Joe Satriani/Paul Gilbert

Wartypig

QUOTE (Soni @ May 12 2008, 10:08 AM)
Huge PG fan here! The man is great and so fun, you're lucky buddy good concert yes.gif

Here's a pic of PG that I took last year....

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/leemillward/Paul%20Gilbert%204-6-07/Img3680.jpg

i dig p.g never got into j.s.

I love them both.

It has always blown my mind the lack of love that Satch gets on this board!

I think I once started a thread about Satriani last year...but it got only a handful of replies.

For me, he actually might be my second favourite artist just behind RUSH. The quality of songs that he puts on his records are unbelivable. His guitar playing blows my mind...and IMO, he is the best guitarist out there today. When I hear he has a new album coming out, I get pumped about it...mainly because I am confident it will not dissappoint, and it never does!

I don't know if anyone else has it, but he just released a new album:

PROFESSOR SATCHAFUNKILUS AND THE MUSTERION OF ROCK

Great album. Certainly, if you love guitars, and you love instrumental music, you should really consider checking this album out. Hell, if you haven't heard Satch, you should DEFINITELY check him out. He has a substantially large catelog, with some outstanding material. He's an incredible guitarist! 1022.gif

QUOTE (the invisible man @ May 12 2008, 01:02 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ May 12 2008, 11:33 AM)
I love them both.

Ditto. yes.gif 1022.gif ph34r.gif

Triple!

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 13 2008, 01:56 PM)
It has always blown my mind the lack of love that Satch gets on this board!

I think I once started a thread about Satriani last year...but it got only a handful of replies.

For me, he actually might be my second favourite artist just behind RUSH. The quality of songs that he puts on his records are unbelivable. His guitar playing blows my mind...and IMO, he is the best guitarist out there today. When I hear he has a new album coming out, I get pumped about it...mainly because I am confident it will not dissappoint, and it never does!

I don't know if anyone else has it, but he just released a new album:

PROFESSOR SATCHAFUNKILUS AND THE MUSTERION OF ROCK

Great album. Certainly, if you love guitars, and you love instrumental music, you should really consider checking this album out. Hell, if you haven't heard Satch, you should DEFINITELY check him out. He has a substantially large catelog, with some outstanding material. He's an incredible guitarist! 1022.gif

I found that album to be pretty disappointing, but then agian his last 2-3 albums have been as well sad.gif

Was goign to go see them but couldn't travel up to see them anywhere sad.gif

hope you had fun trink39.gif

Satch's albums have been humdrum since the 80s. I love "Not of this Earth" "Surfin" and "Flying in a Blue Dream" but everything after that was a disappointment. I haven't even bothered at all with his last three albums, though I've heard them, same old tired Joe stuff. I think he needs a completely new band, with maybe a co-writer in there, something different anyway.

Meanwhile Paul Gilbert's solo stuff rocks!

1022.gif

Archived