2nd leg drum solo question

theredtamasrule

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 9 2008, 11:28 AM)
i would love to see neil stop using samples altogether. i want the old school solo, drum's and percussion and nothing else. trink39.gif

The first leg of the tour I'd of agreed with you....But the second pass though Dallas was something very special....They had worked a lot more feeling into everything. Especially the drum solo....It was much richer and smoother this time around.... cat.gif

QUOTE (yes.2 @ May 12 2008, 11:38 AM)
i would love to see neil stop using samples altogether. i want the old school solo, drum's and percussion and nothing else.  trink39.gif

The first leg of the tour I'd of agreed with you....But the second pass though Dallas was something very special....They had worked a lot more feeling into everything. Especially the drum solo....It was much richer and smoother this time around.... cat.gif

He seemed to slow down the electronic portion of the solo and give it quite a bit more feel and clarity. While not being his biggest fan, I did appreciate what I heard and have a lot of respect for what he has done over the years.

QUOTE (Cygnus The God Of Balance @ May 12 2008, 02:08 PM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ May 12 2008, 01:06 PM)
QUOTE (Cygnus The God Of Balance @ May 12 2008, 12:27 PM)
I wish he'd stop doing drum solos all together.  If he'd stop, there would be time for another song, like The Camera Eye.

bolt.gif

wtf.gif

Apparently my feeble attempt at sarcasm has fallen flat sarcasm.gif

doh.gif

QUOTE (yes.2 @ May 12 2008, 01:38 PM)
i would love to see neil stop using samples altogether. i want the old school solo, drum's and percussion and nothing else.  trink39.gif

i hear ya, i am not saying it does not sound good but after all these year's of that kind of solo i really want the old school one trink39.gif

QUOTE (Docmilsap @ May 9 2008, 07:18 PM)

Excuse me if i'm wrong but the 2007 & 2008 drum solos are virtually the same?

Out of the 4 different shows that I went to in 2007,...there were 3 different drum solo arrangements.

This opinion is from a drummer that has seen Rush 36 times.

I think he needs to lose the electric drums all together. They have never had a good sound live in my opinion. I'm just glad he didn't use them on The Trees this time. And the electric solo stuff just doesn't work for me.

The acoustic drums just sound soooo good! The electrics spoil it.

QUOTE (Cygnus The God Of Balance @ May 12 2008, 03:08 PM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ May 12 2008, 01:06 PM)
QUOTE (Cygnus The God Of Balance @ May 12 2008, 12:27 PM)
I wish he'd stop doing drum solos all together.  If he'd stop, there would be time for another song, like The Camera Eye.

bolt.gif

wtf.gif

Apparently my feeble attempt at sarcasm has fallen flat sarcasm.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Archived