Cheech & Chong: Smokin' Again

moltenlava

The aging common law couple are back together again after an extremely long trial seperation. I think they've been at odds with each other for something like 20 years now. But, they've reconciled (for the sake of us kids) and are planning their first comedy tour in 25 years. I remember the first time I heard their now classic routines, like 'Dave's Not Here' and 'Sister Mary Elephant'. And, I was just a giggling, floppy haired pre-teen when I was forced to go behind my parents' back and see the duo's first three films. 'Up In Smoke', 'Next Movie' and 'Nice Dreams' were about as funny as it got back then. I learned all my drug lingo from these movies, well before I ever smoked my first J....My only concern with this reunion is that C & C might look a tad foolish doing all the old routines at their advanced age. I thought about the prospect for a new movie for a mere moment before I realized that this would probably turn out worse than 'The Odd Couple 2'....What do you guys think about this news?

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gem7LeF...ueNbQgD928FAV83

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheech_and_chong

The Big Bambu was a seminal comedy album in my youth, "Sister Mary Elephant" being a big reason why. "Then I got a job, keeping people from hanging out in front of the drugstore." laugh.gif

Anyway, been there done that. I could NOT care less about this reunion.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jul 30 2008, 07:39 PM)
I'm stoked and I hope a new movie comes out of this. I know it'll be terrible and completely stupid, but they make me laugh just by looking at them.

That charming little boy in your sig line was a vital part of the C & C movie magic. I haven't seen these movies in so long, but I think he was only in the second film if I remember correctly. What was the name of the character he played? Something like the 'Hamburglar'. lol.

QUOTE (moltenlava @ Jul 30 2008, 11:54 PM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jul 30 2008, 07:39 PM)
I'm stoked and I hope a new movie comes out of this. I know it'll be terrible and completely stupid, but they make me laugh just by looking at them.

That charming little boy in your sig line was a vital part of the C & C movie magic. I haven't seen these movies in so long, but I think he was only in the second film if I remember correctly. What was the name of the character he played? Something like the 'Hamburglar'. lol.

Actually he was in both Next Movie and Nice Dreams. He was the hotel desk clerk in Next Movie and Howie Hamburger Dude in Nice Dreams.

Tour dates were announced. 22 shows throughout the States. Too bad no Canadian dates eh.gif

http://www.reuters.com/article/wtMostRead/...034914820080730

Edited by Test4VitalSigns

Howie Hamburger Dude, huh? Thanks. That would have eventually weighed on my mind and I would have been forced to IMDb it....Which one was the film when they were all under the table doing blow? Had to be Nice Dreams then, right? Yep. Now I remember. Cheech bumps into his old girlfriend at the Diner, and she's with the Humburger Dude. Then they jet off to hotel to service her and they meet up with her big, burly, biker boyfriend who hates Mexicans. lol. You remember that cat's name?

QUOTE (moltenlava @ Jul 31 2008, 12:22 AM)
Howie Hamburger Dude, huh? Thanks. That would have eventually weighed on my mind and I would have been forced to IMDb it....Which one was the film when they were all under the table doing blow? Had to be Nice Dreams then, right? Yep. Now I remember. Cheech bumps into his old girlfriend at the Diner, and she's with the Humburger Dude. Then they jet off to hotel to service her and they meet up with her big, burly, biker boyfriend who hates Mexicans. lol. You remember that cat's name?

Yup that was Nice Dreams. As for the dude's name I think it was Animal. Been a very long time since I've watched Nice Dreams. I'll have to buy it to add to the collection cool10.gif

I saw Cheech on tv a long time ago talking about this movie. He said everything got delayed when Tommy Chong went to jail

My gosh, Sister Mary Elephant...I forgot all about that one

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jul 30 2008, 06:39 PM)

laugh.gif haha!

Ya!

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 30 2008, 11:32 PM)
QUOTE (moltenlava @ Jul 31 2008, 12:22 AM)
Howie Hamburger Dude, huh?  Thanks.  That would have eventually weighed on my mind and I would have been forced to IMDb it....Which one was the film when they were all under the table doing blow?  Had to be Nice Dreams then, right?  Yep.  Now I remember.  Cheech bumps into his old girlfriend at the Diner, and she's with the Humburger Dude.  Then they jet off to hotel to service her and they meet up with her big, burly, biker boyfriend who hates Mexicans.  lol.  You remember that cat's name?

Yup that was Nice Dreams. As for the dude's name I think it was Animal. Been a very long time since I've watched Nice Dreams. I'll have to buy it to add to the collection cool10.gif

Found the scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VooULmgxhZ4

I'm there! I dun care how old they are. tongue.gif

Awesome. See there? - Who said smoking pot was dangerous? They are still working at 70!

My brother claims he got picked up hitchhiking by Cheech and Chong back in the early 70's. He said they were passing a gallon size bottle of wine around in their van and were really nice guys.

What the heck is a Kush? I'm assuming that it's another stoner/party movie. A couple of days ago I saw an internet commercial for a 'Dazed and Confused', 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High' DVD package. Those are two films that I haven't seen in ages. Funny as all heck, the both of 'em. And, D&D features a little cutie named Deena Martin who went on to star in Swingers. She's so money.

QUOTE (moltenlava @ Aug 1 2008, 07:08 PM)
What the heck is a Kush? I'm assuming that it's another stoner/party movie. A couple of days ago I saw an internet commercial for a 'Dazed and Confused', 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High' DVD package. Those are two films that I haven't seen in ages. Funny as all heck, the both of 'em. And, D&D features a little cutie named Deena Martin who went on to star in Swingers. She's so money.

kush=strain of good quality marijuana cool10.gif