Hancock

SiriusRushFan

I saw it too.

Best part was the preview of the next will smith movie "stepbrother".

It was good, but not great.

QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ Jul 5 2008, 02:29 AM)
Saw it yesterday. Wasn't bad but not quite up to most of his films. Btw, don't call him an a$$hole! tongue.gif

You mean it wasn't as good as that visionary cinematic masterpiece Wild Wild West? sarcasm.gif pokey.gif tongue.gif

Never thought of Smith as an a$$hole just a guy that often makes crap movies

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Jul 6 2008, 02:17 PM)
Stfu JB, Wild Wild West was awesome tongue.gif

You're on acid. That movie was garbage. It was just him in a cowboy outfit, a lot of special effects, cheesy Will Smith lines, and a whole lotta nuthin' for story...although I didn't finish it because I thought it was crap. If you just change his cowboy outfit for a pilot's outfit then you'd have Independence Day (sfx, cheesy lines, etc.) laugh.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 6 2008, 12:40 AM)

You're on acid. That movie was garbage. It was just him in a cowboy outfit, a lot of special effects, cheesy Will Smith lines, and a whole lotta nuthin' for story...although I didn't finish it because I thought it was crap. If you just change his cowboy outfit for a pilot's outfit then you'd have Independence Day (sfx, cheesy lines, etc.) laugh.gif

Thats what made Wild Wild West so awesome. 1022.gif

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Jul 6 2008, 12:58 PM)

Exactly. Wild Wild West rocks my socks.

I've never really rated Will Smith as a film actor, I still think of him as the kid out of Fresh Prince of Belle Air. I just can't take him seriously. It's amazing to me how these lightweight "comedy" actors go on to become Hollywood action stars/dramatic leads. I think it's maybe a popularity thing...

QUOTE (Sticklah @ Jul 8 2008, 04:41 PM)
QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Jul 6 2008, 12:58 PM)

Exactly. Wild Wild West rocks my socks.

I loved the original series and thought the movie was well done.

Hancock looked promising as a comedy/hero movie spoof but after reading about the plot I'll pass. I think Smith is charming & funny and Bateman too (why, oh why did Arrested Development have to get canceled?) but...eh, I ain't killing $8 on this one.

I just saw this on cable for the first time. I actually think it was really good. Not great, but enjoyable. My only wish was that they revealed more of his origin.

As for Will Smith as an actor, I think he's a great actor and would love to see him in more serious roles. He was amazing in Six Degrees of Separation, Ali, The Legend of Bagger Vance and The Pursuit of Happyness.