Forgetting Sarah Marshall

rushgoober

Ok, this movie is touted as being by the makers of The 40 Year Old Virigin and Knocked Up. In reality, it's only produced by the guy who directed both those movies, Judd Apatow, and it's written by Jason Segel, who's also the main character in the movie. There are smaller roles featuring Jonah Hill (Knocked Up, Superbad) and Paul Rudd (40 Year Old Virgin, Knocked Up), so it's still kind of all in the family.

Anyway, all that being said, this is a great movie. It's not the all-out laughfest that 40 Year Old Virgin, Knocked Up & Superbad were. Mind you, it's VERY funny and you'll find yourself laughing a lot, it's just not QUITE as over the top as those movies were in terms of grossout humor and outrageous scenarios, as here they're going for something a bit more touching to go along with the humor. Still, it has its share of outrageousness, and I found it to be an extremely enjoyable movie.

Some might not like it quite as much as 40 Year Old Virgin, Knocked Up and Superbad, but for me it's right up there with those films...

i'll check it out with my wife.. we both watch How i met your mother and like jasons humor.. superbad was kinda funny for what it was..

I thought this movie was hilarious and definitely up there with those other movies. Edited by pt2112

I watched this last night with my wife, and I loved it. I thought it was just as funny as the 40 year old virgin.

There were some classic lines in this one.

"Are those sad tissues or happy tissues?"

"He stopped her in mid blow job. Do you know how hard that is? That guy is like Gandhi!"

I can't wait to watch this one again.