Seemingly Strange question...

GeminiRising79

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Apr 2 2008, 10:40 PM)
Silly homophobes.

No one said anything remotely homophobic in this thread.

Sorry if I find it amusing that you've made 43 posts and 2 of those are topics you've started about Rush and gay sex. Sorry though, I'll let you get back to your Geddy fantasies in peace.

Its funny you bring up Alex here, because I just remembered something about him that I thought was very peculiar.

Back in '81, I went to the Capital Centre in Largo, MD to see the Moving Pictures tour with a bunch of friends. We saw the first show (of two) and then showed up the next morning to see if we could get lucky and see/meet any members of Rush. Well, lo and behold, here comes Alex with his RC airplane, walking toward the larger part of the parking lot. I, as well as my friends were in shock because we really didn't think we would get much of a glimpse of any of them. So Alex goes about flying his airplane around and pretty quickly it ends up in a tree (a mighty oak?). Some fan decided to go climb the tree to retrieve it. While he was doing so, Alex was talking to his friend and watching the guy climb the big tree. I, like any other infatuated teenage fan would do, just stared in awe of Alex. I had never ever been this close to a real rock star. I had only seen Alex, prior, on the albums and magazines, so I was completely awestruck--I'm sure many of you may relate to this. I really couldn't believe I was actually standing 5 feet from him. I wanted to observe every thing about him, since I was so impressed by him. One of my friends was standing with me during this time--A really good looking kid who was an amazing guitar player. I noticed that Alex kept staring at him in the face. It was no coincidence because I was observing everything Alex was doing. It was pretty bizarre seeing Alex staring at my friend like he was. He couldn't keep his eyes off him. It then occurred to me that Alex might be bisexual (especially since I was pretty confused the first time I saw him looking like tinkerbell in one of the Rush album covers that I owned...I had thought at the time:"My God, not Alex!"). So there you go, maybe he has tendencies, who knows, but it was kind of creepy seeing Alex check my friend out in this fashion.

Edited by GeminiRising79

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Apr 2 2008, 11:10 PM)
Silly homophobes.

Sorry if I find it amusing that you've made 43 posts and 2 of those are topics you've started about Rush and gay sex. Sorry though, I'll let you get back to your Geddy fantasies in peace.

They didn't say it but they reacted pretty strongly to the idea their idol may be bisexual.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Apr 3 2008, 12:30 AM)
Silly homophobes.

They didn't say it but they reacted pretty strongly to the idea their idol may be bisexual.

I have exactly zero problem with bisexuality, but I do think that this kind of speculation is tacky and disrespectful. If anything like that did go on, it was obviously very much in private and no one's business but those who were involved.

If you find it fun to think about, fair enough, but don't be surprised that people find your interest in it amusing, peculiar or distasteful. If that bothers you, perhaps you should keep it to yourself.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Apr 2 2008, 09:28 PM)
Its funny you bring up Alex here, because I just remembered something about him that I thought was very peculiar.

Back in '81... It occurred to me that Alex might be bisexual... So there you go, maybe he has tendencies, who knows, but it was kind of creepy seeing Alex check my friend out in this fashion.

So it's a free-for-all with Alex? Maybe he's just really, really, really horny.

Did your friend flirt back? I mean, seriously, the chance of a lifetime. Early 80s, rock star, drugs. Life is about experiences my friend.

QUOTE (Cygnusss @ Apr 2 2008, 08:43 PM)
QUOTE (CarlosPerez @ Apr 2 2008, 07:39 PM)
Alex looks fairy sometimes, so I think yes it happen with him and different man.

It was probably with you, against Alex's will.... wink.gif

Hey, doncha know the saying? What goes on in Rio, stays in Rio.

