Ask Treeduck boxing questions !

Tick

A little disappointing but not really surprising. I never thought Brook would handle the pressure and power that triple G brings.

So ducky, GGG vs Jacobs?

Well he landed some great combinations and punches and busted Triple G's face making him see his own blood, for me Brook was ahead on points and that was with a broken eye socket. And he never never went down and was taking GGG's power when the towel came in because of the eye injury.

I thought Brook did quite well but a good big one invariably beats a good smaller one. Brooks fight with Galovkin was more about raising his profile in the US than being a serious expectation of victory.

The argument was that brook is a natural middleweight who has to cut down to make welterweight. Tonight showed that he's not at the top fighting at middleweight.

There could be some interesting matches for him at welterweight if he was looking to get name recognition. I don't think it was smart to come up to middleweight and try to topple the mountain that is GGG.

My opinion anyway.

The thing about weight is, Brook is used to fighting welterweights and Triple G is used to fighting middleweights, that's the difference, no matter what they weighed.

I don't see him going back down to 147 his next fight will be at 154.

A little disappointing but not really surprising. I never thought Brook would handle the pressure and power that triple G brings.

So ducky, GGG vs Jacobs?

Well he landed some great combinations and punches and busted Triple G's face making him see his own blood, for me Brook was ahead on points and that was with a broken eye socket. And he never never went down and was taking GGG's power when the towel came in because of the eye injury.

Brook won maybe one round. He was visibly hurt in round one and he was taking clean shots and running when his corner threw the towel.

I don't think he wins even without the eye injury. I just thing GGG is the better fighter.

I thought Brook did quite well but a good big one invariably beats a good smaller one. Brooks fight with Galovkin was more about raising his profile in the US than being a serious expectation of victory.

The argument was that brook is a natural middleweight who has to cut down to make welterweight. Tonight showed that he's not at the top fighting at middleweight.

There could be some interesting matches for him at welterweight if he was looking to get name recognition. I don't think it was smart to come up to middleweight and try to topple the mountain that is GGG.

My opinion anyway.

The thing about weight is, Brook is used to fighting welterweights and Triple G is used to fighting middleweights, that's the difference, no matter what they weighed.

That's a shame. I would love to see him fight Thurman.

Lara would also be an interesting match for him at 154.

So ducky, GGG vs Jacobs?

Brook won maybe one round. He was visibly hurt in round one and he was taking clean shots and running when his corner threw the towel.

I don't think he wins even without the eye injury. I just thing GGG is the better fighter.

It wasn't just the eye injury itself it was the effect of the eye injury, he couldn't see Golovkin properly for most of the fight, so he got hit with more shots than he would have if his vision had been normal.

My opinion anyway.

That's a shame. I would love to see him fight Thurman.

Lara would also be an interesting match for him at 154.

Thurman will move up to 54 eventually. I think he beats Thurman anyway.

Edited by treeduck

If a Russian is going to come to the US to fight an American fighter. He has to knock the American fighter out. I think that was shown tonight.

What say you Ducky?

I think he was robbed.

Yeah I scored it for Kovalev, I thought he won by 3 or 4 rounds. I had both the SKY commentary and the HBO one on at various times during the fight, and the SKY team seemed blind, or blind to Kovalev's work. Every time Ward landed a punch it was "great punch from Ward" then Kovalev would land a few jabs and a combination and few more big shots and there was absolute silence or annoying babble about something else. Until Ward landed another punch then it was "oh great jab from Ward..." The HBO team were better and Harold Lederman scored it about the same as me. Paulie Malignaggi for Sky seemed to be identifying with Ward, the crafty boxer with no power, and his comments reflected that.

• Like 1

If a Russian is going to come to the US to fight an American fighter. He has to knock the American fighter out. I think that was shown tonight.

What say you Ducky?

I think he was robbed.

Yeah I scored it for Kovalev, I thought he won by 3 or 4 rounds. I had both the SKY commentary and the HBO one on at various times during the fight, and the SKY team seemed blind, or blind to Kovalev's work. Every time Ward landed a punch it was "great punch from Ward" then Kovalev would land a few jabs and a combination and few more big shots and there was absolute silence or annoying babble about something else. Until Ward landed another punch then it was "oh great jab from Ward..." The HBO team were better and Harold Lederman scored it about the same as me. Paulie Malignaggi for Sky seemed to be identifying with Ward, the crafty boxer with no power, and his comments reflected that.

Even Ward looked shocked when they announced the decision. Even he thought he had lost. It was a good fight, but Kovalev got the better of it. If they fight again, I hope its outside of the US. Maybe on neutral ground in England or something. And hopefully not an all US judging team.
  • Like 1

What say you Ducky?

I think he was robbed.

Even Ward looked shocked when they announced the decision. Even he thought he had lost. It was a good fight, but Kovalev got the better of it. If they fight again, I hope its outside of the US. Maybe on neutral ground in England or something. And hopefully not an all US judging team.

I doubt it'll be in Russia, no way Ward goes there. It was a big deal getting him out of Oakland, Ward probably feels that Vegas is enemy territory, well not after last night. It'll probably be in America again, Kathy Duva should insist on neutral officials though.

What say you Ducky?

I think he was robbed.

I doubt it'll be in Russia, no way Ward goes there. It was a big deal getting him out of Oakland, Ward probably feels that Vegas is enemy territory, well not after last night. It'll probably be in America again, Kathy Duva should insist on neutral officials though.

It doesn't have to be in Russia. Just not in the US. I agree that at the very least it needs to have neutral judges.

What say you Ducky?

I think he was robbed.

It doesn't have to be in Russia. Just not in the US. I agree that at the very least it needs to have neutral judges.

I can't see Ward fighting outside America. New York is about as far as he'd go, and I'm not sure he'd go there. Maybe Texas with neutral judges?

What say you Ducky?

I think he was robbed.

I can't see Ward fighting outside America. New York is about as far as he'd go, and I'm not sure he'd go there. Maybe Texas with neutral judges?

Well if that's true then he is a punk.

What say you Ducky?

I think he was robbed.

Well if that's true then he is a punk.

He hardly ever fights outside of Oakland never mind America! About three quarters of his fights have taken place in Oakland and most of the rest somewhere else in California.

Why are boxing rings square? Could it be they are a right angle diamond (like in Baseball) that could be mounted to a ring? They certainly not round or oval at all!

http://www.todayifou...d-rings-square/

Interesting bit on the match that went 111 rounds before both fighters threw in the towel. :clap:
  • Like 2

Why are boxing rings square? Could it be they are a right angle diamond (like in Baseball) that could be mounted to a ring? They certainly not round or oval at all!

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2016/04/boxing-rings-called-rings-square/

Thanks for the read! I was actually asking the question as a silly parody of sorts as if you look at most of the previous silly questions I have placed before. Turns out there is actually some interesting facts on the subject. You learn something new every day :LOL:

• Like 2