Favre wants to Return, but....

PhilCastro

Well, he's under contract to the Packers, so they're in control, if they're willing to take the PR hit. Personally, I would love to see Favre playing for the Viqueens this year. How delicious would that be? laugh.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 12 2008, 09:57 AM)
Setting aside the legalities/contract, what's the problem with a pro athlete coming out of retirement? It happens all the time

Well for the past 3 years Brett Favre has talked heavily of retiring. And this year he finally did it. Now we have a new young QB in charge of the team and Favre pulls this stunt. Its very rude and inconsiderate of the Packers.

Setting aside the legalities/contract, what's the problem with a pro athlete coming out of retirement? It happens all the time

He's a distraction to the Packers. That's the problem.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jul 12 2008, 10:43 AM)
Setting aside the legalities/contract, what's the problem with a pro athlete coming out of retirement?  It happens all the time

He's a distraction to the Packers. That's the problem.

Exactly

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Jul 11 2008, 08:35 PM)
QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Jul 11 2008, 07:27 PM)
He should stay retired(and this is from a Packer fan!)

Same! Im a HUGE Packer fan!

which explains why you don;t like it.

two things:

Brett, call Joe Montana. He had a chance to retire as only a 49er and then went to K.C.

Jon Gruden, no - don't do it.

Here's this issue I have with all this (from cbssportsline.com):

But in late March, coach Mike McCarthy and general manager Ted Thompson told the Associated Press, they were set to bring Favre back when he reversed course for the first time weeks after announcing his retirement.

In their first public comments since Favre demanded his release this week, Thompson and McCarthy said Favre changed his mind again as they were about to fly to Mississippi to seal the deal.

Favre seemed unsure whether he was completely committed to football until several days ago, they said.

"We've communicated that to Brett, that we have since moved forward," Thompson said. "At the same time, we've never said that there couldn't be some role that he might play here. But I would understand his point that he would want to play."

Screw him. He put the Pack in this position. They have every right to play hardball with him.

QUOTE (timintey @ Jul 12 2008, 08:47 PM)

But in late March, coach Mike McCarthy and general manager Ted Thompson told the Associated Press, they were set to bring Favre back when he reversed course for the first time weeks after announcing his retirement.

In their first public comments since Favre demanded his release this week, Thompson and McCarthy said Favre changed his mind again as they were about to fly to Mississippi to seal the deal.

Favre seemed unsure whether he was completely committed to football until several days ago, they said.

"We've communicated that to Brett, that we have since moved forward," Thompson said. "At the same time, we've never said that there couldn't be some role that he might play here. But I would understand his point that he would want to play."

Screw him. He put the Pack in this position. They have every right to play hardball with him.

I concur

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Jul 13 2008, 10:08 PM)

I concur

I hate to say it, but I think that BF is playing this up to increase his name recognition, and so land more endorsements.

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Jul 14 2008, 09:55 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Jul 13 2008, 10:08 PM)

I concur

I hate to say it, but I think that BF is playing this up to increase his name recognition, and so land more endorsements.

Not at all. thats the last thing on his mind.

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Jul 12 2008, 09:34 AM)
Favre to the Vikings would be sweet. I'm a Vikings fan and would love to see it happen. The Packers will never let that take place.

Now that the Vikings are accused of tampering with Favre, I don't think you'll see him in a Viking uniform.

If the Vikings are guilty, the penalty might be the loss of a couple of draft picks plus Favre would be ineligible to sign with Minnesota.

QUOTE (tupelobarchetta @ Jul 18 2008, 02:37 AM)
QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Jul 12 2008, 09:34 AM)
Favre to the Vikings would be sweet. I'm a Vikings fan and would love to see it happen. The Packers will never let that take place.

Now that the Vikings are accused of tampering with Favre, I don't think you'll see him in a Viking uniform.

If the Vikings are guilty, the penalty might be the loss of a couple of draft picks plus Favre would be ineligible to sign with Minnesota.

that was probably hyped to make sure he ISN't in a purple uniform this coming season

It'll be an AFC team. I'm thinking The Jets, Bills, maybe Miami. Viking fans...it'll never, never, never happen while he's under contract...Bears fans too. Miami is even a stretch because The Tuna probably has someone in mind that he can develop as I type. The Jets make the most sense, but I just don't see why Favre would want to come to a team and help build. They've made a few improvements on the O-line, but they're a little ways off. Vilma's gone, Jones at RB...Coles...I don't know if Favre's the "missing piece" in their situation.

The big-ass questions are, what do you have to give up to get him? Is he going to want to come in and play one year? Is he going to leave...then come back...then wait...then leave again? If you're going to tank WITH Favre, or even if you might...do you waste a pick that could be Chase Daniel...or any kind of "future" guy to try and win this season?

Let's get this straight...he had a nice season. He had a few bad ones and pulled it back, but the whole team improved. Grant was a major component in their success...Jennings, Lee. They ALL got better, and Favre looked better because they did. If he goes somewhere and has to carry a team you'll see he ain't Superman. No QB is. Manning and Manning have talent around them. So does Brady, and so did Favre. He wants to go to Minnesota because all they need is a competent QB and they'll be VERY good. If he came to the Bears, he'd suck. And I think he'd be real average in NY.

That's my 2 cents.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Jul 11 2008, 04:05 PM)
Brett, thank you for everything youve done for us but get the hell out.  You retired so stay away and quit all this drama.

goodpost.gif This is like.. the forth time he has done this sort of thing wacko.gif

Archived