Switching User Names, and aliases.

The Owl

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Apr 3 2008, 03:54 PM)
Who has aliases here? I only know of two and the reasons are for entertainment - almost everyone knows they are an alias (like whitetrash, etc)... Who else has one? Because generally we do not allow aliases/2nd names here...

do you mean two aliases or two members?

Just curious because Necro admits to having more than two aliases and it also sounds like both him and Ceej have aliases.

Again, Just curious.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Apr 3 2008, 07:43 PM)
Who has aliases here?  I only know of two and the reasons are for entertainment - almost everyone knows they are an alias (like whitetrash, etc)... Who else has one?  Because generally we do not allow aliases/2nd names here...

Just curious because Necro admits to having more than two aliases and it also sounds like both him and Ceej have aliases.

Again, Just curious.

This is used so that the pups can talk to SIGNALS.

I am sure that you understand that.

biggrin.gif

Y'know what... this is ridiculous.

What's the big deal? I don't see why having obvious aliases are a problem. I know people ask me if i know who someone else might be and I don't divulge it cuz i think that's their call. But for all the ones that people are questioning, they've all been outed at one time or another. So if someone can't do the homework to figure out who that might be, oh well.

Again... if there's something evil going on... that's different. I haven't seen anything like that.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 3 2008, 11:34 AM)
I notice there are several people around here on TRF that are switching thier Usernames. I know of a couple, but I have noticed there are several members that have over 2112 posts, but for the life of me I cannot remember them being around that long, that is unless they changed their user name. The two that I know of that have changed their names are r30 chris changed his username to Lone Star Boogie, and pagonman to just pags.

What is the reason for the changes, to those who have changed? Explain the change from your old name to the new username.

Also I know some have aliases on here for some reason or another, and I am not asking you to divulge you alaises if you wish. The only reason that the admins expose aliases is for abuse on "The Sence O'Clock" news section. But what is the reason for using an ailase?

well i changed mine awhile back, but my 1st one was my full name.. then after joining the forum and reading some threads, i realized the whole actual name thing is just plain stupid. confused13.gif so i changed it..

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Apr 3 2008, 08:43 PM)
Who has aliases here?  I only know of two and the reasons are for entertainment - almost everyone knows they are an alias (like whitetrash, etc)... Who else has one?  Because generally we do not allow aliases/2nd names here...

Again, Just curious.

Yes, I mean two members - the only people who have aliases that I know of (and admitedly, I am not around much anymore so I may be in the dark) are Necromancer and Geds. Are there a bunch more I don't know about? Also, Necromancer and Geds have always been up front, even asking us "Is this OK?" first in many cases, and never to harm - just for entertainment (and almost all members know they are indeed aliases, so it isn't for any malicous intentions).

I am certainly not saying people have not used aliases for malicous or not-up-front reasons, but when we see one we close the account or disable posting and if they are a member we PM them about it to see what's up too.

QUOTE (LoneStar Boogie @ Apr 3 2008, 04:44 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Apr 3 2008, 02:52 PM)
QUOTE (LoneStar Boogie @ Apr 3 2008, 03:40 PM)
asked RR if he could make the change for me, and he did.

You sure I changed your name? Because I remember not even knowing (or remembering if I did change it) until a month after laugh.gif

Pretty sure!

I changed it. You asked ME, LoneStar! Sheesh, what a memory! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Apr 3 2008, 04:39 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Apr 3 2008, 08:39 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Apr 3 2008, 04:32 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Apr 3 2008, 04:25 PM)
Necro... how many do you have?  confused13.gif

BTW... where is Aprul? unsure.gif  rofl3.gif  z7shysterical.gif

Necromancer is of course, me.

So is Arpul.

So is Vincent.

So is 2hi, which is no longer functional, because I abused it.

ByTor and Fear are me AND Ceej.

h1lda is me. ohmy.gif NOT hilda, but h1lda.

If anyone didn't know these... i am sorry. Other than 2hi, I've always used them for entertainment value and I never knew it was because I hated myself.

z7shysterical.gif

rofl3.gif

Give my regards to the above mentioned will ya z7shysterical.gif

I can't tell h1lda. She doesn't like you much. z7shysterical.gif

oh yeah... her unsure.gif laugh.gif

How funny is it that im reading this thread and tangdog is on the bottom next to my name and he is now tangy. laugh.gif

By the way, this thread is dumber then having an alias could ever be. trink38.gif

Well I changed my name ( thanks GG! ) yesterday.

hardly anyone ever one called me tangdog, usually it was tangy or the occasional tanger. lots of dogs around these parts too.

I guess the name tang is strange enough for most people without the addition of dog into the mix?

If I could do it all over I would be "La Villa Idiotato"

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Apr 3 2008, 10:13 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Apr 3 2008, 08:43 PM)

Again, Just curious.

Yes, I mean two members - the only people who have aliases that I know of (and admitedly, I am not around much anymore so I may be in the dark) are Necromancer and Geds. Are there a bunch more I don't know about? Also, Necromancer and Geds have always been up front, even asking us "Is this OK?" first in many cases, and never to harm - just for entertainment (and almost all members know they are indeed aliases, so it isn't for any malicous intentions).