Silly homophobes.

laugh.gif

Back in '81, I went to the Capital Centre in Largo, MD to see the Moving Pictures tour with a bunch of friends. We saw the first show (of two) and then showed up the next morning to see if we could get lucky and see/meet any members of Rush. Well, lo and behold, here comes Alex with his RC airplane, walking toward the larger part of the parking lot. I, as well as my friends were in shock because we really didn't think we would get much of a glimpse of any of them. So Alex goes about flying his airplane around and pretty quickly it ends up in a tree (a mighty oak?). Some fan decided to go climb the tree to retrieve it. While he was doing so, Alex was talking to his friend and watching the guy climb the big tree. I, like any other infatuated teenage fan would do, just stared in awe of Alex. I had never ever been this close to a real rock star. I had only seen Alex, prior, on the albums and magazines, so I was completely awestruck--I'm sure many of you may relate to this. I really couldn't believe I was actually standing 5 feet from him. I wanted to observe every thing about him, since I was so impressed by him. One of my friends was standing with me during this time--A really good looking kid who was an amazing guitar player. I noticed that Alex kept staring at him in the face. It was no coincidence because I was observing everything Alex was doing. It was pretty bizarre seeing Alex staring at my friend like he was. He couldn't keep his eyes off him. It then occurred to me that Alex might be bisexual (especially since I was pretty confused the first time I saw him looking like tinkerbell in one of the Rush album covers that I owned...I had thought at the time:"My God, not Alex!"). So there you go, maybe he has tendencies, who knows, but it was kind of creepy seeing Alex check my friend out in this fashion.

Sounds like you were jealous...

It still bothers you today...

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (jkt2112 @ Apr 3 2008, 01:02 PM)

Back in '81, I went to the Capital Centre in Largo, MD  to see the Moving Pictures tour with a bunch of friends.  We saw the first show (of two) and then showed up the next morning to see if we could get lucky and see/meet any members of Rush.  Well, lo and behold, here comes Alex with his RC airplane, walking toward the larger part of the parking lot.  I, as well as my friends were in shock because we really didn't think we would get much of a glimpse of any of them.  So Alex goes about flying his airplane around and pretty quickly it ends up in a tree (a mighty oak?).  Some fan decided to go climb the tree to retrieve it.  While he was doing so, Alex was talking to his friend and watching the guy climb the big tree.  I, like any other infatuated teenage fan would do, just stared in awe of Alex.  I had never ever been this close to a real rock star.  I had only seen Alex, prior, on the albums and magazines, so I was completely awestruck--I'm sure many of you may relate to this.  I really couldn't believe I was actually standing 5 feet from him.  I wanted to observe every thing about him, since I was so impressed by him.  One of my friends was standing with me during this time--A really good looking kid who was an amazing guitar player.  I noticed that Alex kept staring at him in the face. It was no coincidence because I was observing everything Alex was doing.  It was pretty bizarre seeing Alex staring at my friend like he was.  He couldn't keep his eyes off him. It then occurred to me that Alex might be bisexual (especially since I was pretty confused the first time I saw him looking like tinkerbell in one of the Rush album covers that I owned...I had thought at the time:"My God, not Alex!"). So there you go, maybe he has tendencies, who knows, but it was kind of creepy seeing Alex check my friend out in this fashion.

Sounds like you were jealous...

It still bothers you today...

biggrin.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

No but seriously, I dont know what the staring thing was about, but I highly doubt he was actualy checking him out.

I don't see why everyone's posting on this thread like "EWWWWWW WHAT THE f**k!!!!???" Either, answer the best you can, have a laugh about it or don't post.

Anyway back on subject, I certainly couldn't say what happened back in the '70s, some bands are all open about it, others not so much. Either way it certainly wouldn't change anything about the music side of things and even if they did mess around I would guess it would be with outside parties rather than each other, that could get uncomfortable for sure!

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Apr 3 2008, 01:47 PM)
http://redeagle1.homestead.com/files/fora/worst_thread_ever.jpg

laugh.gif rofl3.gif

Thats a cool picture

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Apr 2 2008, 08:29 PM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Apr 2 2008, 05:28 PM)
For the record, I am not gay nor do I have any homoerotic fantasies.

