Question about Geddy's son

safetygirl2112

Wow! Thanks for the replies everyone! Maybe they let Julian sit on the missle during the video shoot, but he wasn't the exact child star in the video? I don't know. I want to believe it was him and the quote in Chemistry seems to suggest it.

So, does anyone have pics of Julian and/or Nancy? I would love to see them. What an awesome husband and father Geddy must be! ((sigh)) heart.gif heart.gif wub.gif wub.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ged and Nancy

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/rushnroll/gednancy.jpg

I think over on CP someone had pics of Julian from when he was going around with his dad for the MFH signing tour.

The boy in the DEW video is NOT Julian as confirmed by Geddy himself in an interview. I will find a link to it, give me some time

Edit: and here is the link CLICK and if you are pressed for time, just read the comments on the RIAB right under the Rockline Interview link regarding Julian.

PassTheAmmunition, I think that Rockline interview is older than the info in Chemistry.

I would guess that the band originally denied it to protect Ged's family. Once Julian was an adult, I guess they decided it was ok to reveal the truth.

They also have always said it's not them playing the 3 crewmen on the plane, but I think it is and I think it's Ged who picks Julian up and sets him on the bomb. I'll post a screen cap in a bit to show why I think that. smile.gif

QUOTE (rnrgal @ Aug 18 2008, 10:06 PM)
PassTheAmmunition, I think that Rockline interview is older than the info in Chemistry.

Well, the Rockline Interview is from May 9, 2007. And the publish date for the 'Chemistry' publication is January 15, 2006

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ Aug 18 2008, 11:38 PM)
WOW...If that isn't Nancy, then who is it??? *scratches Head*

z7shysterical.gif

I don't know. I saw and posted that picture last year and I thought it was probably Nancy because it doesn't look like a "with a fan" sort of picture, and someone posted that it isn't her. I don't know for sure whether it is or isn't, but somewhere in the Ged thread there's a picture of Geddy, Nancy and baby Julian from 1980 or so, and it doesn't look like the same woman.

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Aug 19 2008, 10:04 AM)

z7shysterical.gif

I don't know. I saw and posted that picture last year and I thought it was probably Nancy because it doesn't look like a "with a fan" sort of picture, and someone posted that it isn't her. I don't know for sure whether it is or isn't, but somewhere in the Ged thread there's a picture of Geddy, Nancy and baby Julian from 1980 or so, and it doesn't look like the same woman.

It's obviously taken at a venue somewhere, because I see badges (you can see Geddy's lanyard). The unidentified woman doesn't have a badge or a sticker from a meet & greet that we can see. . .

Just a guess, but I'm thinking that Nancy would've been given one of the laminated badges for backstage access.

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Aug 19 2008, 11:04 AM)

z7shysterical.gif

Yeah, I happen to have that pic in the Visions book, and I agree, it doesn't look like the same women to me either..

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ Aug 19 2008, 04:25 PM)

z7shysterical.gif

Yeah, I happen to have that pic in the Visions book, and I agree, it doesn't look like the same women to me either..

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/rushnroll/scan_01.jpg

The scoop I heard on the first pic I posted was that that is Ged and Nancy at a charity wine-tasting event, but that could be wrong.

On the other hand, the pics were taken like 25 years or so apart. A person's looks can change a lot in that amount of time.

Discuss amongst yourselves, I bow out. wacko.gif

Well, the Rockline Interview is from May 9, 2007. And the publish date for the 'Chemistry' publication is January 15, 2006

OK, I stand corrected. smile.gif Just odd, though, because the guy who wrote Chemistry claims to have directly interviewed the people close to the band who are quoted in the book. Seems weird that Julian would make up a story to tell this guy. confused13.gif

oh, here's why I think the band is in the DEW video. First of all, this just looks like Neil to me.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/rushnroll/dewshot2.jpg

Second of all, look closely at the face of the guy on the viewer's right. Especially compared to the guy on the left, he seems to have a rather prominent probosis doesn't he? Like a certain bass player? confused13.gif

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/rushnroll/dewshot.jpg

I think it's the boys, in "stage formation", Alex on the left, Neil in the middle and toward the back, and Ged on the right.

Or I could be totally full of it. cool10.gif

They'll never tell us! laugh.gif I think the guys like to mess with the fans' minds from time to time. Rush humor - just as the won't tell why every concert for 25+ tours started with the 3 Stooges theme music.

QUOTE (rnrgal @ Aug 19 2008, 09:25 PM)

z7shysterical.gif

The scoop I heard on the first pic I posted was that that is Ged and Nancy at a charity wine-tasting event, but that could be wrong.

On the other hand, the pics were taken like 25 years or so apart. A person's looks can change a lot in that amount of time.

