Official Porcupine Tree Thread

Rush!

QUOTE (KW84 @ Oct 18 2010, 09:21 PM)
Why is Stupid Dream underrated?
confused13.gif

I love it!

That is all smile.gif

It's a favorite of mine. I don't think it's underrated by long-time PT fans. Perhaps recent fans find it on the "mellow" side.

I'm not sure if this was asked already, but were both the Radio City Music Hall and Royal Albert Hall shows recorded for a live album or two? If so, I hope they will release a live recording of either or both shows on Burning Shed's site in the future.

^I was originally told that the Radio City show would be officially released, but then someone said the RAH show will be released instead.

So I'm confused as well haha...

Edited by Rush!

QUOTE (Rush! @ Oct 20 2010, 12:19 AM)
^I was originally told that the Radio City show would be officially released, but then someone said the RAH show will be released instead.

I heard that "officially" they recorded the RAH show for release. However, I'm sure they are like most bands and record every show (in some form or another). So, there's always hope that RCMH will see the light of day in official release.

QUOTE (tjtull @ Oct 20 2010, 08:08 AM)

I heard that "officially" they recorded the RAH show for release. However, I'm sure they are like most bands and record every show (in some form or another). So, there's always hope that RCMH will see the light of day in official release.

I've been searching through their Twitter and on one post, they said they record almost every show for the archives and that they have many Incident shows recorded and most likely that includes the RCMH show.

Also, I saw a post that mentioned the April 30th show at the Riviera Theater in Chicago was filmed but PT later said that the inclusion of songs that haven't been on a live release (The Incident, Bonnie The Cat, Russia on Ice and Stars Die) were not enough for a new DVD. So it's most likely we won't be getting a live DVD for awhile or at all.

And regarding which show they will release, 3 weeks prior (Sep. 3rd) to the RCMH show they said that they're probably going to do "some kind of RCMH/RAH audio album if we can play the old songs well enough" I think from that statement, they're going to take the best performances of the two shows and release it on a live audio album for download on Burning Shed. Kinda like they did the Atlanta album in June for Mick Karn's cancer treatment.

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Oct 20 2010, 07:42 PM)

I've been searching through their Twitter and on one post, they said they record almost every show for the archives and that they have many Incident shows recorded and most likely that includes the RCMH show.

Also, I saw a post that mentioned the April 30th show at the Riviera Theater in Chicago was filmed but PT later said that the inclusion of songs that haven't been on a live release (The Incident, Bonnie The Cat, Russia on Ice and Stars Die) were not enough for a new DVD. So it's most likely we won't be getting a live DVD for awhile or at all.

And regarding which show they will release, 3 weeks prior (Sep. 3rd) to the RCMH show they said that they're probably going to do "some kind of RCMH/RAH audio album if we can play the old songs well enough" I think from that statement, they're going to take the best performances of the two shows and release it on a live audio album for download on Burning Shed. Kinda like they did the Atlanta album in June for Mick Karn's cancer treatment.

I see.

That sounds valid, & like a solid way to release an album.

Thanks for the info. trink39.gif

If they record all their shows I wish PT would go the Phish route and release all their soundboard mixes through their site, for a few bucks.....

Quite a few artists post all their shows SB mixes on their site for like 7 or so bucks a show.... It would be cool if PT did something similar.

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Oct 20 2010, 06:42 PM)

Or maybe package the live release with the next round of ROABP memberships, like they did with Ilosaarirock!!

The Insurgentes DVD shipped today, but I still didn't get my notification that it shipped yet, even though I pre-ordered mine in August with the bonus CD with the eMail order and transaction confirmation. Did any of you who pre-ordered it on Burning Shed got a shipping notification yet? I feel that I shouldn't worry about it unless nothing happens after the DVD officially comes out on October 25th.

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Oct 21 2010, 09:03 PM)
The Insurgentes DVD shipped today, but I still didn't get my notification that it shipped yet, even though I pre-ordered mine in August with the bonus CD with the eMail order and transaction confirmation. Did any of you who pre-ordered it on Burning Shed got a shipping notification yet? I feel that I shouldn't worry about it unless nothing happens after the DVD officially comes out on October 25th.

I haven't heard anything, but I was under the impression that the shipping date was the 25th. It'd be nice if I'm wrong, though. I'm really anxious to see it.

Yeah, I thought the 25th was the shipping date until Steven said on his Facebook/Twitter that it started shipping today. There's some people who already had their copies shipped. I guess their policy with these kinds of pre-orders is that they ship UK orders first, followed by European orders, then US orders, and finally rest of the world orders. I remember my Anesthetize Special Edition was shipped rather later than the UK/European ones because of that.

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Oct 21 2010, 11:20 PM)
Yeah, I thought the 25th was the shipping date until Steven said on his Facebook/Twitter that it started shipping today. There's some people who already had their copies shipped. I guess their policy with these kinds of pre-orders is that they ship UK orders first, followed by European orders, then US orders, and finally rest of the world orders. I remember my Anesthetize Special Edition was shipped rather later than the UK/European ones because of that.

That makes sense. I guess we yanks will just have to white-knuckle it for another week or so. sad.gif

I was notified by e-mail yesterday that it shipped.

If you didn't get notified, I suggest you contact Burning Shed at support@burningshed.com They are always super-helpful and eager to track down your order, if you're having problems. Lisa is particularly nice!! wub.gif

QUOTE (tjtull @ Oct 22 2010, 07:42 AM)

I was notified by e-mail yesterday that it shipped.

If you didn't get notified, I suggest you contact Burning Shed at support@burningshed.com They are always super-helpful and eager to track down your order, if you're having problems. Lisa is particularly nice!! wub.gif

I just got the email. Woo Hoo!!! 653.gif