I am certainly not saying people have not used aliases for malicous or not-up-front reasons, but when we see one we close the account or disable posting and if they are a member we PM them about it to see what's up too.

cool. Vincent was the most obvious one. cool.gif

What if I don't want to explain? confused13.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Apr 3 2008, 07:29 PM)
QUOTE (Lady April @ Apr 3 2008, 01:53 PM)
Peeps who have aliases don't like themselves and are very board people indeed with nothing better to do apparently.  dazed025.gif  fing.gif  sarcasm.gif

Some people are just creative and try to spread a little humor around the board with their aliases.

Your dimestore psychology isn't really appreciated as I'm DEFINITELY one of those "peeps". I have no problems with liking myself and speaking for others that I know have aliases, they like themselves fine too.

If someone used an alias to hurt you or make you have such a warped perception of people who have multiple alters, then you should report it to the admins rather than grouping us all together with some insulting post like that.

I've gone into chat as ALL my alters at one time and under most circumstances, everyone's been fully AWARE of what I'm doing and that it's all in jest. If someone feels goofy for not knowing, i can't help that. Most of the people with alters have been very upfront about the fact that it is an alter and who it belongs to. I'm sure there are some exceptions, but as RR said... they would know who it is and not allow any shenanigans with the alter.

rantoff.gif

ohmy.gif Wow dude! You certainly took that personally. Again, as I stated earlier in the thread I was being a smart ass. I am soo sorry this thread had to turn into another bitch fest, what a bummer. Am I not allowd to be a smart ass? I don't think i really deserved this Necro. Especially since YOU are a smart ass. I mean really! What the hell did I ever do to you? wtf.gif and "dimestore psychology" ??? unsure.gif

Thanks for answering the ailaises question.

And it seems that other than LSB, we don't have that many "full name changes" it seems like people doing small editing. Pags, Makehaste....just small edits.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Apr 4 2008, 11:32 AM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Apr 3 2008, 04:25 PM)
Necro... how many do you have?  confused13.gif

BTW... where is Aprul? unsure.gif  rofl3.gif  z7shysterical.gif

Necromancer is of course, me.

So is Arpul.

So is Vincent.

So is 2hi, which is no longer functional, because I abused it.

ByTor and Fear are me AND Ceej.

h1lda is me. ohmy.gif NOT hilda, but h1lda.

If anyone didn't know these... i am sorry. Other than 2hi, I've always used them for entertainment value and I never knew it was because I hated myself.

z7shysterical.gif

Necro some of us know your alters and some don't but you shouldn't have "spilled the beans" as it were because the fun element has now been taken completely out. Also Lady April meant no harm in any way man. 2.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Apr 3 2008, 11:28 PM)
Peeps who have aliases don't like themselves and are very board people indeed with nothing better to do apparently.  dazed025.gif  fing.gif  sarcasm.gif

Some people are just creative and try to spread a little humor around the board with their aliases.

Your dimestore psychology isn't really appreciated as I'm DEFINITELY one of those "peeps". I have no problems with liking myself and speaking for others that I know have aliases, they like themselves fine too.

If someone used an alias to hurt you or make you have such a warped perception of people who have multiple alters, then you should report it to the admins rather than grouping us all together with some insulting post like that.

I've gone into chat as ALL my alters at one time and under most circumstances, everyone's been fully AWARE of what I'm doing and that it's all in jest. If someone feels goofy for not knowing, i can't help that. Most of the people with alters have been very upfront about the fact that it is an alter and who it belongs to. I'm sure there are some exceptions, but as RR said... they would know who it is and not allow any shenanigans with the alter.

rantoff.gif

ohmy.gif Wow dude! You certainly took that personally. Again, as I stated earlier in the thread I was being a smart ass. I am soo sorry this thread had to turn into another bitch fest, what a bummer. Am I not allowd to be a smart ass? I don't think i really deserved this Necro. Especially since YOU are a smart ass. I mean really! What the hell did I ever do to you? wtf.gif and "dimestore psychology" ??? unsure.gif

So many people have bitched about the aliases that I totally took you seriously. You've had a habit in recent months for complaining about things, especially involving me. So if I mistook your comment, then forgive me. Or don't. Not really gonna lose sleep over it.

When i am being a wise ass... it's obvious. I put multiple laugh.gif in the post. I don't hide one sarcasm.gif at the end of a line of smileys after a bitch fest. But again... i guess it's my bad for NOT noticing it.

And it wasn't HARSH. Believe me, you'd KNOW it if I was being harsh. No one has ever even seen me be harsh. Trust me.

Whatever. Maybe the admins should just delete ALL alter accounts so people don't get their paranoia up in knots. I just get tired of all the bitch fests.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Apr 4 2008, 10:25 AM)

rantoff.gif

So many people have bitched about the aliases that I totally took you seriously. You've had a habit in recent months for complaining about things, especially involving me. So if I mistook your comment, then forgive me. Or don't. Not really gonna lose sleep over it.