OK, I stand corrected. smile.gif Just odd, though, because the guy who wrote Chemistry claims to have directly interviewed the people close to the band who are quoted in the book. Seems weird that Julian would make up a story to tell this guy. confused13.gif

I understood that it was NOT Nancy. I realize peeps change over the years but look at the early photo with the baby and look at the current photo. The nose especially looks different. Nancy also has red hair. Now women die their hair but look at the color of the roots in the pic with the blonde. They are dark...not red.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Aug 21 2008, 10:56 AM)
QUOTE (rnrgal @ Aug 19 2008, 09:25 PM)

z7shysterical.gif

I understood that it was NOT Nancy. I realize peeps change over the years but look at the early photo with the baby and look at the current photo. The nose especially looks different. Nancy also has red hair. Now women die their hair but look at the color of the roots in the pic with the blonde. They are dark...not red.

yeah, I said I'd bow out of the argument, but I just wanted to say, jeez, don't jump on me so. I did say "I don't know". None of us really do for sure, right? I was just putting my $0.02 out there.

If I misinterpreted your intentions, apologies. smile.gif http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/rushnroll/peace.gif

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Aug 21 2008, 11:56 AM)

Yeah, I noticed the roots too...Now I can't help but wonder who this lucky lady is...

QUOTE (rnrgal @ Aug 20 2008, 12:33 AM)
Second of all, look closely at the face of the guy on the viewer's right.  Especially compared to the guy on the left, he seems to have a rather prominent probosis doesn't he?  Like a certain bass player? confused13.gif

I'm not saying that it's not Geddy; I don't know. I'd just like to point out for the record that having a bigger nose than someone else in the same room does not automatically make you Geddy Lee.

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Aug 21 2008, 07:52 PM)
I'd just like to point out for the record that having a bigger nose than someone else in the same room does not automatically make you Geddy Lee.

rofl3.gif Thank god!!!

Here's a pic of Julian from his college/university baseball team (I downloaded it off their website years ago; Univ. of Toronto - I think; but I forgot exactly which school it was...)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/mamidmmk/julianweinrib.jpg

Also, I *think* there might be a quick glimpse of the back of Nancy in the RIR documentary. I think there's a few seconds of Geddy holding hands with a women, and they're walking away from the camera. I haven't watched the video in quite awhile. All I remember is a woman in a jean skirt. Can't see too much more than that...

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Aug 21 2008, 06:52 PM)
QUOTE (rnrgal @ Aug 20 2008, 12:33 AM)
Second of all, look closely at the face of the guy on the viewer's right.  Especially compared to the guy on the left, he seems to have a rather prominent probosis doesn't he?  Like a certain bass player? confused13.gif

I'm not saying that it's not Geddy; I don't know. I'd just like to point out for the record that having a bigger nose than someone else in the same room does not automatically make you Geddy Lee.

laugh.gif well, of course not but considering we are talking about a Rush video that might skew the odds a bit in favor of it. Again, I'm not saying it definitely is, just quite possible.

I mean, the guys didn't have much of a budget for videos at the time so it would have been much more cost effective, too, than hiring actors.

QUOTE (Spike @ Aug 21 2008, 06:57 PM)
QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Aug 21 2008, 07:52 PM)
I'd just like to point out for the record that having a bigger nose than someone else in the same room does not automatically make you Geddy Lee.

rofl3.gif Thank god!!!

Here's a pic of Julian from his college/university baseball team (I downloaded it off their website years ago; Univ. of Toronto - I think; but I forgot exactly which school it was...)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/mamidmmk/julianweinrib.jpg

Also, I *think* there might be a quick glimpse of the back of Nancy in the RIR documentary. I think there's a few seconds of Geddy holding hands with a women, and they're walking away from the camera. I haven't watched the video in quite awhile. All I remember is a woman in a jean skirt. Can't see too much more than that...

That is Nancy. You can also catch a glimpse of her on the Rio DVD as she is getting off the plane.

Some images of Geddy's family on the Lindman website (the same website where the image of Rush with Mitch Bossi was found).

Julian (right):

http://www.salomonochlydia.se/userfiles/fi...n,%20Amanda.jpg

Lindy, Lindy's wife, Nancy.

http://www.salomonochlydia.se/userfiles/fi...ndy%20nancy.jpg

Group showing Kyla next to her cousin, with her mum and aunt Barbara behind:

http://www.salomonochlydia.se/userfiles/fi...%2009%20568.jpg

Kyla and cousin Sienna:

http://www.salomonochlydia.se/userfiles/fi...0and%20Kyla.jpg

All of this information, along with the family tree, is publicly available on that website.

Archived