What is your Favorite Cereal??

vital signz

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Nov 14 2008, 06:44 AM)
QUOTE (Marathonist @ Nov 14 2008, 09:40 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 14 2008, 08:57 AM)
Cereal! I'm all about cereal! I love cereal.

I tend to go for the healthier stuff. Even as a kid I never liked the sugary kinds; however, I do have Frosted Mini Wheats and Cinnamon Life in the pantry and that's about as close to sugar cereals as I get. Honey Bunches of Oats is good (regular kind and the one with almonds), Cheerios and Special K are top two favorites but my absolute favorite atm is Raisin Nut Bran.

*snicker*

Raisin Nut Bran.

Gimme my healthy, boring bran cereal. Crunchy Corn Bran is good too. It tastes good dammit!! Braaaaan. And it stays super crunchy for a long time which is a plus. Speaking of, do they still make that Grape Nugget Pellet-like Ruin-Your-Dental-Work cereal? You would have to let that stuff sit and soak for like two days before being able to eat it.

Grape Nuts are indeed still on the market. We call those "Dad cereal", because when I was growing up, Dad was the only one who risked his fillings on them.

Just curious: how can anyone eat f*ckin' Cheerios? The plain kind, I mean. They are distinguished only by their complete and utter lack of flavor. It's not just that they have no sugar; they have no TASTE, period! Still, someone gets it, because they sure are popular.

I like regular Cheerios...because...I like the way they taste. especially with sliced bananas! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Dissed by Marathonist.

tongue.gif

I LOVE plain Cheerios. Truth be told though, I do put a little sugar on them sometimes and use whole milk. It does make them taste better.

I like my breakfast foods simple. I get more complex with my food as the day goes on. wink.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 14 2008, 09:52 AM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Nov 14 2008, 06:44 AM)
QUOTE (Marathonist @ Nov 14 2008, 09:40 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 14 2008, 08:57 AM)
Cereal! I'm all about cereal! I love cereal.

I tend to go for the healthier stuff. Even as a kid I never liked the sugary kinds; however, I do have Frosted Mini Wheats and Cinnamon Life in the pantry and that's about as close to sugar cereals as I get. Honey Bunches of Oats is good (regular kind and the one with almonds), Cheerios and Special K are top two favorites but my absolute favorite atm is Raisin Nut Bran.

*snicker*

Raisin Nut Bran.

Gimme my healthy, boring bran cereal. Crunchy Corn Bran is good too. It tastes good dammit!! Braaaaan. And it stays super crunchy for a long time which is a plus. Speaking of, do they still make that Grape Nugget Pellet-like Ruin-Your-Dental-Work cereal? You would have to let that stuff sit and soak for like two days before being able to eat it.

Grape Nuts are indeed still on the market. We call those "Dad cereal", because when I was growing up, Dad was the only one who risked his fillings on them.

Just curious: how can anyone eat f*ckin' Cheerios? The plain kind, I mean. They are distinguished only by their complete and utter lack of flavor. It's not just that they have no sugar; they have no TASTE, period! Still, someone gets it, because they sure are popular.

I like regular Cheerios...because...I like the way they taste. especially with sliced bananas! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Dissed by Marathonist.

tongue.gif

I LOVE plain Cheerios. Truth be told though, I do put a little sugar on them sometimes and use whole milk. It does make them taste better.

I like my breakfast foods simple. I get more complex with my food as the day goes on. wink.gif

Not dissin' ya, J! tongue.gif It's just that Cheerios are one of those phenomena I truly don't understand.

I remember spending a summer at my great-aunt's, and every morning breakfast was burnt toast, eggs (my most-despised food ever), bacon, and the dreaded O's. My aunt never seemed to notice that I EMPTIED the damn sugar bowl onto my Cheerios so that I could choke them down. Basically, I existed on bacon from 9am until lunchtime every day.

wasn't this topic already done before?

maybe it was a poll or something. but i know it's been done before...

anyway.... currently i can be found occasionally enjoy a bowl of Kashi's Autumn Wheat cereal.

Cereal for Dinner:

Total

Cheerios (regular or multigrain)

Special K with Berries

Quaker Corn Bran (that is actually good if you can find it)

Kashi Heart to Heart

Raisin Bran (K's)

Oatmeal

Cereal for Snacking:

Honeycomb (reg or chocolate)

Cookie Crisp (choc. chip)

CCrunch with Crunchberries

Frosted Flakes

Cocoa Puffs

Oreo Cereal (don't know if it's still out there)

King Vitamin

Apple Jacks

Life

Chocolate Chex

The marshmallow cereals freak me out - they're like little styrofoam pellets - yuckpoo - thanks, but no thanks. laugh.gif

Archived