox, Orioles, or Nationals, thus preventing them from having capital available to sign or re-sign anybody else, it's a good one.

Why wouldn't the Yankees be able to sign him?

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Dec 15 2008, 05:32 PM)

While the BoSox have been able to priduce $$$, the Yanks have the deepest pockets of all. They have the ability to sign him. It's a question of whether, he and Scott Boras works better. Both MD teams have a good shot at it. The Sox are reported to put an offer somewhere in the 8 year $160 mill range. Epstein will not divulge nor will Boras, but there were some citings to getting 'inside' information.

This will be a long & drawn out process which Bore-ass is great at. I'm just now sure who Texeira will end up.

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Dec 16 2008, 01:33 PM)

While the BoSox have been able to priduce $$$, the Yanks have the deepest pockets of all. They have the ability to sign him. It's a question of whether, he and Scott Boras works better. Both MD teams have a good shot at it. The Sox are reported to put an offer somewhere in the 8 year $160 mill range. Epstein will not divulge nor will Boras, but there were some citings to getting 'inside' information.

This will be a long & drawn out process which Bore-ass is great at. I'm just now sure who Texeira will end up.

The sports media down here refers to Boras as the "Great Satan" laugh.gif laugh.gif And the Yankees are the "Evil Empire" laugh.gif

I agree with you though. This will be a long drawn out process with astronomical numbers.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Dec 16 2008, 02:44 PM)

The sports media down here refers to Boras as the "Great Satan" laugh.gif laugh.gif And the Yankees are the "Evil Empire" laugh.gif

I agree with you though. This will be a long drawn out process with astronomical numbers.

The Yanks have always been known as the 'Evil Empire' here in New England! Some may say that Because the BoSox have won two & have deep pockets too, that they are the new Evil Empire. However, Evil Empire is a play on words....

Empire State Building? New York. That was the idea, I believe. So, there can only be one Evil Empire-The New York Yankees tongue.gif

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Dec 16 2008, 01:51 PM)

The Yanks have always been known as the 'Evil Empire' here in New England! Some may say that Because the BoSox have won two & have deep pockets too, that they are the new Evil Empire. However, Evil Empire is a play on words....

Empire State Building? New York. That was the idea, I believe. So, there can only be one Evil Empire-The New York Yankees tongue.gif

I guess you could be referred to as the "Beanie Meanies" Rock me! *buzzer sound at the end of a period in basketball*

Pretty lame I know tongue.gif

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Dec 16 2008, 03:26 PM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Dec 16 2008, 01:51 PM)

I guess you could be referred to as the "Beanie Meanies" Rock me! *buzzer sound at the end of a period in basketball*

Pretty lame I know tongue.gif

rofl3.gif It's still a good try.

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Dec 14 2008, 07:15 PM)

Yes. I agree. Big deal. Their pitching is not what hurt then last year. It was the third baseman. Remove him and the Yankees are much much much better.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Dec 17 2008, 02:28 PM)
Just the very fact that the Yankees are showing interest in Manny is a joke. 75 friggin mill I heard.
I'll be right back. 062802puke_prv.gif
That felt good.

Manny Ramirez is a jackass but still a very good player. As the Phillies beat the Didgers he kept on hitting and getting on base. If I had bottomless pockets Id pick him up for a year. smile.gif smile.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 17 2008, 07:49 PM)
Just the very fact that the Yankees are showing interest in Manny is a joke.  75 friggin mill I heard. 
I'll be right back.  062802puke_prv.gif
That felt good.

Manny Ramirez is a jackass but still a very good player. As the Phillies beat the Didgers he kept on hitting and getting on base. If I had bottomless pockets Id pick him up for a year. smile.gif smile.gif

For one year, sign me up. Anything more than a 2 year deal is a mistake. I think he's looking for a 4-5 year deal. If he gets it, it will be his last big pay day. He'll have no incentive to play hard. He's that type of player.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Dec 17 2008, 07:58 PM)
Just the very fact that the Yankees are showing interest in Manny is a joke.  75 friggin mill I heard. 
That felt good.

For one year, sign me up. Anything more than a 2 year deal is a mistake. I think he's looking for a 4-5 year deal. If he gets it, it will be his last big pay day. He'll have no incentive to play hard. He's that type of player.

Agreed 100%. Plus he beats up old guys smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Dec 17 2008, 09:19 PM)
Actually this interest in Manny shouldn't come as a surprise to me or anyone. Remember a few years back when the Yankees were desperate, and they went out a signed a 44 year old Clemens for 28 million? I think it was 28 Mill for 4 months, or 7 million a month.
That was hilarious.

The interest in Manny is because hes a good ball player. Look, they had to get rid of him, but the fact is, he *could* have made a difference against the Rays (if the team and staff didnt kill him first).

Long term deal though, yeah, no way, but he can play ball.

Did I mention I think hes a douche? smile.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 17 2008, 09:53 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Dec 17 2008, 09:19 PM)
Actually this interest in Manny shouldn't come as a surprise to me or anyone.  Remember a few years back when the Yankees were desperate, and they went out a signed a 44 year old Clemens for 28 million?  I think it was 28 Mill for 4 months, or 7 million a month.
That was hilarious.

The interest in Manny is because hes a good ball player. Look, they had to get rid of him, but the fact is, he *could* have made a difference against the Rays (if the team and staff didnt kill him first).

Long term deal though, yeah, no way, but he can play ball.

Did I mention I think hes a douche? smile.gif

I'm not against Manny playing for the Yankees, it's just the whole thing about the Yankees paying a zillion bucks for 2 pitchers, and now they are coming back and talking about signing Manny who won't be cheap.

It makes me sick.

Thanks for mentioning that you think he's a douche. I agree. smile.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Dec 17 2008, 10:33 PM)
Listening to some of these Yankee fans on sports radio is unbelievable.
Now they're calling up and saying how much they hate Manny, but wouldn't be against him coming to the Yankees because A-ROD needs protection in the lineup. Are you f*cking kidding me?

They must mean during the play-offs! laugh.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 17 2008, 08:59 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Dec 17 2008, 07:58 PM)
That felt good.

Agreed 100%. Plus he beats up old guys smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Dec 17 2008, 11:33 PM)
Listening to some of these Yankee fans on sports radio is unbelievable.
Now they're calling up and saying how much they hate Manny, but wouldn't be against him coming to the Yankees because A-ROD needs protection in the lineup. Are you f*cking kidding me?

Typical. Trust me. Only a one year deal or a trade for playoffs, is when Manny plays, after that, Manny becomes Manny. If he signed with the Yanks, the first year would be murder for the BoSox, then by his second year, he'd miss a routine flyball, intercept a throw to third, go pee behind the wall in Yankee Stadium, rub A-rod's head (keep it clean here!), jog to first on a one hopper to third, take three straight strikes from a rival team's pitcher.....Yeah, he's that good!

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Dec 18 2008, 05:10 PM)
245 million dollar smiles!

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee138/ReRushed/ccsmiles.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee138/ReRushed/ajwide.jpg

something tells me they will not be so happy in oct

Archived