And you felt it necessary to point this out because.......?

Personally, I think you're a repressed Rush groupie wannabe. You'd have done better with the Village People, Freddie Mercury or Elton.

Hope you don't think that I 'flamed' you, but then how can you flame a flamer? wink.gif

Yeah I heard he has been lurking in the "Geddy is Hot" thread lately. So I cross indexed those time frames with the typing characteristics of his posts during the same time and... well lets just say...

The analysis concluded that he is a "one armed man"? WTF?

Edited by Godeater2112

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 3 2008, 07:53 PM)
QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Apr 2 2008, 08:29 PM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Apr 2 2008, 05:28 PM)
For the record, I am not gay nor do I have any homoerotic fantasies.

And you felt it necessary to point this out because.......?

Personally, I think you're a repressed Rush groupie wannabe. You'd have done better with the Village People, Freddie Mercury or Elton.

Hope you don't think that I 'flamed' you, but then how can you flame a flamer? wink.gif

Yeah I heard he has been lurking in the "Geddy is Hot" thread lately. So I cross indexed those time frames with the typing characteristics of his posts during the same time and... well lets just say...

The analysis concluded that he is a "one armed man"? WTF?

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Alex @ Apr 3 2008, 02:49 PM)
QUOTE (PariahDog @ Apr 3 2008, 01:47 PM)
http://redeagle1.homestead.com/files/fora/worst_thread_ever.jpg

laugh.gif rofl3.gif

Thats a cool picture

I noticed in the episode where Comic Store Guy dates Skinner's mom that there was some strange friction and eye contact going on between those characters that episode. Do you think they might be bisexual?

If they did M-M-F with Mrs. Skinner what does that make her considering Seymoure is her son? A Bi.G.M.I.L.F.?

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Apr 3 2008, 01:08 AM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Apr 3 2008, 12:30 AM)
Silly homophobes.

I have exactly zero problem with bisexuality, but I do think that this kind of speculation is tacky and disrespectful. If anything like that did go on, it was obviously very much in private and no one's business but those who were involved.

If you find it fun to think about, fair enough, but don't be surprised that people find your interest in it amusing, peculiar or distasteful. If that bothers you, perhaps you should keep it to yourself.

Those of us that do not want to read your sexual fantasies about the band can freely state our opinion. I don't want to hear about anyone's sexual fantasies about any band male or female for the record. I don't believe it has a place on the board.

smilies-8579.png

Edited by Ancient Ways

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Apr 3 2008, 12:01 PM)
This is just GARBAGE. It's not funny, it's just sad.

It's a little of both actually. I had my fun with it as did a few others. But, come on, how much do you want to bet this person was just trying to stir things up? Threads like this seem to pop up from time to time. What can you do?

QUOTE (Janie @ Apr 3 2008, 09:04 PM)

It's a little of both actually. I had my fun with it as did a few others. But, come on, how much do you want to bet this person was just trying to stir things up? Threads like this seem to pop up from time to time. What can you do?

It's just kinda strange the same guy who started this one started the last one! laugh.gif

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Apr 3 2008, 01:38 PM)

It's just kinda strange the same guy who started this one started the last one! laugh.gif

Yeah, the one where we were supposed to fantasize about being asked for a threesome?

His posts are creative. You have to give him that!

QUOTE (Janie @ Apr 3 2008, 09:51 PM)

Yeah, the one where we were supposed to fantasize about being asked for a threesome?

Now taking bets on what his next thread will be!

I'm saying "Ever dress up a blow up doll to look like a member of Rush?" laugh.gif

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Apr 3 2008, 03:57 PM)

I'm saying "Ever dress up a blow up doll to look like a member of Rush?" laugh.gif

WOW!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Apr 3 2008, 05:04 PM)
QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Apr 3 2008, 03:57 PM)

WOW!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

now Gemini will probably be off the board for a couple of days once the shipment of neil hats arrives.