Jealous?

Sticklah

I hate dragonforce and i'm sure a lot of you guys do to. But being a teenager I assume I run into a lot more people listening to them because they were on Guitar Hero 3(another thing I hate). Although this isn't the worst part. Quite a number of people whom I've discussed the band with have said these exact words "Your Just Jealous because you can't play as good as Herman Li". JEALOUS? ARE YOU f***ing SERIOUS? I mean really to have the sheer stupidity to think you know how I feel about a band is nearly impossible to comprehend. I mean really these people obviously haven't given a second thought to this argument because if I said "You just don't like rush because they're cooler than you" they would be put in the same situation. People CANNOT be jealous of something they hate.

and so on a final note. AHAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH(breath)AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they suck. people here think dream theater is a lot of wanking. take a listen to that bullshit

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 12 2008, 08:52 PM)
they suck. people here think dream theater is a lot of wanking. take a listen to that bullshit

Which is why I'm tempted to film a video of myself drumming to "Through the Fire and Flames" just to piss people off.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Jun 12 2008, 09:01 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 12 2008, 08:52 PM)

Which is why I'm tempted to film a video of myself drumming to "Through the Fire and Flames" just to piss people off.

do it man

Well you can't deny that the guitar solo on "Through the Fire and Flames" is pretty sick, but unfortunately that's about all they've got......I can't even remember any of their other songs. confused13.gif

QUOTE (Did Lee Squat? @ Jun 13 2008, 08:26 AM)
Well you can't deny that the guitar solo on "Through the Fire and Flames" is pretty sick, but unfortunately that's about all they've got......I can't even remember any of their other songs. confused13.gif

But I have friends that think it's one of the greatest solos ever. confused13.gif eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jun 13 2008, 11:31 AM)
Well you can't deny that the guitar solo on "Through the Fire and Flames" is pretty sick, but unfortunately that's about all they've got......I can't even remember any of their other songs.  confused13.gif

But I have friends that think it's one of the greatest solos ever. confused13.gif eyesre4.gif

Whoa laugh.gif . I don't think of it as being anywhere close to the top of "greatest" solos, maybe one of the most technically impressive, but that doesn't mean "great". eyesre4.gif

Either your friend is judging it just on this or their musical horizons need to be widened. yes.gif

QUOTE (Did Lee Squat? @ Jun 13 2008, 11:49 AM)
QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jun 13 2008, 11:31 AM)
Well you can't deny that the guitar solo on "Through the Fire and Flames" is pretty sick, but unfortunately that's about all they've got......I can't even remember any of their other songs.  confused13.gif

Whoa laugh.gif . I don't think of it as being anywhere close to the top of "greatest" solos, maybe one of the most technically impressive, but that doesn't mean "great". eyesre4.gif

Either your friend is judging it just on this or their musical horizons need to be widened. yes.gif

I've always thought that the solo on Disciples of Babylon was a hell of a lot better than Through the Fire and Flames. They *actually* slow it down on that song.

QUOTE (Sticklah @ Jun 12 2008, 05:38 PM)
Guitar Hero 3(another thing I hate).

Why the hate? It's just a video game. It's Guitar HERO, not Guitar Simulator.

I'd really like to hear why you hate it.

Dragonforce?........nah, they don't suck, you just have to take them for what they are.

They did afterall re-invent the "cheese metal" genre.

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Jun 13 2008, 05:34 PM)
I always thought Dragonforce were sort of meant to be an epic musical parody, so it seems kinda pointless to hate them. confused13.gif

(I thought the same thing about the Darkness, actually)

The Darkness were good though! Well Permission To Land was good, One Way Ticket was only decent, the b-sides were better than the majority of material that made the album.

I saw them live twice and they ruled both times. Too bad they turned out to be little more than a short lived gimmick.

QUOTE (Puckfiend @ Jun 13 2008, 11:54 AM)

The only thing I don't like about it are people who decide Muse is their favorite band just because they played Knights of Cydonia. Or they think there huge Def Leppard fans because they downloaded a DLC pack online.

QUOTE (Puckfiend @ Jun 13 2008, 02:54 PM)

Its just that fact that everyone LOVES it and I find it to be amazingly boring and dislike most of the songs on it.

Archived