'24' - The Official Thread

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (vital signz @ Apr 24 2007, 10:37 AM)
I was a bit disappointed with last night's episode....anyone else agree???

Yes, I seem to be more and more disappointed as each week goes by. angry.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 24 2007, 11:57 AM)
QUOTE (vital signz @ Apr 24 2007, 10:37 AM)
I was a bit disappointed with last night's episode....anyone else agree???

Yes, I seem to be more and more disappointed as each week goes by. angry.gif

I'll add my vote. This season started off strong, but has tailed off badly.

I wish the writers would think a little bit. All fans of the show know that Keifer has signed on for a couple of more seasons, so the whole "I'm going to blow myself up to save Audrey" was poorly thought out.

And trying to emphasize relationships (Hayes & Buchanan, Bauer/Raines, Chloe/Morris) is really off target. The engine of the show is action and danger, not emotion. Dance with the one that brought ya, I say.

I used to watch it every Monday night because I couldn't wait. Now I let TiVo do the work and watch it on Tuesday.

So....season's over....

what do you all think???

I for one would have to say this was bar none the worst season of 24. Sad after Kiefer won last years best actor award, and didn't the show win best drama too??? I can't recall....

Started interestingly enough, but the writing and character plot lines consistently disappointed me and I have to say I was left very flat and expected much much more from my favorite TV show....

The writing is on the wall for problems in the future...

confused13.gif

i havent missed an episode since season 1 hour 1 minute 1, and i thought last nights finale was kinda weak sauce.. i understand the whole crossroads type idea, but cmon... what about the chinese sub?????

I'm with you guys. This season started off very strong but I had problems with several things as the season progressed.

Overall, I don't think it was the worst season (that was season 2 for me) but certainly not the best.

I did notice a few times this season Jack would ask how far out the Tac teams were and it was 10 minutes, 20 minutes, etc. but somehow Jack could always get to where he needed to go in 5 minutes or less cool.gif

I haven't read any of the posts in this thread. The truth is, up until a couple of weeks ago, I"ve never seen a single episode of 24. Yes, everyone who's opinion I trust on these matters has told me that I would love this show, and I knew that I would if I ever saw it. But I don't have time to watch, and everytime I thought about watching the show, it was in the middle of the season.

In any event, I was at Best Buy a couple of weeks ago, and they had a massive sale on all 20th Century Fox Television series on DVD, each season for only 20 bucks.... so I picked up the first three seasons.

Needlees to say, I love this f***ing show!!! I finished the first series, and am about 75% done with the second season, and I can't get enough...

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jun 24 2007, 12:24 AM)
I haven't read any of the posts in this thread. The truth is, up until a couple of weeks ago, I"ve never seen a single episode of 24. Yes, everyone who's opinion I trust on these matters has told me that I would love this show, and I knew that I would if I ever saw it. But I don't have time to watch, and everytime I thought about watching the show, it was in the middle of the season.

In any event, I was at Best Buy a couple of weeks ago, and they had a massive sale on all 20th Century Fox Television series on DVD, each season for only 20 bucks.... so I picked up the first three seasons.

Needlees to say, I love this f***ing show!!! I finished the first series, and am about 75% done with the second season, and I can't get enough...

Welcome to the club! I'll bet you blew through the first season in no time, right? How many times did you think you were done watching for the night and then said, "Ahhh, just one more..." tongue.gif

Season 3 is good, but compared to 1 and 2 you might be a little underwhelmed. Season 4 is excellent, and 5 might be as good as Season 1. The most recent Season 6 was a letdown. But a subpar season of 24 is still better than most of the dreck they're calling TV now.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 23 2007, 10:31 PM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jun 24 2007, 12:24 AM)

Welcome to the club! I'll bet you blew through the first season in no time, right? How many times did you think you were done watching for the night and then said, "Ahhh, just one more..." tongue.gif

Season 3 is good, but compared to 1 and 2 you might be a little underwhelmed. Season 4 is excellent, and 5 might be as good as Season 1. The most recent Season 6 was a letdown. But a subpar season of 24 is still better than most of the dreck they're calling TV now.

That's interesting, because my buddy told me that the second season blows and that the third season is kick-ass. We will soon find out.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jun 24 2007, 02:47 PM)
Damn-it!!! trink38.gif

rofl3.gif

Now upload those satellite configurations to my PDA!

noticed in my sunday paper today that season 5 is coming out on DVD this tuesday!

edited to say that the ad said it is "now available..... ? unsure.gif

Edited by ladirushfan80

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Aug 19 2007, 05:51 AM)
noticed in my sunday paper today that season 5 is coming out on DVD this tuesday!

Yeah I don't know what that's all about. It's supposed to be out December 4, 2007 in the US/CAN and October 1, 2007 in the UK apparently. unsure.gif

Edited by Ru5h F@n

I hope this season will be better than last. I was a bit disappointed with last season. Even with the DVR, I always sat down and watched 24 when it was on. Last season after the first few episodes, I just left it for when I could get around to it.

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Aug 19 2007, 09:51 AM)

Assuming you're talking about last season, then you meant Season 6. wink.gif

I agree with Snowdog -- last season was subpar by normal 24 standards. I would actually rank it the weakest so far. To me, Seasons 1 and 5 are amazing, with 2 and 4 a close second. Then 3 (which was decent, but not great), then 6.

I don't own 3, and I won't be buying 6.

It figures that the first season that I actually make a point to watch EVERY episode would be the suckiest one so far. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 18 2007, 03:31 PM)
QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Aug 19 2007, 09:51 AM)

Assuming you're talking about last season, then you meant Season 6. wink.gif

I agree with Snowdog -- last season was subpar by normal 24 standards. I would actually rank it the weakest so far. To me, Seasons 1 and 5 are amazing, with 2 and 4 a close second. Then 3 (which was decent, but not great), then 6.

I don't own 3, and I won't be buying 6.

Well I am a collector so I will be getting it in December. unsure.gif

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Sep 21 2007, 04:51 AM)
Tony Almeida (Carlos Bernard) is back for Season 7!

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-24andton...-news-headlines

That's a nice piece of trivia about the "silent clock." I was always aware of it when something especially dramatic happened in an episode, but didn't realize it had such a specific meaning.

There were rumors that they were going to move next season away from CTU and Los Angeles. I like that idea -- last season felt stale, so I'm glad they're shaking things up. New York was mentioned as a possible new locale, but D.C. is fine. too. Good to see Chloe, Bill Buchanan and Tony returning.

QUOTE (lmnopqrstuvwxYYZ @ Sep 27 2007, 07:26 AM)
I heard Tony Almeida is going to represent Jack at his upcoming DUI trial. Chloe will provide surveillance and make sure no terrorists will interfere with another wrongful persecution of Jack. President Palmer's Grandson is the Judge and he never forgave Jack for Gramps untimely demise.

laugh.gif That'll STILL be better than last season. yes.gif