GEDDY CRUSHES

rushgoddess

HELLO THIS IS THE RUSHGODDESS,

MOST OF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD FROM ME YET, I WAS ON A FORUM BACK ON GEDDYLEE.NET, BEFORE NEILS COMEBACK AND I RECOGNIZE ALOT OF YOU.

I'M A CANADIAN LIVING IN SAN DIEGO AND I HELPED BRING RUSH TO SO CAL ON MY FIRST VISIT IN 1976. TO DATE I'VE BEEN TO 91 RUSH CONCERTS (TRYING FOR 100) AND 42 OF THEM HAVE BEEN IN THE FIRST 3 ROWS. MY FRIENDS STARTED CALLING MY THE RUSHGODDESS AROUND 1984 AND THE NAME STUCK.

WHAT I AM WONDERING ABOUT IS YOUR STORY, HOW DID IT HAPPEN?

WHEN DID YOU FIRST KNOW YOU LOVED GEDDY?

FOR ME IT WAS IN 8TH GRADE AND I FIRST HEARD 2112, THAT VOICE!!

"DON'T ANNOY US FURTHER, WE HAVE OUR WORK TO DO!" tHAT GOT TO ME I'D NEVER HEARD ANYONE SING LIKE THAT BEFORE! i LOVED IT RIGHT AWAY. i NEVER COULD UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE DIDN'T LIKE HIS SINGING. WHAT INSTILLED MY "DEVOTEDNESS", WAS MY FIRST RUSH CONCERT.WHEN I SAW HIM PLAY I KNEW I WANTED TO BE A BASS PLAYER.

gosh--GeddyLee.net--that was so long ago! But that's where I started my online RUSH journey too! welcome! bekloppt.gif

I dont think it was a moment...it happened over time, each experience made me appreciate them more and more.

I think initially Geddy became my "favorite" by default, because he was the voice.

Hi rushgoddess....

It happened for me in Junior high.

When I got to high school I met a gal who loved Geddy too!

We were like two peas in a pod laugh.gif

Tina, was/is her name. I haven't seen her for years sad.gif

We used to write down Rush lyrics and have discussions about them in art class laugh.gif And, drool over Geddy, of course smile.gif wub.gif

My love for Geddy started about 18 years ago in my Freshman year of college, at my very first Rush concert on 4/20/90, at Brenden Byrne Arena in East Rutherford, NJ (which coincidentally started me on the path to Rush fandom as well)...

Although I think there had always been an underlying lust for him (I had seen the Rush vids on MTV), as I knew his name, but not Alex or Neil's, and had to ask my sister for them, and that's when I became a full fledged Rush fan for life, but more importantly, a Geddy Gal!

Oh and BTW:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y114/DahniLovesSquire/20-1.gif rushgoddess!! biggrin.gif

Hmm...for me...I assume there was always some underlying lust there, once I was old enough to have those emotions, but I really began to notice him first leg of the Snakes and Arrows tour.

I was in 6th grade when 2112 came out and that album did it for me. His voice was so captivating and then I saw pics of him with long hair and leather pants and there was no going back wub.gif

Mine started when I went to my first Rush concert. I had listened to them casually before then, my husband was (and is) a big fan and had been slowly introducing me to them. (This was about a year and a half ago) and at that point, I had never seen a photo of any of the guys in the band.

Once the concert started and I saw Geddy, my mouth just dropped. I even leaned over to my husband and told him "the vocalist is kind of cute!" (understatement). And it snowballed from there haha.

Oh and Gypsy Owl, I just *have* to tell you, your avatar makes me very happy. biggrin.gif wub.gif

I was on GL.net as well...One of the original Geddy's hot gals! (I was a different name back then, though.) bekloppt.gif

When did my attraction for Geddy emerge? It was March 22, 1994. (Holy cow, I just realized that was exactly - to the day - 10 years before my first daughter was born! Probably close to the same time, as she was born at 7:59 pm on 3/22/04.)

I took my then fiancee, now my husband, to see them at the Palace of Auburn Hills in Michigan. I'd been a Rush fan for a long time prior to that. But it was at that concert that I thought to myself "Hm, he sure does fill out those jeans pretty well." And it's only grown since then.

QUOTE (VampireBiscuits @ Oct 27 2008, 01:37 AM)
Oh and Gypsy Owl, I just *have* to tell you, your avatar makes me very happy.  biggrin.gif  wub.gif

Ah yes, him. It's good to know I'm not the only Spock lover in the world. But I suppose that's a topic for another thread.

I suppose there is some connection though. Both Geddy and Leonard Nimoy are Jewish, and both have...prominent...noses. Anyways...

QUOTE (gypsy_owl @ Oct 27 2008, 04:13 PM)
QUOTE (VampireBiscuits @ Oct 27 2008, 01:37 AM)
Oh and Gypsy Owl, I just *have* to tell you, your avatar makes me very happy.  biggrin.gif  wub.gif

Ah yes, him. It's good to know I'm not the only Spock lover in the world. But I suppose that's a topic for another thread.

I suppose there is some connection though. Both Geddy and Leonard Nimoy are Jewish, and both have...prominent...noses. Anyways...

Haha thats true I havnt thought about it that way before (don't forget their beautiful voices haha). And 'Spock lover' would be an understatment. My apartment is crowded with Spock memorabilia (and really anything to do with Nimoy in general). But like you said, thats a whole different thread haha. laugh.gif

Twice, really, my Geddy Crush came in two parts!

When I was 9, and I heard Tom Sawyer on the car radio. I fell sooooo in love with that voice... and so began a loooonggggg search. Yes, I was one of the unlucky ones to live in a town that seemed to have no freaking clue. Record stores.?. No luck. Friends.?. Never heard of the song (I never caught Mr.D.J. telling us who sang the song, so I had to get creative in my quest...) I even called up the radio station for some info, but again... dead end.

Years, I lived with that song in my head, and no one seemed to know it.

I thought I had imagined it.

Until... goodness... like 20 years later! (Had it really been so long.?.)

Watching TV (how I love DirecTV!!!) and an ad for the Freeview concert, A Show Of Hands! They would be showing every weekend of that March! And yes, the song they played for the ad was, in fact, Tom Sawyer!

I looked up at the first notes when that ad aired, and that's when I fell in love again! That voice, from that face! Could life get any better?

Yes. That Freeview was the opening of the floodgates! That's when I found a treasure trove of Rush disks in the stores (where had they been hiding up 'til then?) And the music I heard... and the pictures...

And then finding these boards dedicated to the boys... and oh, so many pics...

heart.gif heart.gif wub.gif heart.gif drool1.gif wub.gif wub.gif

GODDESS....WELCOME!! trink39.gif

as for me, being a dude, I haven't had the opportunity to love Geddy yet... nor would I want to... not that there's anything wrong with that! tongue.gif

Archived