iPhone 3G

rushringleader

QUOTE (Riv @ Jun 15 2008, 07:23 PM)
Don't be fooled! Yes, the phone is cheaper...but AT&T is raising the service rates for it, so in the long run you will pay way more money.

Exactly! Why can't people figure this out?

QUOTE (The Rocinante @ Jun 15 2008, 09:24 PM)
I want one, but 16GB is tiny, and according to most people, AT&T gets horrible reception in Phoenix.

They should have never went exclusive with AT&T. They didn;t need to do this. The only service I have consistently had great coverage on is Verizon. The only place I know there will be trouble is on the hump of the Howard frankland Bridge. The bridge is so long there are signs telling you to gas up before getting on it so I can;t exactly get mad over the coverage. What ever happened to the inevitable switch to satellite phones that was predicted about 10-12 years ago?

Its not even smart for Apple to say with AT&T because of the two changing there partnership. I believe Apple signed a 2 year contract. Once its over, expect many other major carriers (Verizon, etc) to have an iPhone.

What's the point of the iPhone? What happened to phones being used for making phone calls? Now all these phones have music players and internet and all this other crap that you don't actually need.

As long as my phone sends and receives phone calls from other people, I'm set. Actually, what happened to not needing to be in constant contact with everyone you know at all times? Sure a cell phone is handy to have in case you need to call someone in an emergency or if you need to call someone to remind them to do or get something.

Then there's the issue of the touch screen. I don't want to be constantly wiping the screen off because it gets all spotty with my fingerprints. My phone has a cool feature that actually allows to feel the buttons you're pushing, it's called tactile response. And guess what? The screen doesn't get all smudgy every ten seconds so you can actually see what's on the screen without having to keep wiping on your pants or your shirt.

After talking to some friends and seeing that they love it more than pie, I'm really considering getting one. An 8 GB, I don't really plan on putting a bunch of music when I already have a 160 GB iPod.

A couple questions though. How much are the monthly plans going to be? How much better is the new network going to be?

i was at the apple store for 3 hours yesterday (on an unrelated Iphone issue) and checked it out. while i was there, they sold out of what that store had in stock. that was before noon.

popular item. i dude that was helping me deal with my mac book issue was telling me that on release day, friday the 11th, the line was out the door, in the mall, and around the upper level opening just to get one of these things...

wacko.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Jul 17 2008, 07:41 PM)
i was at the apple store for 3 hours yesterday (on an unrelated Iphone issue) and checked it out. while i was there, they sold out of what that store had in stock. that was before noon.

popular item. i dude that was helping me deal with my mac book issue was telling me that on release day, friday the 11th, the line was out the door, in the mall, and around the upper level opening just to get one of these things...

wacko.gif

One of my coworkers waited in line at the Michigan Avenue store. I happened to be downtown and called him around nooon or so and he said he was about a block away at that point, probably another 2 hours away. That phone had better be all that and then some to be waiting that long in line for it.

It looks really neat and all; but up here at least, the cost for the data plan is VERY expencive, compared to the plan I have now....

But I think eventually I will break & buy one. They look too cool. sad.gif

QUOTE (padfoot @ Jul 24 2008, 05:36 PM)
It looks really neat and all; but up here at least, the cost for the data plan is VERY expencive, compared to the plan I have now....
But I think eventually I will break & buy one. They look too cool. sad.gif

Agreed.......that's why I won't be getting one. Way to costly on the data side.........

QUOTE (Trance @ Aug 6 2008, 01:53 AM)
I broke down.... got mine today.... it is the coolest little thing ever! laugh.gif

Good for you! I hope you enjoy your new toy. I really can't wait for them to move them over to Verizon, I will wait in line for one!

Archived