HELL'S KITCHEN

EmotionDetector

Hey...

Just wondering if anyone watches HELL'S KITCHEN? I've been watching it since Season 1, and love it. I'm a huge fan of the show, and basically, anything Gordon Ramsay does.

Ramsay is an awesome Chef...and clearly knows his stuff. He goes a bit over the top in HK, but it definitely adds spice to the show. He always makes me laugh anyways!!

"WHERE'S THE BEEF???"

(PS. Matt has to go...NOW! pokey.gif )

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 14 2008, 09:30 AM)
Hey...

Just wondering if anyone watches HELL'S KITCHEN? I've been watching it since Season 1, and love it. I'm a huge fan of the show, and basically, anything Gordon Ramsay does.

Ramsay is an awesome Chef...and clearly knows his stuff. He goes a bit over the top in HK, but it definitely adds spice to the show. He always makes me laugh anyways!!

"WHERE'S THE BEEF???"

(PS. Matt has to go...NOW! pokey.gif )

I watched this show once and came to the conclusion that Gordon Ramsay is a f*cking punk. I don't give a hoot in hell who you are, you don't publicly humiliate people like that. There is no justification for doing it. None! Someone needs to kick Ramsay's ass, and I'm not talking about a couple of punches, I'm talking about a broken jaw and maybe a couple day's hospital stay.

I'm sorry, but I think that shows like Ramsay's appeal to the dark side of human nature. You should be outraged over the way he treats people, not entertained by it.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 14 2008, 09:01 AM)
Hey...

"WHERE'S THE BEEF???"

(PS. Matt has to go...NOW!  pokey.gif )

I watched this show once and came to the conclusion that Gordon Ramsay is a f*cking punk. I don't give a hoot in hell who you are, you don't publicly humiliate people like that. There is no justification for doing it. None! Someone needs to kick Ramsay's ass, and I'm not talking about a couple of punches, I'm talking about a broken jaw and maybe a couple day's hospital stay.

I'm sorry, but I think that shows like Ramsay's appeal to the dark side of human nature. You should be outraged over the way he treats people, not entertained by it.

Yikes...I didn't mean to stir the pot.

I just love cooking, love the Food Network, and love watching any and all shows associated with cooking and restaurants.

Yes...he does ridicule people a lot on the show, but I feel it's mainly nothing more than for ratings. To me, it's no different than the crap we watch in other TV shows and movies everyday.

BTW...if you watch KITCHEN NIGHTMARES, you'll see a much different side of Ramsay. He is much different on that show than HK.

Also, I don't consider myself crazy for being entertained by innocent shows like this, when the only movies seemingly coming out these days lean towards torture, killing, rape, and so forth.

If you ask me...that's a sad excuse for so called "entertainment".

I'm sorry...I just enjoy HK. I really do apologize if others are offended by it. I just started this thread to see if others liked it as well. That's all.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 14 2008, 12:55 PM)
Hey...

"WHERE'S THE BEEF???"

I just love cooking, love the Food Network, and love watching any and all shows associated with cooking and restaurants.

Yes...he does ridicule people a lot on the show, but I feel it's mainly nothing more than for ratings. To me, it's no different than the crap we watch in other TV shows and movies everyday.

BTW...if you watch KITCHEN NIGHTMARES, you'll see a much different side of Ramsay. He is much different on that show than HK.

It's OK, man. One of my rigidly-adhered-to-one-hundred-percent-non-negotiable principles is that you praise in public and reprimand in private. Anyone who doesn't tends to instantaneously get on my bad side. It's because I've been publicly reprimanded in the past by immature/stupid employers (and I very nearly punched them). In fact one time the guy noticed the look on my face and backed off. He asked me later what the problem was and I told him. He immediately changed his ways and and adopted the above-mentioned policy and to this day we're good friends.

Edited by Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 14 2008, 01:02 PM)
Also, I don't consider myself crazy for being entertained by innocent shows like this, when the only movies seemingly coming out these days lean towards torture, killing, rape, and so forth.

If you ask me...that's a sad excuse for so called "entertainment".

I'm sorry...I just enjoy HK. I really do apologize if others are offended by it. I just started this thread to see if others liked it as well. That's all.

trink39.gif

I hate those ultra-violent torture movies, too. They're pretty sick.

I love HK.

And that is Gordon Ramsay. Many fine dining chefs who spent most of their time training in Europe are that way. It's a kind of Type-A personality thing that goes along with being a complete perfectionist, and having one's ego wired directly into one's career. It's an enormously competitive field with little room at the top.

Ramsay is mild compared to some. He trained under Marco Pierre White, a known chef-terrorist (who made Gordon cry at least once; there's a picture of it) and Joel Robuchon, who doesn't talk to his sous-chefs. He throws things at them.

I've read Ramsay's book; it's a quick read but very interesting.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 14 2008, 10:01 AM)
Hey...

"WHERE'S THE BEEF???"

Yep.

I'm a calm person but if I worked with him and he talked to me in the manner I saw him talking in the snippet I saw I would be tempted to use one of the kitchen knives.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ May 14 2008, 09:11 PM)
I love HK.

And that is Gordon Ramsay. Many fine dining chefs who spent most of their time training in Europe are that way. It's a kind of Type-A personality thing that goes along with being a complete perfectionist, and having one's ego wired directly into one's career. It's an enormously competitive field with little room at the top.

Ramsay is mild compared to some. He trained under Marco Pierre White, a known chef-terrorist (who made Gordon cry at least once; there's a picture of it) and Joel Robuchon, who doesn't talk to his sous-chefs. He throws things at them.

You can call it having an a-type personality, egotism, or perfectionism if you want to. I call it being an insecure prick because that's what it is.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 14 2008, 09:55 PM)
I love HK. 

And that is Gordon Ramsay.  Many fine dining chefs who spent most of their time training in Europe are that way.  It's a kind of Type-A personality thing that goes along with being a complete perfectionist, and having one's ego wired directly into one's career.  It's an enormously competitive field with little room at the top.

Ramsay is mild compared to some.  He trained under Marco Pierre White, a known chef-terrorist (who made Gordon cry at least once; there's a picture of it) and Joel Robuchon, who doesn't talk to his sous-chefs.  He throws things at them.

You can call it having an a-type personality, egotism, or perfectionism if you want to. I call it being an insecure prick because that's what it is.

I also call it just plain sad. It is always sad to see these people that devote their lives to something as silly as a career and don't enjoy family, nature, hobbies, or even the simple things like a nice walk. They always say they "love what they do and wouldn't have it any other way" but never seem happy.

I love HK.

My friends wife is a pastry chef, and its not just European chefs, MANY chefs are that way!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 14 2008, 06:16 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 14 2008, 12:55 PM)
Hey...

"WHERE'S THE BEEF???"

It's OK, man. One of my rigidly-adhered-to-one-hundred-percent-non-negotiable principles is that you praise in public and reprimand in private. Anyone who doesn't tends to instantaneously get on my bad side. It's because I've been publicly reprimanded in the past by immature/stupid employers (and I very nearly punched them). In fact one time the guy noticed the look on my face and backed off. He asked me later what the problem was and I told him. He immediately changed his ways and and adopted the above-mentioned policy and to this day we're good friends.

No worries...I really do understand your views!

It's great that this person changed themselves for the better. I've had a boss that treated me like garbage. Luckly though...I no longer work there, or with him.

Anyways... trink39.gif