NHL Playoff Predictions

apetersvt

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ May 25 2008, 07:58 AM)
WOW !!!!! what an awesome game 1 that was last night!

I beg to differ tongue.gif

Pens started out strong, but then got manhandled the rest of the night.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/LetsGoRedWings.gif

Awesome win last night!!!

1022.gif

was at least hoping for a 6 or 7 games series - Detroits defense is incredible - i see this one going 5 if not a sweep - Crosby looks frustrated and out of his league -

Osgood is insane -

QUOTE (alphseeker @ May 27 2008, 11:43 AM)
was at least hoping for a 6 or 7 games series - Detroits defense is incredible - i see this one going 5 if not a sweep - Crosby looks frustrated and out of his league -

Osgreat is insane -

fixed your post for you.... coy.gif

Yep.....this one's over baby, congratulations to the Detroit Red Wings, who will capture their 11th Stanley Cup within the next few days.

Good experience for Sid and the kids though. They are certain to become the league's next powerhouse team.

This year however, they were simply no match for the much more experienced Wings and their dominent blueline.

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ May 27 2008, 11:02 AM)
QUOTE (alphseeker @ May 27 2008, 11:43 AM)

Osgreat is insane  -

fixed your post for you.... coy.gif

Yes he is "Osgreat" - yes.gif

QUOTE (hope70 @ May 28 2008, 11:27 AM)
QUOTE (*Limelight* @ May 27 2008, 10:19 PM)
Crosby shouldn't be the captain.
That's all i'm going to say.

I don't understand this myself. The guy has how many years in the NHL?

Maybe he's a born leader. confused13.gif

Wings in 5

Thought process behind this was simple for the Penguins:

He's the face of the franchise and he would eventually get the captaincy later on in his career; so why delay the inevitable?

Though, I'm among the crowd that agrees that the time isn't right for him to wear the "C" just yet...

QUOTE (alphseeker @ May 27 2008, 10:43 AM)

Osgood is insane -

Well maybe i will get a 6 or 7 game series - I don't care who wins Lords stanley i just want it to be a good series and not a blowout -

Crosby woke up -

Bull

Absolute Bull.

I'm tired of the pens. If they put in as much effort into playing as they do whining and complaining they would be amazingly better.

But the ref's cost Detroit the game today. There were so many calls that should have been made, but it's the pens, so the ref's were scared of the idiot coach. And upseting sid the baby.

Malkin still looked like a peewee player. And once again, Everybody HAS to pass to crosby before they can score, it sickens me.

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ May 28 2008, 10:46 PM)
Bull
Absolute Bull.

I'm tired of the pens. If they put in as much effort into playing as they do whining and complaining they would be amazingly better.

But the ref's cost Detroit the game today. There were so many calls that should have been made, but it's the pens, so the ref's were scared of the idiot coach. And upseting sid the baby.

Awww. What's the matter? Team you're pulling for lose? Oh wait. That's right. The Wings got outplayed today. The Penguins picked up their game, capitalized on chances and pulled off a win. If the refs really were the factor in them winning today, then they'd be up 3-0 in the series rather than down 2-1.

People like to blame the refs for everything these days. I didn't see anybody blaming the refs for the Pens losing against Detroit the last two games (because there were A BUNCH of missed calls on the Wings in those two games), but as soon as the Penguins win, it's suddenly the refs fault. Same old story no matter how far into the season you get. Blah, blah, blah. People can complain all they want, but it doesn't change the fact that one team won and the other lost.

Malkin still looked like a peewee player. And once again, Everybody HAS to pass to crosby before they can score, it sickens me.

Meanwhile, the guy got two goals tonight. Funny. Same thing has happened with all the greats, yet nobody complained.

QUOTE (kazzman @ May 28 2008, 09:12 PM)
Bull
Absolute Bull.

Awww. What's the matter? Team you're pulling for lose? Oh wait. That's right. The Wings got outplayed today. The Penguins picked up their game, capitalized on chances and pulled off a win. If the refs really were the factor in them winning today, then they'd be up 3-0 in the series rather than down 2-1.

People like to blame the refs for everything these days. I didn't see anybody blaming the refs for the Pens losing against Detroit the last two games (because there were A BUNCH of missed calls on the Wings in those two games), but as soon as the Penguins win, it's suddenly the refs fault. Same old story no matter how far into the season you get. Blah, blah, blah. People can complain all they want, but it doesn't change the fact that one team won and the other lost.

Meanwhile, the guy got two goals tonight. Funny. Same thing has happened with all the greats, yet nobody complained.

There were a bunch of missed calls, that should've been calls ACCORDING to the rules, and that have been called in the past.

How you can not even go for the puck and take a guy out when he doesn't have it within 10 feet of him is obsurd.

Dam therrin or whatever that dam coach's dam is.

He should coach, not whine.

well, as much as i would have LOVED to see the Wings shut out the Pens in 4 games, I'm not surprised that the Pens pulled it together and played a great game last night. Good for them man!

Now come on back to Detroit ya'll... lets finish this thing!!!

coy.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ May 29 2008, 11:52 AM)
well, as much as i would have LOVED to see the Wings shut out the Pens in 4 games, I'm not surprised that the Pens pulled it together and played a great game last night. Good for them man!

Now come on back to Detroit ya'll... lets finish this thing!!!

coy.gif

We both know the best thing for the NHL is for the series to go 7 and Detroit wins it at home in Overtime - yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (alphseeker @ May 29 2008, 07:19 PM)
well, as much as i would have LOVED to see the Wings shut out the Pens in 4 games, I'm not surprised that the Pens pulled it together and played a great game last night.  Good for them man!

Now come on back to Detroit ya'll...  lets finish this thing!!!

coy.gif

We both know the best thing for the NHL is for the series to go 7 and Detroit wins it at home in Overtime - yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

As long as Ozzie gets another shutout so I can win my hockey pool! 1287.gif

Bull
Absolute Bull.

Did you even watch the game? WTF?

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ May 29 2008, 07:52 PM)
well, as much as i would have LOVED to see the Wings shut out the Pens in 4 games, I'm not surprised that the Pens pulled it together and played a great game last night.  Good for them man!

coy.gif

laugh.gif @ Test...

one can only hope smile.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ May 30 2008, 02:28 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ May 29 2008, 07:52 PM)

coy.gif

laugh.gif @ Test...

one can only hope smile.gif

If the Wings can win this one tonight, they should close the series.

Go Wings! cool.gif

Good Luck Tonite RED WINGS

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/gowings.gif

Archived