Music Awards

DonnaWanna

& feelin old unsure.gif

i dont know 1/2 the bands they speak of.

maybe i shouldnt set my radio to a classic rock

& Alternative music station? confused13.gif

QUOTE (Alex @ Sep 8 2008, 01:27 PM)
These days winning one of those awards has nothing to do with your talent no.gif

applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif Oh how right you are Alex.

I haven't watched a music award show of any type in ages.

They don't mean much, if anything anymore.

I happened to be channel surfing once a few years back, and the announcer was rattling off a list of names...

never heard of most of them!

Showing my age, but I wouldn't know most of today's hot pop favorites. And from the little I've (over)heard, I'm not missing anything.

I've never cared for awards shows anyway. As Alex correctly stated, they have absolutely no basis in talent or originality.

I don't know much about Rhianna, but a commercial (Circuit City?)recently shows this kid mesmerized by a Rhianna video and he begins to say "she's so...." and this girl who walks up next to him completes the sentence by saying "...talented? yeah, she's pretty hot too".

Talented? AT WHAT? huh.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Sep 8 2008, 08:53 AM)
I don't know much about Rhianna, but a commercial (Circuit City?)recently shows this kid mesmerized by a Rhianna video and he begins to say "she's so...." and this girl who walks up next to him completes the sentence by saying "...talented? yeah, she's pretty hot too".

Talented? AT WHAT? huh.gif

Looking like a slut and lip-synching for a music video.

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Sep 7 2008, 08:27 PM)
& feelin old  unsure.gif
& Alternative music station?  confused13.gif

We are the same age - I did watch it last night - unsure.gif I didn't know who half of these people were either - and I was glad, because - and here's where my age shows - that stuff was not music, it was crap - if anyone missed it, you did not miss out on anything - trust me!

I kept switching back to Comedy Central anyway - I can watch Gaffigan: Beyond the Pale a million times - no problem.... music.gif Hot Pockets music.gif

QUOTE (librarian @ Sep 8 2008, 11:54 AM)
& feelin old  unsure.gif

We are the same age - I did watch it last night - unsure.gif I didn't know who half of these people were either - and I was glad, because - and here's where my age shows - that stuff was not music, it was crap - if anyone missed it, you did not miss out on anything - trust me!

I kept switching back to Comedy Central anyway - I can watch Gaffigan: Beyond the Pale a million times - no problem.... music.gif Hot Pockets music.gif

i wasnt really watchin it, It was on while i was playin

scrabble online, But i Was waitin to see the Foo fighters.

I coulda swarn i heard they would be playin confused13.gif

But didnt see em if they did play sad.gif

& BTW who the f**k was that british guy that hosted??

wadda annoyin fucktard wacko.gif

@ 1st i thought it was that "VJ" years ago that got picked

Jessie? i think his name was??

i duno..im just bummed i missed the Fooz sad.gif

You heard right - They did say the Foo Fighters were going to play - and I don't think they were there...

Have not watched since the 90's.

I think its ridiculous how there making such a big deal of the fact Britney Spears looked so good, lost weight, has real hair, and wasn't high as a kite.

Big freakin deal ? wacko.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Sep 8 2008, 02:24 PM)
Have not watched since the 90's.
I think its ridiculous how there making such a big deal of the fact Britney Spears looked so good, lost weight, has real hair, and wasn't high as a kite.
Big freakin deal ? wacko.gif

goodpost.gif Then again I'm not a celebrity watcher. Never have been. I have my own life and real friends to be concerned with.

QUOTE (librarian @ Sep 8 2008, 10:54 AM)
& feelin old  unsure.gif

Just be glad you don't have to listen to that crap everyday. When your in highschool the music you hear can get a LITTLE anoying.

hot pockets tongue.gif

QUOTE (different strings @ Sep 8 2008, 03:32 AM)
These days winning one of those awards has nothing to do with your talent no.gif

applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif Oh how right you are Alex.

The worst is the Teen Choice Awards 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (Alex @ Sep 8 2008, 05:04 PM)
QUOTE (different strings @ Sep 8 2008, 03:32 AM)

The worst is the Teen Choice Awards 062802puke_prv.gif

062802puke_prv.gif yes.gif

Archived