When i am being a wise ass... it's obvious. I put multiple laugh.gif in the post. I don't hide one sarcasm.gif at the end of a line of smileys after a bitch fest. But again... i guess it's my bad for NOT noticing it.

And it wasn't HARSH. Believe me, you'd KNOW it if I was being harsh. No one has ever even seen me be harsh. Trust me.

Whatever. Maybe the admins should just delete ALL alter accounts so people don't get their paranoia up in knots. I just get tired of all the bitch fests.

I concur

If you're trying to be a wiseass, do it properly.

Maybe there's a course for that? confused13.gif

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Apr 4 2008, 06:56 AM)

rantoff.gif

I concur

So what happens to someone who fails a wiseass course? Are they forced to be serious until they pass? confused13.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Apr 4 2008, 11:45 AM)

rantoff.gif

I concur

So what happens to someone who fails a wiseass course? Are they forced to be serious until they pass? confused13.gif

I suppose that depends on your instructor confused13.gif

I dunno man, never took the course myself. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Apr 4 2008, 07:51 AM)

rantoff.gif

I concur

Hey! They really have them!! laugh.gif

http://www.wiseasswisdom.org/

Wise Ass Wisdom events:

...unsnag the snaggletoothed!

...octane boost the pyromaniacked!

...re-inspire the teachers, producers, staff and attendees!

...wow even those who think they are wowier than thou!

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Apr 4 2008, 05:25 AM)

Hows this for a thought, maybe people should lighten up, not give a shit, and spend there time concentrating on more important things. confused13.gif trink38.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Apr 4 2008, 12:01 PM)

rantoff.gif

I concur

Wise Ass Wisdom events:

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

That you actually looked this up!! laugh.gif

Seriouly the one thing I learned is to not let things get under your skin.

Lots of times people don't get my humour and I've learned to not worry about it. There are more important things in life yes.gif

^

^

Pop Psychology laugh.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Apr 4 2008, 01:01 PM)

rantoff.gif

I concur

Wise Ass Wisdom events:

This sounds interesting...

Session 2

Dance Massage

Marcie Prohofsky

We'll journey together to sensual wholeness through the physical landscape of dance massage. We'll combine contact improvisation, therapeutic touch, and lots of love. And we'll learn how to connect moment-to-moment in giving and receiving blissful massage that's full of beautiful, unfolding fluid movement and sweet caring touch. Slow down time, nurture your expanding heart and whole body as you offer or receive touch that is part lover, mother, healer, and dancer. Learn body rolling as a foundation to this magical dance massage. In order to create safety, we will begin with self-massage and intimacy exercises as well as some massage basics and body rolling/contact dance moves. Open to both single people and couples. Come prepared to move in comfortable loose clothing, and bring an open heart intent on giving and receiving. We hope that participants will take away from the session some joy, delicious inspiration, and new thoughts about time, space, and touch.

Spiritual Applications of The Erotic Arts of Power Exchange

Captain Erotica

How is Sadomasochism a form of energy work? In what ways do dominance/submission arts help us recognize the divine in another being? We'll take a cutting edge tour of the erotic arts of "power exchange" set in a spiritual context. The applications of meditation, astrology, the chakra system, and yoga meet eroticism, sensual role play & kink for a Play-Full experience. Participation is encouraged! Participants will be invited to take part in the brief example exercises at various points, though such exercises are totally voluntary / optional.

I have friends on the board who have even bothered to know me the way that I am and it seems I don't meet up to your standards of "how to be a wise ass" Necro, who has always been a warm welcome for me, seem to always have something to say and then lose no sleep over it. How senseless. Just so you know I wasn't "hiding" the sarcasm.gif Why the hell would I do that? I am not hiding anything. I don't know why you insist on making excuses to cover your ass. Why not just say you were out of line and leave it at that? Saying that and following it with "not going to lose sleep over" is really insincere making any previous apology a wasted breath. You are right. From the last entanglement with you you said that because I had met someone off the board I am in favor of them. Not right in my respect, just yours. You can talk to me or not talk to me. It really sucks if you don't, just if you do you don't have to behave this way. Either way I guess Iwon't lose sleep over it sarcasm.gif

*edited to add that I was not thinking of any person when I posted my smart ass remark nor did I say any names. There are two people in here that seem to have a problem with me. One has prejudged me from the day I came here and doesn't like me anyway. I give a shit about that person. You Necro are the other one. The only reason you have an issue and jumped on my shit, as I can be understanding as well, is because of a previous conflict we had that, as far as I can remember, we discussed it separately from the thread and worked it out. I thought I was told everything was fine. Mabey I misunderstood, if I did I do apologise for the misunderstanding and I am sorry you took this as a personal attack. It was meant for no one in particular. Had anyone else posted that remark this would not be happening.

eh.gif

But if you REALLY dun like me I still won't lose sleep laugh.gif

but it would still suck sad.gif

Archived