Neil sighting (Freddie Gruber's bday)

rushfr:CP

QUOTE (Smudger @ May 17 2008, 09:59 AM)
And he's a less than good lyricist.

Give me an example of who you consider to be a better than good lyricist please.

QUOTE (hope70 @ May 17 2008, 09:02 AM)
QUOTE (Smudger @ May 17 2008, 08:59 AM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 17 2008, 08:55 AM)
Neil's a good drummer and he's a good lyricist. But that's all.

Well, he's a better than good drummer, but not as good as he was- technically he may be better, but there isn't the exuberance there used to be IMHO.

My life certainly would not be enhanced by any sort of meeting with him.

And you're on this board for what reason?

Everyone calm down. Its ok to appreciate Rush's awesome and outstanding music but you dont need to think about it 24/7. Believe it or not some people on this forum are a bit lower than a "super-fan" ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 17 2008, 09:04 AM)

Give me an example of who you consider to be a better than good lyricist please.

I was going to say the same thing. smile.gif

QUOTE (hope70 @ May 17 2008, 09:58 AM)

I think he's a great drummer and lyricist but I don't think about what cereal he likes for breakfast, or if he ties his right or left shoe first.
I like the musician....

I suspect he has to up his fiber in that department smile.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ May 17 2008, 10:06 AM)

Vanilla Ice. laugh.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 17 2008, 09:08 AM)

Vanilla Ice. laugh.gif

"Cooking emcees like a pound of bacon..."

Bow to the master, people. It doesn't get any better than that.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ May 17 2008, 10:09 AM)

Vanilla Ice. laugh.gif

it's open mic night and we have:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff227/00joe00m00amma/neil-peart.jpg

versus

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k250/TheCamelDS/CE%20Username%20Pics/vanilla_ice.jpg

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ May 17 2008, 10:09 AM)

Vanilla Ice. laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

He's a good lyricist, but I didn't care for his books. He rambles. I let John read "Ghost Rider" and he said the same thing. Towards the last few chapters, it looked a bit hurried and messy.

The beginning of Ghost Rider was pretty good and had my attention because he was recounting the tragedies in his life and then his descriptive writing of his travels up into the northern parts of Canada and into Alaska. Sometime after that his entries were like grocery lists of what he did that day, some of which was mundane and not much different than the ordinary things the rest of us are accustomed to.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 17 2008, 10:13 AM)
He's a good lyricist, but I didn't care for his books. He rambles. I let John read "Ghost Rider" and he said the same thing. Towards the last few chapters, it looked a bit hurried and messy.

The beginning of Ghost Rider was pretty good and had my attention because he was recounting the tragedies in his life and then his descriptive writing of his travels up into the northern parts of Canada and into Alaska. Sometime after that his entries were like grocery lists of what he did that day, some of which was mundane and not much different than the ordinary things the rest of us are accustomed to.

my fav is The Masked Rider.

Very good travel doc. and gives max insight into how he deals with other people and the differences between how he feels he is being perceived versus the reality of how others perceive him. A lot of honesty in that book.

i think neil is a very good writer. i have read all his book's. you might not like the way he writes, but he is better than you............. biggrin.gif[ insert name] Edited by metaldad

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 17 2008, 10:17 AM)
i think neil is a very good writer. i have read all his book's. you might not like the way he writes, but he is better than you............. biggrin.gif[ insert name]

Ghost Rider is the only book I cared to read. The Masked Rider didn't interest me at all.

If I am a bad writer I have the sense to not publish any of it. cool.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 17 2008, 09:22 AM)
i think neil is a very good writer.  i have read all his book's. you might not like the way he writes, but he is better than you............. biggrin.gif[ insert name]

Ghost Rider is the only book I cared to read. The Masked Rider didn't interest me at all.

i agree, masked rider did not do anything for me but i dig the 3 other's trink39.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 17 2008, 10:31 AM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 17 2008, 09:22 AM)
i think neil is a very good writer.  i have read all his book's. you might not like the way he writes, but he is better than you............. biggrin.gif[ insert name]

i agree, masked rider did not do anything for me but i dig the 3 other's trink39.gif

I'm an avid cyclist which automatically makes me more interested in it than most so I can understand...

QUOTE (Merely Space @ May 17 2008, 11:24 AM)
I found The Masked Rider very interesting, and I haven't touched a bicycle in decades!

Of the 2 NEP books I've read, The Masked Rider is the best.

If only because he mentions the Fon in Bafut (The Bafut Beagles was one of my set texts at O-Level)

His writing styles, a bit dry.

I have never read any of his books, nor do I care to. I like Rush's music, that's all.........their lives and beliefs really don't interest me.......... Edited by WCFIELDS

QUOTE (edgyspice @ May 15 2008, 11:29 AM)
Swell, another "Neil is a dick" thread. These NEVER get old!

Neil is the reason I will never purchase anything that he or Rush profits from. Neil wouldn't have made his successes without his fans. He does owe fans some sort of acknowledgment when they greet him, even if its just a nice gesture like a wink or nod. He's damned lucky that John Rutsey (RIP) departed the band when he did, otherwise he'd still be driving around that piece of shit with his drumkit in the trunk.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ May 18 2008, 11:13 PM)
QUOTE (edgyspice @ May 15 2008, 11:29 AM)
Swell, another "Neil is a dick" thread.  These NEVER get old!

Neil is the reason I will never purchase anything that he or Rush profits from. Neil wouldn't have made his successes without his fans. He does owe fans some sort of acknowledgment when they greet him, even if its just a nice gesture like a wink or nod. He's damned lucky that John Rutsey (RIP) departed the band when he did, otherwise he'd still be driving around that piece of shit with his drumkit in the trunk.

I'm not moved to say this often on Internet Forums, but.....you're an idiot

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ May 19 2008, 12:13 AM)

Neil is the reason I will never purchase anything that he or Rush profits from.  Neil wouldn't have made his successes without his fans.  He does owe fans some sort of acknowledgment when they greet him, even if its just a nice gesture like a wink or nod.  He's damned lucky that John Rutsey (RIP) departed the band when he did, otherwise he'd still be driving around that piece of shit with his drumkit in the trunk.

Why are you here?

QUOTE (hope70 @ May 17 2008, 09:02 AM)
QUOTE (Smudger @ May 17 2008, 08:59 AM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 17 2008, 08:55 AM)
Neil's a good drummer and he's a good lyricist. But that's all.

Well, he's a better than good drummer, but not as good as he was- technically he may be better, but there isn't the exuberance there used to be IMHO.

My life certainly would not be enhanced by any sort of meeting with him.

And you're on this board for what reason?

To find out what's happening in the world of Rush, give my opinions on what I like about Rush, and to see what other people think of Rush.

I've given some of my thoughts on Neil, these are my opinion.